Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A particular party is alleged to be stupid

Default A particular party is alleged to be stupid

As a non-American looking in, maybe the 'Reds' are stupid.

However since the 'Reds' are apparently so stupid how come the opposition, the 'blues', weren't smart enough to field a candidate to stop* the current President being elected what does that make them?

Hopefully the USA will get a President that they justly deserve at the next election.

* needs definition.
    I live and drink rum where other people vacation.

Default Re: A particular party is alleged to be stupid

how much have you had to drink today?
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Why do you post stuff like this?
    One of the most enduring qualities of an old wooden boat is the smell it imparts to your clothing.

Because the people who vote for then are the true morons. The politicians are amoral but not moronic, and know which buttons to push.
    It really is quite difficult to build an ugly wooden boat.

The power of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web
    The weakness of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web.

Quote Originally Posted by Lew Barrett View Post
    Why do you post stuff like this?
    For discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Peerie Maa View Post
    Because the people who vote for then are the true morons. The politicians are amoral but not moronic, and know which buttons to push.
    And the 'Blues' don't know which 'buttons to push' ?

Surely the 'Blues' can field a superior candidate to the one the 'Reds' are likely to field?

Presidents during the 19th century

Presidents during the 20th century

Presidents during the 21st century

Rum, do you believe Trump is qualified to be president, do you believe he is truthful, do you believe he is a good business man, has good morals, is mentally stable, has much of any clue how to actually do the job, is actually a conservative even, some here seem to.

The way you posed it, there's not much to discuss. Your premise's inference is flawed so all that can be done is to point out how ridiculous it is.
    One of the most enduring qualities of an old wooden boat is the smell it imparts to your clothing.

Some one needs a hug!

Here I'm giving you a virtual hug!

Now don't you feel better already?
    Skip

---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --
    ...........fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...

afloat with at least 6' of water under me.

Unlike the GOP which is made up of white, ultra religious, rich old men who think like they all do in unison. Now the problem is they're supporting the idiot, not the country. Democrats have a big tent comprised of different religions, different sexes, different ages diverse educations and cove a wide mix of rich and poor. It'd diverse which leads me to your other point, being diverse there are differing opinions and positions which have to be worked out which causes confusion at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Smith porter maine View Post
    Rum, do you believe Trump is qualified to be president, do you believe he is truthful, do you believe he is a good business man, has good morals, is mentally stable, has much of any clue how to actually do the job, is actually a conservative even, some here seem to.
    You are digressing from the OP topic.

Nevertheless

1. do you believe Trump is qualified to be president? Apparently there are no prerequisite qualifications to be President of the USA. The only qualification apparently is to be elected.

2. do you believe he is truthful? I don't follow the precise politics and quote exactly, but he does certainly appear to be a 'stranger to the truth'. You only have to look at the 'fact checker' sites.

3. do you believe he is a good business man? He or at least several of his companies have been bankrupt. I would say that a good businessman would not have his business(es) go bankrupt. The USA has a strange thing 'chapter 11', which I do not fully understand why.

4. has good morals? I'll include 'ethics' in that. He does appear to be deficient in that sector. Will see what the 'impeachment' matter brings forth.

5. is mentally stable? Have seen various 'doctors' giving long distance diagnoses. He seems to be trying to run the country like he does his businesses. Sometimes he appears childish.

6. has much of any clue how to actually do the job? Is anyone given guidance on that aspect? It may be a natural ability or learned. He probably should listen to advisers (and/or better ones) I believe that he could do a better job. He could also learn to put his points across in a better manner.

7. is actually a conservative even? A true Conservative, no.

Despite all that baggage the Blues still couldn't field a candidate to 'beat' him in the last election. How come?

Sweet Mother of God reds are Stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Lew Barrett View Post
    The way you posed it, there's not much to discuss. Your premise's inference is flawed so all that can be done is to point out how ridiculous it is.
    So - However since the 'Reds' are apparently so stupid how come the opposition, the 'blues', weren't smart enough to field a candidate to stop* the current President being elected what does that make them? is flawed?

