Thread: Reppublicans for anti-Christian Pseudo-science

Default Reppublicans for anti-Christian Pseudo-science

[IMc - OK, these Republicans lay claim to being Christian but in fact their bigotry and worship of mammon and racial oppression are vile herecies. This law is really about religious repression, not freedom. At a time when Christendom was mired in its dark age of religious control, the Islamic world gloried in a golden age of science. In a strange reversal, as Europe awoke, largely with the aid of Aristotelian texts that had been preserved by Muslim scholars, the Islamic world entered a fundamentalist phase that continues to this day, though with declining power in communities of diversity. These falsely religious Republicans are trying to drag us down that path to ignorance and brutality.]

COLUMBUS, Ohio (WKRC) - Ohio lawmakers are weighing in on how public schools can teach things like evolution.

The Ohio House on Wednesday passed the "Student Religious Liberties Act." Under the law, students can't be penalized if their work is scientifically wrong as long as the reasoning is because of their religious beliefs.

Instead, students are graded on substance and relevance.

Every Republican in the House supported the bill. It now moves to the Republican-controlled Senate.

https://abc6onyourside.com/news/loca...Z-NZLlNKxKXuTE

Default Re: Reppublicans for anti-Christian Pseudo-science

Quote Originally Posted by Ian McColgin View Post
    [IMc - OK, these Republicans lay claim to being Christian but in fact their bigotry and worship of mammon and racial oppression are vile herecies. This law is really about religious repression, not freedom. At a time when Christendom was mired in its dark age of religious control, the Islamic world gloried in a golden age of science. In a strange reversal, as Europe awoke, largely with the aid of Aristotelian texts that had been preserved by Muslim scholars, the Islamic world entered a fundamentalist phase that continues to this day, though with declining power in communities of diversity. These falsely religious Republicans are trying to drag us down that path to ignorance and brutality.]

COLUMBUS, Ohio (WKRC) - Ohio lawmakers are weighing in on how public schools can teach things like evolution.

The Ohio House on Wednesday passed the "Student Religious Liberties Act." Under the law, students can't be penalized if their work is scientifically wrong as long as the reasoning is because of their religious beliefs.

Instead, students are graded on substance and relevance.

Every Republican in the House supported the bill. It now moves to the Republican-controlled Senate.

https://abc6onyourside.com/news/loca...Z-NZLlNKxKXuTE
    I can’t see this helping to woo alternative energy and other high tech industries to the state. Of course their economy is in fine shape relying on steel and “beautiful clean coal” so I guess it won’t be an issue.
    Fight Entropy, build a wooden boat!

It won't hold up if challenged.
    In the US this perverted idea of “blood and soil” over “constitutional principles” is the most radical and anti-democratic and anti-Conservative idea I have heard in my lifetime.

~C. Ross

this is like something you read about happening in georgia, not ohio. . .
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

That is scary!

Why not change the curriculum to:
    Religious studies (based on Christian Fundamentalism)
    Conspiracy Theories
    Allan of the Grove
    "never send a ferret to do a weasel's job.."

Ohio, where the water burns brightly.

Quote Originally Posted by S/V Laura Ellen View Post
    That is scary!

Why not change the curriculum to:
    Religious studies (based on Christian Fundamentalism)
    Conspiracy Theories
    survey af ancient mythologies

Why Ohio wants to be the next Kansas is beyond me.
    Gerard>
    ​Freeland, WA

Resistance is NOT futile.

Which means that any qualification or degree from any of their institutions is unreliable, and not worth the paper it's printed on. The 'education system' is a farce and a fraud.

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard38 View Post
    I can’t see this helping to woo alternative energy and other high tech industries to the state. Of course their economy is in fine shape relying on steel and “beautiful clean coal” so I guess it won’t be an issue.

I'm afraid that's an outdated view of Ohio. I've been spending a lot of time in Columbus over the last few years (am I lucky or what?) & the greater Columbus area has a number of data centers (including Google), a bunch of software companies, and a decent amount of tech. It's also got major trucking industries: a huge UPS shipping center, a bunch of large terminals, and a bunch of repair & sales places.

Hardly any coal or steel left.

Other parts of Ohio are seemingly still in the dark ages - hence this sort of stuff. What I've found interesting is political apathy. Even quite liberal folks there don't really seem to care about this sort of thing.
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by Garret View Post
    I'm afraid that's an outdated view of Ohio. I've been spending a lot of time in Columbus over the last few years (am I lucky or what?) & the greater Columbus area has a number of data centers (including Google), a bunch of software companies, and a decent amount of tech. It's also got major trucking industries: a huge UPS shipping center, a bunch of large terminals, and a bunch of repair & sales places.

Hardly any coal or steel left.

Other parts of Ohio are seemingly still in the dark ages - hence this sort of stuff. What I've found interesting is political apathy. Even quite liberal folks there don't really seem to care about this sort of thing.
    the amount of right wing and christian radio on the fm dial in ohio is mind boggling

if there were ever a reason for satellite radio it’s my commute from alabama and to hell and back

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    the amount of right wing and christian radio on the fm dial in ohio is mind boggling

if there were ever a reason for satellite radio it’s my commute from alabama and to hell and back

Maybe that's why they can't drive?

they can't drive because the Staties will nail you for 1 over the limit. Living in NJ where the speed limit is somewhere under 100, I hate it when people from Ohio come to visit as they become rolling roadblocks on the highways
    "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito"

-Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Art Haberland View Post
    they can't drive because the Staties will nail you for 1 over the limit. Living in NJ where the speed limit is somewhere under 100, I hate it when people from Ohio come to visit as they become rolling roadblocks on the highways
    You haven't driven on I71 from Cleveland to Columbus. The fast lane is doing 80-85 (70 limit) - most of 'em talking on their cell while doing so. However, those folks have to pull over every few miles to get around the idjuts doing 50 in the left lane - while talking on their phones.

As I recall there was a giant statue of Christ with his arm raised just off the I75 in Ohio. It got hit by lightning and burnt to the ground (message from God)?
    I think they built a new one.

Allan of the Grove
    "never send a ferret to do a weasel's job.."

Any Ohio House Democrats support it? (Oh dear. Two.)

Don't get too upset yet, though. Snopes rates the story reported in the OP "Unproven:" (Link)

And the checker at this site rates it "False:" (Link)

Reassured now? (Yeah, I know y'all were just foolin' around. )

Quote Originally Posted by Ian McColgin View Post
    This law is really about religious repression, not freedom.
    Isn't that the way it's done now: you name a bill after what it is not?

Will they give students a choice between feet, meters, and cubits?
    Ask me! I've got my Leatherman!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Bow View Post
    Will they give students a choice between feet, meters, and cubits?
    Depends on what sort of naval architecture degree you do.

Pete
    Don't underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers!

Quote Originally Posted by Art Haberland View Post

In Ohio (I grew up there), 20 or more over the speed limit is a mandatory citation for reckless operation of a motor vehicle, a criminal charge - that entails physical arrest, vehicle impounded, you get to cool your heels in goal until arraignment... then you get to stand trial in a criminal court.

The state troopers do go out of their way to avoid that, but... it does leave a mark.
    You would not enjoy Nietzsche, sir. He is fundamentally unsound. — P.G. Wodehouse (Carry On, Jeeves)