Thread: No Time to Make a Sandwich.

Default No Time to Make a Sandwich.

Last night, holiday schedule, instead of watching the barely watchable evening news, we opted for a movie and settled on the James Bond, No Time to Die.

It's the last Bond movie I will sit through. POS. Very much in the model of the crap Bond movies since I was a thirteen year old kid and Sean Connery stopped Goldfinger. At thirteen I bought and read Ian Fleming's Dr No. I think I read about three of the thin novels. I think they were the first books I read that included sex scenes.

Stupid plot. Stupid and unwatchable tech stuff, a kid wearing glasses (so you know he's the smart one) sitting at a computer with banks of lights flickering all around, with all the facts about everything at hand, as if his computer were a crystal ball—and fist fights and gun fights and chases—really?—guys in black, coming out of nowhere, driving black motorcycles and black helicopters and black SUVs and all firing automatic weapons and none of them can hit squat, and somehow Bond and the Girl outwit and outrun and outshoot and escape, in time to foil the stupid world domination plot, and demolish the stupid super-villain-rule-the-world-facility. If I'd been at the theater (and if I had not been watching it with my Wife), I would've walked out.

I enjoy a good spy movie, intelligent intrigue and suspense, secret codes and passwords, slouch hats and trench coats in a fog-bound city, something by John LeCarre or Ken Follet.
    Speak softly and carry a mouthful of marbles.

Default Re: No Time to Make a Sandwich.

James Bond movies have become a cult thing, and must play to their audience. They expect all the campy, schlocky "super-spy" gizmos, the good guy (and girl) overcoming impossible odds, and bad guys in black at every turn. These are as much of a feature of 007 movies as seltzer bottles were in Laurel & Hardy films or black hat bad guys / white hat good guys cowboy movies. No insult intended toward you, Jim, but you should have known that you were going to see this kinda stuff in a Bond movie before you turned the TV on.
    Hope for the best, but plan for the worst.

Jim, check out the show Rubicon on AMC channel. I think you’d like it more than Bond.

i have time. making mine with turkey and stuffing right now.

I have always felt elaborate sandwiches to be an affront to the very institution.

Quote Originally Posted by amish rob View Post
    I have always felt elaborate sandwiches to be an affront to the very institution.
    I like 'em all. From simplest to most baroque.

Reuben remains the king in my universe, but love a simple Club as well.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

I never mentioned like. I’m not typically a sandwich person, anyway.

Still, a sandwich that cannot easily be eaten with one hand seems at odds with the very idea of the food.

To me. As I under the legend of the old Sammie.

5 yr old and I went on a jungle hunt for his lost $10 quadcopter, he wrked up an appetite. Didn’t find it but had an adventure. He wanted me to help him drag a tire up from the ravine. Maybe later.