Thumbs up Re: A particular party is alleged to be stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    how much have you had to drink today?
    Apparently not enough.
    Somebody hand him the bottle.
    Keep calm, persistence beats resistance.

Quote Originally Posted by S.V. Airlie View Post
    Unlike the GOP which is made up of white, ultra religious, rich old men who think like they all do in unison. Now the problem is they're supporting the idiot, not the country. Democrats have a big tent comprised of different religions, different sexes, different ages diverse educations and cove a wide mix of rich and poor. It'd diverse which leads me to your other point, being diverse there are differing opinions and positions which have to be worked out which causes confusion at times.
    Not all people that voted for Mr Trump were white, ultra religious, rich old men. There are not that many.

You really believe that the Republicans 'big tent' does not have support comprising 'different religions, different sexes, different ages diverse educations and cove a wide mix of rich and poor." Really?

As to being so diverse are they unable to, or so stupid, that they cannot work out and coordinate the 'differing opinions and positions' ?
    What the heck would happen if they were elected???

Quote Originally Posted by Domesticated_Mr. Know It All View Post
    Apparently not enough.
    Somebody hand him the bottle.
    You Sir, are offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by John of Phoenix View Post
    Sweet Mother of God reds are Stupid.
    Keep on repeating your mantra.

If, perhaps when, your president is re-elected, what will that make the 'Blues' ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rum_Pirate View Post
    You are digressing from the OP topic.

Nevertheless

1. do you believe Trump is qualified to be president? Apparently there are no prerequisite qualifications to be President of the USA. The only qualification apparently is to be elected.

2. do you believe he is truthful? I don't follow the precise politics and quote exactly, but he does certainly appear to be a 'stranger to the truth'. You only have to look at the 'fact checker' sites.

3. do you believe he is a good business man? He or at least several of his companies have been bankrupt. I would say that a good businessman would not have his business(es) go bankrupt. The USA has a strange thing 'chapter 11', which I do not fully understand why.

4. has good morals? I'll include 'ethics' in that. He does appear to be deficient in that sector. Will see what the 'impeachment' matter brings forth.

5. is mentally stable? Have seen various 'doctors' giving long distance diagnoses. He seems to be trying to run the country like he does his businesses. Sometimes he appears childish.

6. has much of any clue how to actually do the job? Is anyone given guidance on that aspect? It may be a natural ability or learned. He probably should listen to advisers (and/or better ones) I believe that he could do a better job. He could also learn to put his points across in a better manner.

7. is actually a conservative even? A true Conservative, no.

Despite all that baggage the Blues still couldn't field a candidate to 'beat' him in the last election. How come?
    So why would a smart person vote for him? I just can't see it, I can agree that the Democrats ran the worst possible candidate

So why would a smart person vote for him? I just can't see it, I can agree that the Democrats ran the worst possible candidate
    You asked my exact question (phrased differently). You could be suggesting that almost half of those that voted are not smart. What does that make the ones that didn't vote?

You could be suggesting that almost half of those that voted are not smart. What does that make the ones that didn't vote?

Why would a person vote for him?

Reason, the Democrats apparently ran a worse candidate.

What will the Democrats field in the next election?

The Democrats need a charismatic leader as a candidate to come forward.

northern Georgia, or Mississippi Delta USA

Yet the Democrats did run a candidate that got more votes than Trump did. The electoral college that gives more power to voters from smaller states elected Trump with help from the Russians.

However since the 'Reds' are apparently so stupid how come the opposition, the 'blues', weren't smart enough to field a candidate to stop* the current President being elected what does that make them?

Hopefully the USA will get a President that they justly deserve at the next election.

* needs definition.
    This is exactly the point. The ONLY reason Donald Trump is President is because the Democrats nominated Hillary Clinton. Probably the two most awful candidates who have ever run. Unfortunately they seem to be heading down the same path again. The impeachment charade certainly isn't helping their cause either. If they want to remove Trump from office they should knock off the impeachment nonsense and get to work finding a candidate who can beat him in the election. Really doesn't seem like it should be that difficult.

