Thread: I have run across the most remarkable movie... WWI

Default I have run across the most remarkable movie... WWI

in Spanish (subtitles) with some French, English and other unknown to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I4jBg6VcGg
    The doctrine of nonresistance against arbitrary power, and oppression, is absurd, slavish, and destructive of the good and happiness of mankind.
    Personal failures are too important to be trusted to others.

Default Re: I have run across the most remarkable movie... WWI

I believe this (as a series) has been released in multiple languages and has been aired on the History Channel. It's remarkable how well the images have been sharpened and colorized: far superior to most efforts in this regard. The narration is excellent as well. If I recall, a lot of the work was originally done in France. It is outstanding. Try to find a local airing; it pops up from time to time.
    One of the most enduring qualities of an old wooden boat is the smell it imparts to your clothing.

Default Re: I have run across the most remarkable movie... WWI

Quote Originally Posted by Lew Barrett View Post
    I believe this (as a series) has been released in multiple languages and has been aired on the History Channel. It's remarkable how well the images have been sharpened and colorized: far superior to most efforts in this regard. The narration is excellent as well. If I recall, a lot of the work was originally done in France. It is outstanding. Try to find a local airing; it pops up from time to time.
    I began watching as an exercise for my Spanish
    The doctrine of nonresistance against arbitrary power, and oppression, is absurd, slavish, and destructive of the good and happiness of mankind.
    Personal failures are too important to be trusted to others.