Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234 LastLast

Thread: Penobscot 14 in Canberra Aus

Default Re: Penobscot 14 in Canberra Aus

Hi all, slow and steady progress.

I finally got a coat of epoxy on the interior of the hull and a couple of coats of varnish onto the watertight compartments, seat knees glued and screwed, and also varnish on the keel as I have decided to leave it bright as well.

For the centerboard case cap I rescued some blackwood which was cast off from the lumberyard as not good enough for flooring. I joined a couple of pieces and didn't try too hard to hide any imperfections, but I am fairly happy with how it looks.

and with a coat of epoxy with 207 hardner

The mast partner I made originally from cypress but it came out a bright golden color which sort of clashed with the more subdued blackwood everywhere else so I made another yesterday, at least I have an emergency now.

I have to stop worrying so much about finish as my youngest is starting to loose patience and just wants to go fishing in it.

Interior paint, breasthook, and oarlock pads next.

Mark
    Last edited by mwethers; 07-06-2017 at 10:48 PM.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how a oarlock is supposed to look? A google search was inconclusive and there is really only lip service in my books - make it look proportional!

This is my first cut at one - I think it is a bit fat at this stage. I intend to make this flush with the sheer and make up a cap to go over both the sheer and this block. I then have a bronze oarlock socket to go through both.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Last edited by mwethers; 07-06-2017 at 10:49 PM.

Mark

Looking good!

If the rowlock (oarlock) pad is right at gunwale level the oar may make contact with the gunwale as you row. Just keep that in mind as you decide on the design you like. If you sit in the boat on the rowing thwart with your rowlocks just clamped to the inner gunwale (inwale) and with an oar in the rowlock you will see the angle the oar shaft makes with the water where the blade enters and whether the shaft will clear the gunwale. For the geometry of the oar, thwart, and rowlock placement your plans should show you the recommended arrangements and in most instances the rowlock pad will be above gunwale level. R. D. Culler and Iain Oughtred both recommend that the top of the rowlock pad be 6" to 7" (150 - 180mm) above thwart level as a general rule and located 11" to 12" (280 - 305mm) aft of the after edge of the thwart, so that provides guidance general.

Hope this helps.

Graeme

Looking good!! Nice to see the mast thwart.

For that oarlock, you don't have to make it that deep if you don't want. Arch had an addendum to the building guide where you may consider making it shorter so there is a hole in the bottom for the oarlock, if you want to add a keeper chain, allow drainage etc...I'm probably only going to make my deep enough for the socket to fit in.

Cheers
    Kent

Time to get back on the first page of this forum.

I came up with a satisfactory solution to the row locks. I just rounded everything off leaving enough meat in the wood to drill for the socket. I have also worked out that I can drill a drain hole with a long drill bit which will be sufficiently out of sight so all is good. I got three of the locks out in quick time but for some reason the last one of them was a right mongrel and fought me all the way with the final fit.

I started on the quarter knees which was an interesting job...I put a new curve cutting blade on the bandsaw and in my desire to see how good it was I cut a curvey curve on the waste side of my knee template...except it wasn't the waste side and I cut out the entire corner of the knee - duh!!

Whilst looking at what I had just done I realised that the cut didn't look too bad so I went with it to see what it would look like.

Not too shabby so I went with it, cut out the second one from cypress and laminated the blackwood cap onto the pair of them.

I think they have come up a treat and will look good once attached to the hull.
    I have only just now realised that the small boat on the cover of my "boatbuilders apprentice" book has the same design for the knees so I will just say it was a deliberate choice if asked.

Currently gluing up my stock for the breasthook. No need for photo's of two bits of cypress being glued together I think. I will make it the same as the knees - Cypress with a Blackwood cap. To get the right thickness without another trip into the city for an expensive piece of timber I have cut up one of my wife's stash of cypress sleepers which were destined for garden beds. Lovely timber which is a shame to use for a garden. Cleans up really well and is very seasoned. We did have an agreement that I would leave them alone but desperate times...

Mark
    Last edited by mwethers; 07-06-2017 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mwethers View Post
    Time to get back on the first page of this forum.

Whilst looking at what I had just done I realised that the cut didn't look too bad so I went with it to see what it would look like.

Not too shabby so I went with it, cut out the second one from cypress and laminated the blackwood cap onto the pair of them.

