The Rudder is also well on it's merry way.
This time I glued up the blank but kept the top sheet of ply off till I had added the weights. This saved me loads of fairing and fussing time.
After gluing in the weights, the same motley assortment of bits of metal and sand fill, I was able to quickly glue the top plywood piece. It's setting now and I'll have a go at shaping it tomorrow.
Gluing the blank. I cut it out on the bandsaw after it had set.
Used a belt sander and a rasp to get the shape smoothed out.
I used a forstner bit and a chisel to make the cavity. It was easier that the router for a small area.
Ready for the top sheet of plywood. Weights are in and flat. I did not put as much weight as the manual suggested because I think my ply is heavier than what they worked with.