Thread: Peppa Pig World… the Prime Minister addresses the Confederation of British Industry..

Default Peppa Pig World… the Prime Minister addresses the Confederation of British Industry..

IMAGINES VEL NON FUERINT

Default Re: Peppa Pig World… the Prime Minister addresses the Confederation of British Indust

no one was laughing
    because the joke's just not funny anymore
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Default Re: Peppa Pig World… the Prime Minister addresses the Confederation of British Indust

Losing your place in a speech for twenty seconds, then wittering about Peppa Pig World and asking an audience of serious Northern businessmen if they have visited a kids’ theme park several hundred miles away, when they are expecting a serious speech on levelling up the North and you have just reneged on an election promise to build them a high speed railroad, is not a good way to make friends and influence people.

IMAGINES VEL NON FUERINT

Does Peppa Pig keep his/her/it's promises?

If so, "Peppa Pig for Prime Minister" (it couldn't get much worse)!

Dwedais "Gwirion", nid "Twp"

IMAGINES VEL NON FUERINT

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Craig-Bennett View Post
    Losing your place in a speech for twenty seconds, then wittering about Peppa Pig World and asking an audience of serious Northern businessmen if they have visited a kids’ theme park several hundred miles away, when they are expecting a serious speech on levelling up the North and you have just reneged on an election promise to build them a high speed railroad, is not a good way to make friends and influence people.
    Isn’t that all a bit weird?

He has a minor ruckus going on about his social care policy as well.Some commentators are predicting that knives are being sharpened,metaphorically that is,with a view to removing him.Perhaps the fabled men in grey suits will be ambling his way.

It will soon be time to spend more time with his family and finish that book.

This book:

https://www.theguardian.com/books/20...y-says-scholar
    IMAGINES VEL NON FUERINT

Which family?
    I've lost count. :-)

IMAGINES VEL NON FUERINT

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Craig-Bennett View Post
    It will soon be time to spend more time with his family and finish that book.

This book:

https://www.theguardian.com/books/20...y-says-scholar
    I realise it's a Grauniad article, but it does appear that just about every Shakespeare academic out there has a pretty low opinion of BJ.

Boris was so much easier to stomach when all we had to do is cast our eyes across the pond and realise how much worse off we could be.

Trump's now gone. We're stuck with Boris.

Maybe the planet was hit with a stream of stupid atomic particles in the last few years.

The Independent (once a newspaper, now an on line thing) seems to think that the revolt against Johnson in the Tory Party has begun.

The process for calling a leadership election involves a certain percentage of MPs writing to the Chairman of the 1922 Committee - the organisation for Tory back bench MPs, and apparently letters are now starting to go in,
    IMAGINES VEL NON FUERINT

And, which of the possibles would you choose as his successor?
    I'd much rather lay in my bunk all freakin day lookin at Youtube videos .

Truss?
    Sunak?
    Gove?
    Patel?
    Hunt?

They are all vile. But the good thing is that the Brexitory Party has no strength in depth; the whole edifice will come crashing down soon.
    IMAGINES VEL NON FUERINT

The crisis has not gone away and is getting worse.

Today’s Guardian:

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...xrCmhkcN6a1CWc
    IMAGINES VEL NON FUERINT

Only in Brexit Britain would the Government rent an office for the tax collection service from a company set up in a tax haven.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...box=1637839009
    IMAGINES VEL NON FUERINT

Still circling the U bend
    At a press conference on Friday, Mr Macron attacked Mr Johnson over the posting of the letter on Twitter, saying: "I spoke two days ago with Prime Minster Johnson in a serious way.

"For my part I continue to do that, as I do with all countries and all leaders. I am surprised by methods when they are not serious.

"We do not communicate from one leader to another on these issues by tweets and letters that we make public. We are not whistleblowers."

This is about the death of migrants crossing the English Channel. Boris has also forgotten that once migrants land here, they are for us to deal with, since BREXIT we cannot return them to Europe.
    It really is quite difficult to build an ugly wooden boat.

The power of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web
    The weakness of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web.

Did the "men in grey suits" decide his time is over?

Boris Johnson’s meandering recent speech, in which he lost his place and blathered about Peppa Pig, was consistent with what we have come to expect of the prime minister. So the fact it was monstered by media commentators is bemusing. Johnson has long given up on topics halfway through, asked underwhelmed audiences to applaud him and babbled about painting model buses. Yet his latest shambolic presentation has been treated as a signal that his premiership is disintegrating. It suggests that media outlets have decided to apply a new filter because, as far as Johnson’s public persona is concerned, nothing has changed. [...]
    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...served-purpose
    Gruß, Günter

Quote Originally Posted by heimfried View Post
    Did the "men in grey suits" decide his time is over?

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...served-purpose
    I think the vultures are still high in the sky; they have seen the wounded animal dragging one leg, but they know the creature is still dangerous. For the moment, they will just watch.

Letters expressing “No confidence in the Leader of this party” are, we are told, being sent to the Chairman of the 1922 Committee, but still in single spies, not in bataillions. Nobody wants to be the first to challenge, because the first challenger never becomes the new leader.

“Treason doth never prosper - what’s the reason?
    ”Why, if it prosper, none dare call it treason!”

Sir John Harrington, godson of Elizabeth 1.
    IMAGINES VEL NON FUERINT

I missed this at the time...

Qui s'excuse....

I would ask how a nation like Britain with it's long tradition of government could elect someone like him, but then we had Trump so I'm still too humiliated to ask.
    "Where you live in the world should not determine whether you live in the world." - Bono

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." - Will Rogers

Just imagine, if you can, the Fox news response to President Biden hem-hawing for 20 seconds and then opining about a Disneyland world?

Tucker Carlson would have stroked out.
    HO HO HO

Quote Originally Posted by CWSmith View Post
    I would ask how a nation like Britain with it's long tradition of government could elect someone like him, but then we had Trump so I'm still too humiliated to ask.
    The Tories have run out of statesmanlike candidates, and at the time of the ballot Labour were in self-destruct mode.
    It really is quite difficult to build an ugly wooden boat.

The power of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web
    The weakness of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web.

It might be worth pointing out that Boris, like Trump, was hatched in New York.

Which might be a lesson for all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by P.I. Stazzer-Newt View Post
    It might be worth pointing out that Boris, like Trump, was hatched in New York.

Which might be a lesson for all of us.
    like joe says, the best of everything comes from new york
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by CWSmith View Post
    Same here although Trump still takes the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    like joe says, the best of everything comes from new york
    I think that’s limited to food and entertainment.
    HO HO HO

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Bow View Post
    I think that’s limited to food and entertainment.
    pfft, the world is a lot bigger than New York