I think they have come up a treat and will look good once attached to the hull.
    I have only just now realised that the small boat on the cover of my "boatbuilders apprentice" book has the same design for the knees so I will just say it was a deliberate choice if asked.

Mark
    Mark I think they look great and in fact having those openings will come in handy, you will be able to tie lines off there.

Isn't there some obscure law of the universe that states that should a backyard boat builder nominate a date to finish then the time shall blow out by three times???

With work and a new posting approaching rapidly I will be happy if I get to sail by spring Aust.
    IMHO, the rule applies to all builders. Period. Full Stop. Some years back I moved to a small town in East Tennessee, about a thousand souls all together. I met one of my neighbors, who was "in the middle" of rehabbing a lovely old brick house. It was then August. My new friend mentioned that he planned to be moved in by Thanksgiving, late November, here in the USA... I asked, "What year?" He laughed. It was eighteen months before he and his family had moved in.

P.S. Though I've been lurking here at the forum, off and on, for years, I've just registered as a user, and have just come upon your thread. I am impressed by the high quality of your work, and look forward to seeing you on the water, in your build, very soon. All the best.

I would be concerned that the grain direction in the rowlock pads is the wrong way.I would expect the grain to run fore and aft,having it vertical means there is a good chance it will split along the line of the rowlock stem.

Quote Originally Posted by John Meachen View Post
    I would be concerned that the grain direction in the rowlock pads is the wrong way.I would expect the grain to run fore and aft,having it vertical means there is a good chance it will split along the line of the rowlock stem.

Hi John, I thought the same about the grain especially as the flash really accentuated the grain. I have to put a 3/4 in cap on top of it which is what the socket will be set into. If I make that grain opposing to this one will that suffice?

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Noto View Post
    IMHO, the rule applies to all builders. Period. Full Stop. Some years back I moved to a small town in East Tennessee, about a thousand souls all together. I met one of my neighbors, who was "in the middle" of rehabbing a lovely old brick house. It was then August. My new friend mentioned that he planned to be moved in by Thanksgiving, late November, here in the USA... I asked, "What year?" He laughed. It was eighteen months before he and his family had moved in.

P.S. Though I've been lurking here at the forum, off and on, for years, I've just registered as a user, and have just come upon your thread. I am impressed by the high quality of your work, and look forward to seeing you on the water, in your build, very soon. All the best.
    Thanks for taking the time to read my posts Chris and welcome to this fulfilling pastime. My sail is almost finished so I have my self imposed deadline of getting the interior construction completed by the time it gets here. Surprising to myself is that I am there after the breasthook is done and have to get into the paint/varnish. I have made a half-arsed start on my spars and have had the timber for the tiller since I started so I really need to look at them at some stage.

Spring is still possible but maybe slipping as the weather creeps lower and neglected house and garden work are mocking me every time I walk to the shed.

Mark

Hi John, I thought the same about the grain especially as the flash really accentuated the grain. I have to put a 3/4 in cap on top of it which is what the socket will be set into. If I make that grain opposing to this one will that suffice?

Mark
    It certainly has to help.

What material are you going to use for the rail cap and oarlock cap?

Quote Originally Posted by signalcharlie View Post
    What material are you going to use for the rail cap and oarlock cap?

Good Morning Kent, good question well asked.

I think I have to go for Tasmanian Blackwood. I say that like it is a chore but it is more because the color palette is fairly slim unless I go for some significantly heavier and/or more expensive timber that we have. Anything plywood in my hull will be antique white like yours with all hardwood bright - except for the stringers which will be the white as well. I would like to use Macrocarpa Cyprus because I have miles of it in my shed but it comes up a beautiful golden vibrancy unlike the blackwood which is much more subtle to my eyes.

As I type this I am again looking at the cover of Greg Rossel's building small boats and the contrast between Cypress and Blackwood would look similar to the hull/thwart scheme on that beautiful little boat and wondering about it again. But one thing missing from that boat is the white hull, so I don't know. I will have a bit of a play with what I have and try some different finishes. I also note that I am making the spars from the cypress so that may come into play as well.

Mark

Hi all.

I hit a couple of milestones this weekend, breasthook and quarter knees installed and the first rub rail on.