Do you believe these to be true regarding Hillary Clinton? The election wasn't between Trump and some ideal candidate straw-man.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy W View Post
    Yet the Democrats did run a candidate that got more votes than Trump did. The electoral college that gives more power to voters from smaller states elected Trump with help from the Russians.
    That is the same system, once formed, as it was for Mr Obama and all the Democrat presidents before him. See Post #6.

That is the same system, once formed, as it was for Mr Obama and all the Democrat presidents before him. See Post #6.

Please direct me to the proof/link re 'help from the Russians'.
    What about the UK dossier, should that be discussed as well?

Surely the Democrats also had the same access to canvas and campaign in those smaller states or was that not allowed?

* needs definition.
    Epoxy is crap.
    Rattling the teacups.

Well lots of Hillary hate out there by the same folks that investigated and impeached Bill for lying about a bj, but now defend Trump for trying to use american aid for political gain, that apparently doesn't rise to impeachment level, so yeah going with stupid.

Well lots of Hillary hate out there by the same folks that investigated and impeached Bill for lying about a bj, but now defend Trump for trying to use american aid for political gain, that apparently doesn't rise to impeachment level, so yeah going with stupid.
    how 'bout hypocrisy? which is really just one of the lowest forms of dishonesty. . .

So the question remains, how come the Democrat party is (so far) unable to field a candidate that appears likely to beat Mr Trump.
    If not the USA will have another two-term President.

Quote Originally Posted by Fonzoga View Post
    This is exactly the point. The ONLY reason Donald Trump is President is because the Democrats nominated Hillary Clinton. Probably the two most awful candidates who have ever run. Unfortunately they seem to be heading down the same path again. The impeachment charade certainly isn't helping their cause either. If they want to remove Trump from office they should knock off the impeachment nonsense and get to work finding a candidate who can beat him in the election. Really doesn't seem like it should be that difficult.
    I agree with you.

Concentrate on finding promoting and fielding a charismatic popular candidate.

Apparently it seems it is indeed that difficult.

CPES is crap, too.
    Rattling the teacups.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    how 'bout hypocrisy? which is really just one of the lowest forms of dishonesty. . .
    Sure I can do that, especially for certain demographics... But I honestly think Joe the plumber woke up with a serious case of the dumb a**.

Quote Originally Posted by oznabrag View Post
    CPES is crap, too.
    Wrong forum, should be in:

Quote Originally Posted by oznabrag View Post
    CPES is crap, too.
    thin crap

I think you're confusing Trump and Biden. Biden was the one who bragged about withholding aid unless the prosecutor who was after his son's company was removed. Biden's son was given a job with the oil company that he had no qualifications for other than being Joe Biden's son.

OK, I'll bite; fools rush in . . . . First, the name is the DEMOCRATIC party. Get it right, please. We don't talk about the 'Republic' party, because that isn't its name.

I'm not going over the 2016 election again; all too many words have been wasted on that.

. . . how come the Democrat (sic) party is (so far) unable to field a candidate that appears likely to beat Mr Trump?
    False premise. The polls, such as they are, don't say that at all. But it's a year before the election, and polls aren't very reliable this far out; much can happen in a year. And Mr Trump is not popular at all, although his hard-core support seems surprisingly immune to bad news. Impeachment hearings are underway, and more unpleasant information is coming out every day, literally. Demographic changes are slow but continuing; the percentage of old rural evangelical not-highly-educated southern white men in the electorate is dropping by the hour (and most of those individual adjectives as well). Mr Trump is REALLY unpopular among anyone who isn't white, urban and even suburban voters, young people, and those with college degrees - all growing categories. If those under 35 or hispanic folks voted at the same rate as whites or African-Americans, the Republican party would be history outside of the south. All that's to say, things are very much up in the air yet, but I wouldn't bet much on Mr Trump at this point.
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman