Page 76 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2666757677 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,660 of 2843

Thread: Some real Aussie Politics

Default Re: Some real Aussie Politics

Quote Originally Posted by The Bigfella View Post
    So, something from 62 years ago, subsequently changed -about 30 years ago - and now expunged. Huh?

expunge

ɪkˈspʌn(d)ʒ,ɛkˈspʌn(d)ʒ/
    verb
    [COLOR=#878787 !important]past tense: expunged; past participle: expunged[/COLOR]

• obliterate or remove completely (something unwanted or unpleasant).
      [COLOR=#878787 !important]"the kind of man that could expunge an unsatisfactory incident from his memory"[/COLOR]
      synonyms: erase, remove, delete, rub out, wipe out, efface; More

...hardly.
    Last edited by Hallam; 05-16-2018 at 09:38 AM.
    If war is the answer........... it must be a profoundly stupid question

......lets pop over here and we will wave this magic legal wand and it will all be expunged. How nice......

What where you doing when you where eight years old Ian?

https://www.sbs.com.au/nitv/feature/...g-aboriginal-0

Walsh was only eight or nine-years-old when he was accused of having a criminal record for the first time. He was stopped by the police on the street one day in Hadfield, where he lived with his foster family.
    “The police asked me my name, my address and my age. And they said have I ever been in trouble? What a stupid question to ask a nine-year-old kid!” says Walsh.
    “I said no, and I started walking back home because the police took off,” he says. “Next thing they came back, picked me up, took me to the police station, called me a liar, said I had a criminal record, and give me a beating.”
    After that first incident, Walsh says he was often targeted by law enforcement, who used his ‘record’ as an excuse to go after him. ‘If a shop got robbed, I was picked up, if a house got robbed I was picked up. They didn’t ask all the white kids, they didn’t ask the Italian kids; they came to me.”
    After a few years Walsh says he “got sick of being told I had criminal conviction I didn’t know anything about, and being pulled up for things I hadn’t done, and, so I started doin’ em.”
    “It’s not saying I’m good or bad; I’m a young person being picked on, having to fight half the people in the schools I’m going to because I’m [bullied for being] the only coloured person, then having the police pick on me too… I reacted exactly how they thought I was going to react.”
    It was the start of a troubled period in Walsh’s life. According to records, Walsh reported struggling with anxiety, depression and anger as an adolescent After admitting to breaking into a house and stealing “an electric shaver, a transistor radio and some money from a moneybox”, he was committed to Turana Youth Training Centre aged 14. The reason given on the court order: “Likely to lapse into a life of crime”.

That word Turana leaps from the page because it's not just a word.............
    Last edited by Hallam; 05-16-2018 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hallam View Post
    ......lets pop over here and we will wave this magic legal wand and it will all be expunged. How nice......

Walsh was only eight or nine-years-old when he was accused of having a criminal record for the first time. He was stopped by the police on the street one day in Hadfield, where he lived with his foster family.
    “The police asked me my name, my address and my age. And they said have I ever been in trouble? What a stupid question to ask a nine-year-old kid!” says Walsh.
    “I said no, and I started walking back home because the police took off,” he says. “Next thing they came back, picked me up, took me to the police station, called me a liar, said I had a criminal record, and give me a beating.”
    After that first incident, Walsh says he was often targeted by law enforcement, who used his ‘record’ as an excuse to go after him. ‘If a shop got robbed, I was picked up, if a house got robbed I was picked up. They didn’t ask all the white kids, they didn’t ask the Italian kids; they came to me.”
    After a few years Walsh says he “got sick of being told I had criminal conviction I didn’t know anything about, and being pulled up for things I hadn’t done, and, so I started doin’ em.”
    “It’s not saying I’m good or bad; I’m a young person being picked on, having to fight half the people in the schools I’m going to because I’m [bullied for being] the only coloured person, then having the police pick on me too… I reacted exactly how they thought I was going to react.”
    It was the start of a troubled period in Walsh’s life. According to records, Walsh reported struggling with anxiety, depression and anger as an adolescent After admitting to breaking into a house and stealing “an electric shaver, a transistor radio and some money from a moneybox”, he was committed to Turana Youth Training Centre aged 14. The reason given on the court order: “Likely to lapse into a life of crime”.

What, when, or where?