The photo below is as I was half way through removing the clamps and cleaning up. I am going to leave the clamps on now for a couple of days to ensure that the glue sets hard on the tight curve before I start sanding and messing around up there. The timber is my usual blackwood.
    Had to sand of the paint first - should have left it unpainted at the start.

This is the cleaned up part of the rail. This was the first time I have cut and used plugs and I am very happy with how they came out. I will admit to not understanding why most comments about getting out plugs was in the negative but now I know. It is a tedious job isn't it?

The knees - screwed and glued - permanent now.

The breasthook - screwed and glued. In my text it is suggested to not notch the hook completely around the stem to allow for limber holes which was a easy path to take. Given that there will be a cap over this hook I chose to go with this style knowing that I can concentrate on making a really tidy cap over the top. Nothing fancy about this piece. Golden Cypress timber with a really chunky tongue and groove joint down the middle. I followed the instructions provided by Arch to the letter and totally stuffed it up somewhere. I saved it by sanding the front edge down 1/4 inch which was all it needed for a snug fit. The front right edge looks like it isn't sitting flush but it is a very close fit just sitting a fraction proud prior to finishing.

We have a day off on Tuesday after ANZAC day commitments so I intend to get the second rub rail installed then as well as finally getting around to finishing the thwarts and other interior paint etc.

Mark
    Last edited by mwethers; 07-06-2017 at 11:00 PM.

It only seems like yesterday I was bitching about my shed being to hot to work in and the epoxy going off too fast. Now we have had our first frost, I have had to get my bees closed up for winter, and the optimal gluing time each day shrinking ever shorter. Conversely I trust the boating season is kicking off you you Northerners with some glorious spring weather.

I got both rub rails attached and tidied up and wow they do stiffen up the hull - along with the knees and Bowhook.

The designer calls for some decorative cheek pieces on the sheer plank and I thought that it will look better if I frame it with a piece on the lower edge of the plank. I got them out of the same lumber as the rub rails so hopefully they will clean up nicely and will finish bright.

They are beveled on one edge and rounded over on the bottom, and have a mongrel twist along the planks. I can't screw these in place so I got out a number of quick and dirty clamps on the bandsaw out of scraps and am gluing half a side at a time so I can divide and conquer the twist.

So far so good.

Mark
    Last edited by mwethers; 07-06-2017 at 11:02 PM.

Wow. Your patience and attention to detail are wonderful and amazing! Keep up the good work!

I had a lucky mothers day yesterday - my wife decided she wanted to go shopping in town and my chauffeuring services were not required, in fact she banished me to the shed to stay out of her way so there I stayed all day. Out of it I got the four rowlock pads completed, stem trimmed to the final shape, and various other bits and pieces.

For the bronze rowlock fittings I bought them months ago and put them away for easy access when needed. Of course I lost them and had to find them all first as they are all slightly different meaning I had to custom make each mortise individually. That took about an hour and then I found them in the most obvious place. The timber I think is Sydney blue gum. It is very dense and hard timber but the grain is running opposite to the blackwood mounts so I think it will all be good and strong enough.

I also got out the fwd sheer cheek pieces which came up quite nice if I do say so myself.

The stem was easy - step one cut and epoxy two wedges to fit in the triangular gap between the stem face and false stem. Step two cut out and transfer the full size pattern provided by the designer onto the stem, step three use the multi tool to rough out the shape, step four gouge out a freshly sharpened chisel on a stainless screw I forgot I used to assemble the stem over a year ago, final step sand it all down to look nice.

I can now start to see what was in my minds eye in relation to how I wanted the boat to look at the end which is pleasing. I now want to carve the name of the boat into the cheeks and highlight with contrasting paint but don't want to freehand the design before hitting it with the dremmel. So does anyone have tips on how to transfer the printed pattern onto timber to carve around?

Exciting news is my sail arrived from Tasmania. I think it looks great but don't really have anything to compare it against. Time will tell I guess. Now I have to make the spars and oars as now the boat is basically complete it needs propulsion of some sort if it is to get into the water this spring.

Next steps are to fasten the rowlock pads and fittings, cut out the sheer cap and then start the interior paint and bright work.

Last edited by mwethers; 07-06-2017 at 11:05 PM.

Its great to see three Penobscots going at once. Handy to get ideas and compare processes.

I am getting far behind in the yard work I am supposed to be doing but I figure it will very soon be too cold to use epoxy or stand in my unheated shed that I will be able to do the hardscaping to keep warm - that's my theory and I am sticking too it. This is what I woke to this morning looking out on my unfinished orchard. I love these types of mornings - cold still and even the chickens couldn't be bothered to get out and about yet.

I am onto the rail caps similar to signal charlie. My boat isn't too attractive right now with various clamps sticking out of it. This next photo was after the side rails and rowlock caps had set enough for me to transfer every spare clamp to the bowhook caps.

I now thing that the age old question of how many clamps does one need is purely a theoretical question similar to the "if a tree falls and no one hears it does it make a sound? My answer is as many clamps as you can fit in any one space...then triple it...

I think that so far it is coming up quite nice and the joints are fitting nice and snug against the rowlocks...

This is where I am up too right now. The center rail caps. slow and steady with the cutting for these. I have moved away from the bandsaw and orbital sander back to hand planes, paring chisel, and sandpaper, trying to sneak up on the joint and a tight fit. It is actual enjoyable to make shavings instead of dust for a change...

Once I glue down the center caps I will get back to the mast. For those in the know what is preferred...two straight grained and knot free pieces scarfed together or a single piece with some shallow surface knots which I could cut out and fill with epoxy??

Mark
    Last edited by mwethers; 07-06-2017 at 11:12 PM.

Looks great and the birdsmouth is very nice. How did you do the rub rail along the bottom of the sheer strake?

k

Quote Originally Posted by signalcharlie View Post
    Looks great and the birdsmouth is very nice. How did you do the rub rail along the bottom of the sheer strake?

k
    Thanks Kent. Post 85 shows how I ended up doing the clamping. I used a 1 cm square piece of timber beveled on the upper inside edge to match the run of the sheer plank. No way to discreetly fasten this being so small so I had to improvise with some home made clamps and do the job over four nights as the twist was too great otherwise. It is worth the effort I think.
    In hindsight a better way if I had forward planned would have been to glue it after the second last plank using a line cast off the last stringer then it would have been far easier to clamp.

Mark

After doing a section each night after work I have finished the capping tonight. So effectively the construction is all done. I have to say I am a bit melancholic about this milestone as it has been a fun process up till now. I can really see why others end up doing boat after boat.

Lots of sanding, varnish and paint in my immediate future. I even cleaned all the crap out of the boat for the viewers....

The bow hook took some time but I managed to get the separate blackwood sheets to sort of line up and the birdsmouth joints worked out in a very pleasing way..

Up until about an hour ago I had no real idea how I was going to finish the transom capping. I knew I wanted to do something out of the ordinary so I don't think I was ever going to make it the level of the quarter knees. In the end I sanded the capping to flow into the side capping and into the sculling hole. Apart from needing some tidy up I am very happy in the end with the result.

Apart from bedding down the bronze fitting this is how the oarlocks turned out...

I have some family commitments this weekend so time will be limited to night time which isn't a bad thing as the cool weather is helping limit air bubbles in the epoxy I am putting on the bits to be clear finished.

Mark
    Last edited by mwethers; 07-06-2017 at 11:19 PM.

Wow she is looking beautiful and artfully executed.The breasthook cap will definitely have people doing a double take.

I was excited about cutting what I thought was the last piece then I remembered that I still had the deadwood rub strip, mast, spar, sheer plank strip, sheer badges etc... to go SO I think there will always be things to do but we definitely are discussing what to build after this boat and other restorations are "finished."

Thanks for posting the pictures.

Kent and Audrey

Thanks for commenting again Kent. To keep me motivated to the end I comfort myself by saying that I have at least created a boat which could be launched today if I wanted too. But yes there are still copious jobs to do as any number of people on this forum will knowingly attest too.

Only photo for today is of the centerboard case after the final coat of epoxy ready for the first varnish coats...

I do have approval from home command to start another boat and I have the plan in mind but I am going to have to do a lot of yard work first before I make up my mind.

The mast and tiller are next on my agenda once the boat itself is sanded back and painted.

Through work I have found a light trailer for a good price which has a good rust free frame but bunks and rollers need replacing. So I have been scouring the internet for examples of how to set up a trailer for a wooden boat. If anyone has tips now is the time to throw them at me. At this stage I am thinking that I was just going to put in some good quality rollers for the keel and bunks for the hull.

