Thread: Rigid R2610 Dual Action Sander Anyone?

Anyone had any luck with this 6" sander? Looks impressive, and I like the lifetime guaranty. Any thoughts anyone? TIA

Anyone had any luck with this 6" sander? Looks impressive, and I like the lifetime guaranty. Any thoughts anyone? TIA

I have both the 6" and the 5" models from Ridgid and have found them to be exceptional tools.

The 6" model is built for Ridgid by Metabo and the sander exhibits all the characteristics you would expect from the better German RO sanders. It's powerful, quiet and the dust collection is amazingly efficient.

I've used both the Fein and the Festool 6" RO machines and they are the top of the game. At more than twice the price, though, I have a hard time justifying the expense. I don't use my machine all day every day so what I feel I'm getting in the Ridgid is 90% of the capapbility of the spendier German products with less than half the cost.

I wouldn't hesitate giving a strong endorsement of the product. Certainly, the defining factor would be the lifetime warranty. Who could complain the machine broke when you can get another for free as long as you own it? WOW.

There's a point where having the absolute best gear has to be tempered with a pragmatic assessment of the daily need.

Chris

I have both the 6" and the 5" models from Ridgid and have found them to be exceptional tools.

The 6" model is built for Ridgid by Metabo and the sander exhibits all the characteristics you would expect from the better German RO sanders. It's powerful, quiet and the dust collection is amazingly efficient.

I've used both the Fein and the Festool 6" RO machines and they are the top of the game. At more than twice the price, though, I have a hard time justifying the expense. I don't use my machine all day every day so what I feel I'm getting in the Ridgid is 90% of the capapbility of the spendier German products with less than half the cost.

I wouldn't hesitate giving a strong endorsement of the product. Certainly, the defining factor would be the lifetime warranty. Who could complain the machine broke when you can get another for free as long as you own it? WOW.

There's a point where having the absolute best gear has to be tempered with a pragmatic assessment of the daily need.

Chris

Chris

Thanks Chris. 'Nough said. I'm getting one.

Brian,

The Ridgid tools are nice. You'd better check on the lifetime warranty though......I think that has changed, as of 12/31/2003.

They no longer offer a lifetime warranty.
    Garland

Brian,

The Ridgid tools are nice. You'd better check on the lifetime warranty though......I think that has changed, as of 12/31/2003.

Garland

Brian,

Garland

Does this thing use the same 6" x 6 hole h&l media as the P-C 7336?

Has anyone used both tools?

The 7336 is an effective, well-made, and reasonably priced tool, but i'd welcome less noise and vibration.

Jim

The 7336 is an effective, well-made, and reasonably priced tool, but i'd welcome less noise and vibration.

Jim

Jim

Jim
    Someone should also compare orbit size.
    I replaced my 7336 with a similar Dewalt( ) and found that though the Dewalt has more power(ie. it's harder to bog down),the PC is much faster due to orbit size(about 3/8" vs.about 3/16")
    R

Jim
    I replaced my 7336 with a similar Dewalt( ) and found that though the Dewalt has more power(ie. it's harder to bog down),the PC is much faster due to orbit size(about 3/8" vs.about 3/16")
    R

Jim
    R