Hope Solo suspended for riding in the car with her husband!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bamamick
    • Nov 2003

Hope Solo suspended for riding in the car with her husband!

I thought that was rather unusual, until I read the Wiki bio for Jarramy Stevens. This dude has been arrested for rape (charges dropped), four times for DUI, for marijuana usage while driving a vehicle, public disturbance, and on and on. So yeah, I can see where getting into the car with him driving drunk and then arguing with an officer afterwards would be seen as a lack of good judgement, but it's not something you see every day.

Mickey Lake
    'A disciple of the Norse god of aesthetically pleasing boats, Johan Anker'
  • Ian McColgin
    • Apr 1999

Re: Hope Solo suspended for riding in the car with her husband!

She wasn't charged with anything and mainly ticked off the officers by recording things on her cell phone. "Stand by your man" should not be an offence and besides, with her history, everyone's lucky she didn't start swinging. Shows restraint, comparitivly.

Comment

• Tom Montgomery
      Lurking since 1997
      • Sep 1999

I opened this thread expecting it to be about Hope Solo violating a restraining order by riding in a car with her husband.

The woman has issues.
      "They have a lot of stupid people that vote in their primaries. They really do. I'm not really supposed to say that but it's an obvious fact. But when stupid people vote, you know who they nominate? Other stupid people." -- James Carville on the plethora of low-quality GQP candidates in the mid-term election.

Comment

• Rich Jones
        What boat to build next?
        • Apr 2009

I read that she was also drunk. That in conjunction with recent domestic violence accusations against her involving her family, it's no wonder she was suspended. Cool down, girl!
        I was born on a wooden boat that I built myself.
        Skiing is the next best thing to having wings.

Comment

• S.V. Airlie
          Ancient Mariner
          • Dec 2006

Sorry I don't have a clue. Is she related to the Kardashians or what?

Comment

• Paul Pless
            pinko commie tree hugger
            • Oct 2003

Originally posted by S.V. Airlie
            Is she related to the Kardashians or what?
            No.

Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Comment

• S.V. Airlie
              Ancient Mariner
              • Dec 2006

Thanks for the hint. That helps!

Comment

• Katherine
                Too Young to be a Senior
                • Sep 2004

The song "Stupid Girl" keeps running through my head.
                Pet photography, the degree you get when you fail aromatherapy - Duck D.

Comment

• JimD
                  Senior Mumbler
                  • Feb 2002

I don't think she ever got over her disappointing showing on Dancing With The Stars, poor girl

There is no rational, logical, or physical description of how free will could exist. It therefore makes no sense to praise or condemn anyone on the grounds they are a free willed self that made one choice but could have chosen something else. There is no evidence that such a situation is possible in our Universe. Demonstrate otherwise and I will be thrilled.

Comment

• Flying Orca
                    Ruth, feck, and gorm
                    • Jan 2007

I will never understand this American fascination with the personal lives of those who play games like football, basketball, baseball, and soccer for a living.

I mean, it's not like they do something important, like play hockey.

What are you doing about it?

Comment

• S.V. Airlie
                      Ancient Mariner
                      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Flying Orca
                      I will never understand this American fascination with the personal lives of those who play games like football, basketball, baseball, and soccer for a living.

I mean, it's not like they do something important, like play hockey.
                      I have NO IDEA! Entertainment maybe?

Comment

• JimD
                        Senior Mumbler
                        • Feb 2002

I will never understand this American fascination with the personal lives of those who play games like football, basketball, baseball, and soccer for a living...
                        I think we should pay more attention to their personal lives. Who knows how many Michael Vicks or Ray Rice's there are out there, torturing animals and assaulting their partners. We should know these things before we are so quick to idolize them.
                        There is no rational, logical, or physical description of how free will could exist. It therefore makes no sense to praise or condemn anyone on the grounds they are a free willed self that made one choice but could have chosen something else. There is no evidence that such a situation is possible in our Universe. Demonstrate otherwise and I will be thrilled.

Comment

• Flying Orca
                          Ruth, feck, and gorm
                          • Jan 2007

All kidding about the relative importance of various sports aside, I do think the whole celebrity thing is utterly ridiculous. The only time I want to know about a person's personal life is if they are a friend of mine, or if I'm interested in finding out how their personal life influenced their art - and the latter is limited to a very small number of musicians and writers.

Comment

• Flying Orca
                            Ruth, feck, and gorm
                            • Jan 2007

Originally posted by JimD
                            We should know these things before we are so quick to idolize them.
                            Well, I think idolizing professional athletes is pretty dumb, too.

Comment

• JimD
                              Senior Mumbler
                              • Feb 2002

Well, I think idolizing professional athletes is pretty dumb, too.
                              Me, too. But it happens a lot all over the world and athletes end up on pedestals when they belong in jail cells. But I like sports and watch for the entertainment, very much the way I'll watch Hollywood movies. I appreciate what they do without idolizing. When I was a youth I idolized. Seems we were encouraged to.

Comment

Working...