Learning to fight and stick up for myself, same time as Walsh decided to steal, because I was different (tall and skinny), south western slopes. I didn't steal.

You?
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome and charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" Mark Twain... so... Carpe the living sh!t out of the Diem

Did the cops pick you up often ? They did Walsh.
    '' You ain't gonna learn what you don't want to know. ''
    Grateful Dead

Who's next to try and slag the messenger? Judith Sloan:

Economic reality put to one side as Bowen bakes magical pudding

Chris Bowen, Shadow Treasurer during his address to the National Press Club in Canberra. Picture: Gary Ramage

Hell will freeze over before Labor Treasury spokesman Chris Bowen presents a worse set of four-year budget figures than the Coalition’s during the next election campaign.

He tried this trick last time and it blew up in his face. Assurances that Labor would put in a better budget performance over 10 years fell on deaf ears, in part because 10-year predictions are questionable at best.

So how will Bowen achieve this? In addition to his ragtag collection of what he calls tax reform measures — pause for laughter here — he has added one that counts the most in terms of near-term revenue.

By disallowing the payment of cash refunds for franking credits, he is expecting a short-term revenue surge — $10 billion over four years — that should mean he can boast, on paper at least, that the budget position under Labor will be better than that under a Coalition government. And in line with this magic pudding version of economics, he will pledge bigger short-term income tax cuts for low and middle-income earners and even higher spending on health and education.

But here’s the thing: eliminating cash refunds for franking credits for everyone apart from age pensioners (and charities and not-for-profits) is appalling, regressive policy. That $10bn is sourced from people with zero or low taxable incomes.

The vast majority of them are just modest self-funded retirees whose assets and incomes put them just beyond the Age Pension. They earn between $3000 and $10,000 a year in cash refunds, on average.

They are not wealthy, but they save taxpayers a lot by not depending on the Age Pension. But this is the group that Labor principally wants to punish.

Wealthy retirees will have no problem avoiding Labor’s policy by rearranging their portfolios to continue to gain access to franking credits. That’s the Labor way these days — help the well-off while harming those who have worked hard to amass modest nest eggs for their retirements.

Chris Bowen. Picture: Gary Ramage

If you have any doubt about Labor’s fiscal arithmetic, it will be OK because Bowen is sticking with the same three old wise men he used last time to check his figures: former PM&C head Mike Keating, former finance professor Bob Officer, and chartered accountant and company director James Mackenzie. I guess he thinks that arrangement worked so well last time.

As for the rest of Labor’s proposed tax measures, the net effect will be to discourage hard work, risk taking, saving and investment. In other words, they run the risk of shrinking the size of the economic pie in the name of redistributing more income. Rather than tax reform, the measures are retrograde both in terms of their design and impact.

But being high-taxing and high-spending doesn’t seem to worry Labor anymore. The days of Hawke and Keating are well and truly over. The driving force for Labor is to spend even more taxpayer money on health and education, thereby creating more jobs for Labor voters.

No questions are asked whether this additional spending will achieve anything — our education standards have slipped in the face of massive increases in spending, but what the heck. The key is to outspend the Coalition while seeming to do more to repair the budget.

It’s the politics of envy meets buying votes. The only upside is voters will have a clear choice of policies between Labor and the Coalition come the next election, sending Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum into an early, albeit possibly temporary, retirement.

JUDITH SLOAN

Contributing Economics Editor

Judith Sloan is an economist and company director. She holds degrees from the University of Melbourne and the London School of Economics. She has held a number of government appointments, including Commissioner of the Productivity Commission; Commissioner of the Australian Fair Pay Commission; and Deputy Chairman of the Australian Broadcasting Corporation.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome and charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" Mark Twain... so... Carpe the living sh!t out of the Diem

Quote Originally Posted by PeterSibley View Post
    Often enough - and often for no other reason than that I rode a motorbike.

Looks like the Union RC is shooting blanks………………..
    Not that Setka et al are pure as riven snow but so far, no case……. in this case.

OTOH the Banking RC…………………….. Plenty of cases but no prosecutions…… Who'd a thunk it eh?

Quote Originally Posted by skuthorp View Post
    Looks like the Union RC is shooting blanks………………..
    Not that Setka et al are pure as riven snow but so far, no case……. in this case.

OTOH the Banking RC…………………….. Plenty of cases but no prosecutions…… Who'd a thunk it eh?
    Yes, they were seeking criminals at the wrong end of town.
    Grateful Dead

Yes, they were seeking criminals at the wrong end of town.
    They just pinged Yazaki for $46 million for cartel behaviour.... but you seem to have missed that.

Hmmm, spending money on health and education, sounds like a better idea than a statue of Capt Cook.
    The definition of stupid has got to be the belief that more guns will negate the bloodshed done with guns.

What, when, or where?

Learning to fight and stick up for myself, same time as Walsh decided to steal, because I was different (tall and skinny), south western slopes. I didn't steal.

You?
    Often enough - and often for no other reason than that I rode a motorbike.

.....well this is the conversation, a thread so to speak.
    Taking it up from my focus on the meaning of the word expunge, you, Ian choose to use as a new focal point for the discussion the word steal.
    You do this in a deliberate effort to highlight the different choice you made ie not to steal. You then attempt to create a common ground in other respects to the circumstances of your life at the time to that lived by Walsh making the implied assumption that the difference was you chose not to steal.
    Can you see the garden path you are attempting to lead this discussion up?
    Well i'm non going to bother following you up that pathetic little side track of yours that exposes your folly. Yes Ian, you have exposed yourself by what you have chosen not to address in your response, and even more so in how you have responded.
    Sad.

What, when, or where?

You?

......and yes I noticed your little dig as you failed to acknowledge the obvious point I was making. You don't really want to go there do you. What? Not big enough?

Who's next to try and slag the messenger? Judith Sloan:

Economic reality put to one side as Bowen bakes magical pudding

Chris Bowen, Shadow Treasurer during his address to the National Press Club in Canberra. Picture: Gary Ramage

Hell will freeze over before Labor Treasury spokesman Chris Bowen presents a worse set of four-year budget figures than the Coalition’s during the next election campaign.

He tried this trick last time and it blew up in his face. Assurances that Labor would put in a better budget performance over 10 years fell on deaf ears, in part because 10-year predictions are questionable at best.

So how will Bowen achieve this? In addition to his ragtag collection of what he calls tax reform measures — pause for laughter here — he has added one that counts the most in terms of near-term revenue.

By disallowing the payment of cash refunds for franking credits, he is expecting a short-term revenue surge — $10 billion over four years — that should mean he can boast, on paper at least, that the budget position under Labor will be better than that under a Coalition government. And in line with this magic pudding version of economics, he will pledge bigger short-term income tax cuts for low and middle-income earners and even higher spending on health and education.

But here’s the thing: eliminating cash refunds for franking credits for everyone apart from age pensioners (and charities and not-for-profits) is appalling, regressive policy. That $10bn is sourced from people with zero or low taxable incomes.

The vast majority of them are just modest self-funded retirees whose assets and incomes put them just beyond the Age Pension. They earn between $3000 and $10,000 a year in cash refunds, on average.

They are not wealthy, but they save taxpayers a lot by not depending on the Age Pension. But this is the group that Labor principally wants to punish.

Wealthy retirees will have no problem avoiding Labor’s policy by rearranging their portfolios to continue to gain access to franking credits. That’s the Labor way these days — help the well-off while harming those who have worked hard to amass modest nest eggs for their retirements.

Chris Bowen. Picture: Gary Ramage

If you have any doubt about Labor’s fiscal arithmetic, it will be OK because Bowen is sticking with the same three old wise men he used last time to check his figures: former PM&C head Mike Keating, former finance professor Bob Officer, and chartered accountant and company director James Mackenzie. I guess he thinks that arrangement worked so well last time.

As for the rest of Labor’s proposed tax measures, the net effect will be to discourage hard work, risk taking, saving and investment. In other words, they run the risk of shrinking the size of the economic pie in the name of redistributing more income. Rather than tax reform, the measures are retrograde both in terms of their design and impact.

But being high-taxing and high-spending doesn’t seem to worry Labor anymore. The days of Hawke and Keating are well and truly over. The driving force for Labor is to spend even more taxpayer money on health and education, thereby creating more jobs for Labor voters.

No questions are asked whether this additional spending will achieve anything — our education standards have slipped in the face of massive increases in spending, but what the heck. The key is to outspend the Coalition while seeming to do more to repair the budget.

It’s the politics of envy meets buying votes. The only upside is voters will have a clear choice of policies between Labor and the Coalition come the next election, sending Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum into an early, albeit possibly temporary, retirement.

JUDITH SLOAN

Contributing Economics Editor

Judith Sloan is an economist and company director. She holds degrees from the University of Melbourne and the London School of Economics. She has held a number of government appointments, including Commissioner of the Productivity Commission; Commissioner of the Australian Fair Pay Commission; and Deputy Chairman of the Australian Broadcasting Corporation.

............and now you want to run and hide? Had enough have we? The artfull dodger trundles off to safer territory......

....there's an idea for a new tag!
    artful dodger
    someone who makes it sound as if they want to get involved in doin something but wen it comes down to it dey always find some way ta bail out of it; or someone who always seems to have "something else" to do, no matter wat time of day or nite it is; or someone who can get out of ANYTHING ta save their own ass
    #artful#dodger#shady#creeper#lier
    Last edited by Hallam; 05-16-2018 at 06:59 PM.

............and now you want to run and hide? Had enough have we? The artfull dodger trundles off to safer territory......

....there's an idea for a new tag!
    artful dodger
    someone who makes it sound as if they want to get involved in doin something but wen it comes down to it dey always find some way ta bail out of it; or someone who always seems to have "something else" to do, no matter wat time of day or nite it is; or someone who can get out of ANYTHING ta save their own ass
    #artful#dodger#shady#creeper#lier
    Tch tch. Expect the world to be at your beck and call do you? Reality is different.

Quote Originally Posted by WX View Post
    Hmmm, spending money on health and education, sounds like a better idea than a statue of Capt Cook.
    Do you oppose all spending on the arts?

Do you oppose all spending on history?

Did you oppose Labor's budgeting $325 million on the 100th anniversary of Gallipoli?

(I'd remembered it as $100m, but Crikey has it down as $325m)

.....well this is the conversation, a thread so to speak.
    Taking it up from my focus on the meaning of the word expunge, you, Ian choose to use as a new focal point for the discussion the word steal.
    You do this in a deliberate effort to highlight the different choice you made ie not to steal. You then attempt to create a common ground in other respects to the circumstances of your life at the time to that lived by Walsh making the implied assumption that the difference was you chose not to steal.
    Can you see the garden path you are attempting to lead this discussion up?
    Well i'm non going to bother following you up that pathetic little side track of yours that exposes your folly. Yes Ian, you have exposed yourself by what you have chosen not to address in your response, and even more so in how you have responded.
    Sad.
    I'm sorry to hear that you are sad.

You should do something about that.

......and yes I noticed your little dig as you failed to acknowledge the obvious point I was making. You don't really want to go there do you. What? Not big enough?
    Go were?

Between Bourgeoisie and Proletariat - Australia

Halam - visit here; http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthre...he-Troll/page4
    And celebrate.
    "People should be able to access these benefits [Social Welfare] as a matter of right, with no more loss of their own standards of self-respect than would be involved in collecting from an insurance company the proceeds of an endowment policy on which they have been paying premiums for years."
    Robert Menzies - Liberal Party (Conservative) Prime Minister of Australia.

I'm sorry to hear that you are sad.

You should do something about that.
    ... perhaps I should make myself clear. In using the word Sad I was refering to your response, a sad somewhat pitiful response.
    In doing so I was attempting to emulate that fine example of a statesman President Trump. Maybe it would have been more obvious to you if i had said....
    Bigly Sad.

I think it's fair to say that I'm no supporter of Stephen Conroy.... whose NBN is about to be steamrollered by 5G mobile services.... but at least he's got the guts to speak up on this issue:

Shorten will prevail on boats insists Stephen Conroy

Stephen Conroy. Picture: Aaron Francis.

Labor Party elder Stephen Conroy has recalled sitting in cabinet meetings during the Rudd-Gillard years and forecasting the cost of housing and processing asylum seekers would exceed Australia’s entire education budget.

The former Labor senator said he was confident Opposition Leader Bill Shorten would prevail at the party’s national conference in July, amid a push from the Left faction to weaken border protection policy.

“The Labor conference back in 2015 or so, absolutely shut the door on this one,” Mr Conroy told Sky News last night.

“We had a very robust debate and Bill Shorten prevailed. Bill Shorten will prevail at the next conference and he will not be changing the position that we took to the last election which is supporting turning back the boats.”

“I’ve sat in cabinet where the numbers have been coming in, in terms of the amount of refugees, the amount of boats coming across and we have ended up with forecasts of spending more in one year processing and housing refugees than we were going to spend on education.

“When you start hitting those sorts of numbers you realise it is utterly unsustainable, so anybody out there who thinks we can change our position will utterly destroy the fabric of the government and the budget into the future.

Sky News Australia
    @SkyNewsAust

Stephen Conroy: I have sat in Cabinet where the forecasted spending amount on processing and housing refugees was more than education.

Anyone who thinks Labor can change its position will utterly destroy the budget into the future.

“You’ve got to be tough to protect people’s lives from being lost at sea themselves, and also to ensure that we can maintain an orderly immigration program, and help the many tens of thousands of refugees that we do help every hear.

“There is no win in this for Labor and Bill Shorten will prevail.”

On Tuesday Mr Shorten said Labor would not place any time limit on how long asylum seekers are able to stay on Nauru and Manus Island, despite a draft party platform released ahead of national conference calling for a 90-day limit.

A fortnight ago Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull accused Labor leader in the Senate Penny Wong of “rolling out the welcome mat to the people smugglers” after she said the party should be advocating for detention processing purposes to be limited.

... perhaps I should make myself clear. In using the word Sad I was refering to your response, a sad somewhat pitiful response.
    In doing so I was attempting to emulate that fine example of a statesman President Trump. Maybe it would have been more obvious to you if i had said....
    Bigly Sad.
    Come on, spit it out.

I know you are trying to communicate.

Think.

Then write.

Maybe you will achieve it. Communication, that is.

Try harder

Quote Originally Posted by gypsie View Post
    Ahh... the thread for those who can't make their point? Old mate is struggling this morning. Take him under your wing for a bit, eh?

Come on, spit it out.

I know you are trying to communicate.

Think.

Then write.

Maybe you will achieve it. Communication, that is.

Try harder

So you are the judge, announcing for all to see that I have not made the grade.

So the assumption is you communicate? I have to try harder and only then maybe I will achieve it.

How pathetically condescending of you......

Judging by your past performance, I do think you are hedging around until i fall into some trap. One that presents itself to you, rather than one you have deliberately set.
    You are not that smart.
    Then you will smack me down, all the while avoiding any reply of substance. Has it escaped your lofty perception that quite possibly communication is a two way process?
    Others will be the judge but there is even the possibility that so far in this discussion I may be doing a better job of it that you. Communication that is.
    Last edited by Hallam; 05-16-2018 at 08:59 PM.

I once had a mentor who helped get over a difficult patch I was experiencing with a fellow director of the organisation.
    He pointed out that we were in fact having 2 different conversations even though the common theme made it feel like one.

My observation from #2644 and #2648 is that Hallam is trying to explain something reasonable, and the other side (surprise surprise) is just attacking Hallam personally.

"People should be able to access these benefits [Social Welfare] as a matter of right, with no more loss of their own standards of self-respect than would be involved in collecting from an insurance company the proceeds of an endowment policy on which they have been paying premiums for years."

Gee, that would be new !
    Grateful Dead

So you are the judge, announcing for all to see that I have not made the grade.

So the assumption is you communicate? I have to try harder and only then maybe I will achieve it.

How pathetically condescending of you......

Judging by your past performance, I do think you are hedging around until i fall into some trap. One that presents itself to you, rather than one you have deliberately set.
    You are not that smart.
    Then you will smack me down, all the while avoiding any reply of substance. Has it escaped your lofty perception that quite possibly communication is a two way process?
    Others will be the judge but there is even the possibility that so far in this discussion I may be doing a better job of it that you. Communication that is.
    Taking the highlights, in order:

1. I have not made the grade - yes, you are correct.

2. assumption - you'd do better with your grades if you didn't keep making erroneous assumptions

3. I have to try harder - can't argue with that

4. pathetically condescending - there's that projecting again

5. i fall into some trap - you speak with some authority, for once, but it's one you set for yourself

6. You are not that smart - why continue this projecting behaviour of yours? It never works out for you.

Taking the highlights, in order:

1. I have not made the grade - yes, you are correct.

2. assumption - you'd do better with your grades if you didn't keep making erroneous assumptions

3. I have to try harder - can't argue with that

4. pathetically condescending - there's that projecting again

5. i fall into some trap - you speak with some authority, for once, but it's one you set for yourself

6. You are not that smart - why continue this projecting behaviour of yours? It never works out for you.
    ........rather ambiguous, don't you think?

From a discussion that started on the worthy subject of children in harms way - look where he's brought it.
    Distilled down to pure Ad Hominem - medical grade.

Yes, your responses to the issue raised by Jacinta Nampijinpa Price have been incredibly ambiguous. Apart, of course from your immediate attacks on the journalist who wrote the underlying article, and your diversion onto an issue that was addressed by changes to the law 29 years ago. Oh yeah, and your attacks on me. But that's OK, I'm on the boards... I can handle anything you want to throw.

So - are you going to address the issue raised by Jacinta and Warren? Or is your only method of communication, attack?

From a discussion that started on the worthy subject of children in harms way - look where he's brought it.
    Distilled down to pure Ad Hominem - medical grade.
    Aren't you ever able to stick to what you say you will do? You said I was on ignore, didn't you?

Quick.... scurry back and edit history. You wouldn't want to have to live up to your commitments, would you?

Its a common result, when shouty men attack the person, rather than the argument - someone has said something that tickled a nerve. Now leave the Libs alone, they are trying. If they double the deficit......again, they might even succeed. Provided of course we measure success in how much wealthier the obnoxiously rich are and that wages remain stagnant. Sterling stuff.
    I see what you mean............

...and Rosemary Neill?
    Here is a quote from a review of her book:

White Out: How Politics is Killing Black Australia

Neill’s analysis of the right / left political divide is an analysis elaborated elsewhere by commentators such as Noel Pearson. Neill therefore has no new insight to add to the debate, and wittingly or not, undermines the cultural authority of Aboriginal people by placing us in a conceptual framework that is extremely Eurocentric. As it is a sad fact that journalists have a very real stake in sensationalising ‘social issues’ perhaps a better title for Neill’s book may have been, How the politics of sensationalism is killing ‘black Australia’.

http://classic.austlii.edu.au/au/jou...B/2002/63.html

Here is a journalist/author right up the Bloviating Big Fella's political alley. To use this issue to further your political agenda is a downright discrace. WHO CAN SEE THE IRONY HERE?

Fearing I may be out of my depth once again I decided to look up the meaning of bloviator.......

......and what do you know!!!

bloviator
    1. A public figure, such as a politician or an actor, who makes outlandish, strident statements on issues, thinking that the average man will care about their opinions.

2. Someone who pontificates about issues of which they are uninformed, yet pretend to be expert.

3. Pompous blowhard, using their celebrity to speak about topics on which they are totally unqualified.

I see what you mean............

Having trouble focusing on the issues?

Having trouble focusing on the issues?
    ...... no, It's you that has had trouble focusing on the issues.
    You are still not focusing on the issue yet in a lousy attempt at deflection you accuse me of such. You have framed the issue you are now wanting to focus on by firstly quoting gypsie and then referencing the quote of me to illustrate your new gotcha moment! To be honest I'm rather tired of the game you are playing while continuing your downward trajectory Ian, foolishly one self indulgent step after another on your solitary journey up that garden path you have chosen to walk, yet all the while taking no responsibility for your own choices laid out here for all the see. Your blind spot expanding at such a rate that soon it will consume any smidgen of integrity that may be salvaged from the hole you have dug for yourself.

...... no, It's you that has had trouble focusing on the issues.
    You are still not focusing on the issue yet in a lousy attempt at deflection you accuse me of such. You have framed the issue you are now wanting to focus on by firstly quoting gypsie and then referencing the quote of me to illustrate your new gotcha moment! To be honest I'm rather tired of the game you are playing while continuing your downward trajectory Ian, foolishly one self indulgent step after another on your solitary journey up that garden path you have chosen to walk, yet all the while taking no responsibility for your own choices laid out here for all the see. Your blind spot expanding at such a rate that soon it will consume any smidgen of integrity that may be salvaged from the hole you have dug for yourself.

Ha ha, the great communicator, can't do anything but slag people.

You ever manage to get a point across in a discussion?

I'll go back to the point made originally, which you've done a lot of diversion from:

it’s time to bloody well grow up and stop denying our Australian children their human rights and decency!