Going for a drive to Sydney now so it all has to wait till tonight.

Mark
    Last edited by mwethers; 07-06-2017 at 09:22 PM.

Thanks for commenting again Kent. To keep me motivated to the end I comfort myself by saying that I have at least created a boat which could be launched today if I wanted too. But yes there are still copious jobs to do as any number of people on this forum will knowingly attest too.

Only photo for today is of the centerboard case after the final coat of epoxy ready for the first varnish coats...

I do have approval from home command to start another boat and I have the plan in mind but I am going to have to do a lot of yard work first before I make up my mind.

The mast and tiller are next on my agenda once the boat itself is sanded back and painted.

Through work I have found a light trailer for a good price which has a good rust free frame but bunks and rollers need replacing. So I have been scouring the internet for examples of how to set up a trailer for a wooden boat. If anyone has tips now is the time to throw them at me. At this stage I am thinking that I was just going to put in some good quality rollers for the keel and bunks for the hull.

Going for a drive to Sydney now so it all has to wait till tonight.

Mark
    Nice details.

As for yardwork we just hired our yard guys back, they get to deal with the Florida summer heat. After St. Jacques is finished up we want to turn out a fiberglass Sunfish then either restore a wooden Super Sailfish or Wooden Sunfish.

As for trailers your plan sounds good. The Penobscot 17 trailer was set up that way and it rode well. But with the light weight of the P14 you'd be ok with just bunks as well and maybe a front deadwood roller. If you laminate your bunks out of thinner strips you could give them a little rocker fore and aft. I wouldn't go too high aft or you could get hung up on launch.

Lapstrake on rollers and bunks, drop frame trailer, 19 foot Drascombe Lugger

I like the way the transom and sternsheets have turned out.Can't be too long now till the launching.

Just enough time between family, winter sport and night time to get some little bits and pieces underway.

Finished getting out the cheek pieces:

Had a good read of the instruction manual and there is actually a good deal of detailed instruction on the bottom molding installation but in the end I think I did ok my way as I didn't have to hammer extra nails through the timber into the thin plank.

Also finally got around to the tiller. I have used alternating pieces of Sydney Blue Gum, and Tasmanian Oak. The blue gum is very red which is so Australian to call something the opposite of what it really is. But it has a very tight gain and is good to work with...the dust is very fine though and gets everywhere.

I made the jig with a piece of scrap timber mounted on a piece of cypress. This allowed for the use of the big clamps as I had to really lean on them to get the bends in. I expect a bit of spring-back but I factored a little in.

There seems to be a lack of West's 207 around here but I hope my order will get in this week so I can keep going on the seats, sheer plank and capping. I also have picked up the trailer and thankfully there seems to be very little to do on it. And yes I still keep procrastinating about the mast and oars - I dislike handling long pieces of timber on the saws so I have to get organised and put the family to work.

Mark
    Last edited by mwethers; 07-06-2017 at 09:25 PM.

When released there was minimal spring back from the tiller. I had compensated for at least a bit so the shaping turned out some unplanned for patterns in the timber but all in all I think it turned out quite pleasing:

and the complete rudder assembly looks ok as well:

Now onto the mast. If there was ever an example of check and measure numerous times before cutting then this is it. I had read and re-read the instructions countless times and was full bottle on what the designer has intended. Then just as I was preparing to make the first cut I had a niggling thought and did a final check of the plan dimensions and low and behold I had missed a critical part of the description - the instructions were written for the stayed rig not the freestanding lug sail I had chosen and therefore the dimensions discussed were wrong. The lug sail is 1/2 in wider meaning I would have ruined some really nice straight grained hoop pine if I hadn't checked.

The timber yard had warned me that the hoop pine will tend to spring as the tension is released and to glue it up as soon as possible after cutting to avoid this so I had everything ready to go as soon as I had the three pieces cut to size. They are flipped end to end from each other so the grain is all opposing and I wetted out each piece before final assembly so hopefully all is well. I checked first thing this morning and apart from a small piece where it missed the plastic wrap and glued to my shed floor it is all dead level and feels like a really solid stick. When I get some clamps back I will start the other two spars for the rig.

Today is the queens birthday public holiday - the one time of the year to be happy about having an monarch I guess - so I will keep sanding and preparing for the interior painting.

Mark

Last edited by mwethers; 07-06-2017 at 09:17 PM.

Nice work Mark

k

Whilst waiting for the epoxy order to arrive I kept going on the spars.

Currently the yard is pretty much there and I will only need to final sand that one. The Mast is cut and tapered and sort of round. It needs a little more shaping to try and get it closer to some sort of uniform round shape. The boom is still in preliminary eight sided stage but the jaws are roughed out and it just needs shaping and gluing.

A cabinet maker told me that in his experience most saw accidents happen once a mitre is attempted to be cut as with most handyman table saws the scriving knife and or guards have to be removed to make the cut so he suggested that I use a chamfering bit on the router instead. This worked perfectly for the eight sided cut. I didn't have to lay out the entire mast as I only had to get the ends marked so that the router could be set up just shy of the line. Perfect straight and even cut as long as I kept the timber against the fence. I also laid it out using the calculation of the three segments equaling 24 - 7/10/7 for example. worked well in this case as long as I can trust my school boy maths skills...

Transferring the plans to a pattern

and roughed out from some nice tight blackwood which should contrast nicely against the light hoop pine:

the three spars - showing their developing shapes - for the lug rig

and for my next trick I am going to a local mens shed to learn how to turn so I can make my own Parrel Beads. I have never turned and don't have a lathe so I figure I will save a lot by getting some instruction - possibly even my fingers. Don't know yet what to turn them out of but I have a nice piece of Jarrah which is about the hardest of all our woods so I figure it could be good for this use however I have heard it is rather brittle to turn so we will see.

My daughter - and the boats name sake - has just arrived for mid semester holidays from Melbourne so I will be getting her into some sanding whilst I am at work. She is keen tonight but I will see what she is like tomorrow after an hours or three.

Mark
    Last edited by mwethers; 07-06-2017 at 08:55 PM. Reason: testing my new photo solution after the ransom attempt from photobucket.

Looks great Mark! How'd you get from 8 sided to round? We set up a router jig and that worked for the mast, but I cut my sprit blank to small and will get to redo that. Those remnants will probably turn into boat hook handles. Maybe I'll try to sharpen a plane and try that method out. Some things I enjoy learning how to do, the sprit has me circling around staring at it, trying to get it right on v2.0.

Cheers
    Kent

Hi Kent

To get to 16 sided I have another calculation to do it traditionally but will look at some sort of jig to make it simple. As I am still considering another build after this maybe I will be able to justify it for another set of spars. I just found the Gartside 225 "Ditch Witch" and that looks quite likely...I wonder?
    I am not 100% happy with the mast and know if I do it again knowing what I know now it will be much better but really I am getting knit picky and my wife and daughter can't see what I am so I should just relax.

For the Boom I am not yet decided on going round. Instead I am thinking that if I make it an oval there will be some extra timber to create stiffness and it isn't going to look too strange. I will look at it Friday afternoon after work so I have a while to think it through.

The rig is a bit strange to me as I have only ever seen a lug rig on google so I am trying to find the best way to rig it. Maybe it would have been easier to go to the sprit rig option but for me and my planned purpose the lug seems to be a good match between performance and safety. Besides for me it is just something else to learn and master.

Mark

Howdy Mark,

Food for thought:

1. The only person that will notice all the "tributes to the Great Spirit" also known as slips and goofs is you, your boat looks awesome. Anyone who points them out "doesn't get to go sailing" is what my Father In Law always says

2. Arch mentioned that he makes his boom rectangular now.

I found this Guide useful as a reference, maybe it is available in your hemisphere: https://www.amazon.com/Working-Guide.../dp/1891369679

Cheers
    Kent
    Last edited by signalcharlie; 06-22-2017 at 07:08 AM.

Many great looking details! I get inspired by the cheek pieces you made...Must find a way to make something like that on my s&g Argie 15...

Regards

Fred

Thanks Fred, The cheek pieces are straight from the plans from Arch Davis. In fact they are about the only things that I got to fit without having to adjust too much due to my other interpretations.

They are something I will incorporate in future as well. Trick now is how am I going to finish them - I have seen some bright and others in really out there colors. I think they will be bright with a cream plank on the outside.

Mark

I have started to recover my thread using Smugmug photo hosting so it will keep popping up for a while as I work through it.

Mark