Thread: Vestas questions

Default Vestas questions

If I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, eventually they would find me attractive.

Default Re: Vestas questions

I started to read , but it all sounds like poop.

Who gives a dam about safety.

I say scrap the exclusion zones and scrap the gates , then limit communications to once a week position reports to prevent the race from turning into a parade

start !

First boat to finish wins.. Choose any course you like......if you hit ice bergs and die..you cant win, if you tangle with pirates and die...you cant win.

Get some seriously bad ass competitors in the fleet with multi million dollar prize money for eqch leg winner and a pot of gold for the overall champ.

the present race is a politically correct publicity parade for the youtube generation , complete with guys kissing babies on the podium .

Zero fantasy...only gee wizz gopro clips

even the commentary is sterile. No expert exposing strategy, skuldugery, foul language, sea stories from past races.....

Yeah. Who needs boxing gloves? Real men beat each other (and their wives and kids) with bare fists and real men can crack an iceberg in half with a half-nelson.
    Goat Island Skiff and Simmons Sea Skiff construction photos here:

http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w...esMan/?start=0

and here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37973275@N03/

"All kings are not the same."

If I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, eventually they would find me attractive.

I agree that the Volvo is more show than race. These guys pile into a boat - double the crew needed so they all have lots of off-watch time to sleep -- then they sail for a couple of weeks, and then stop to party for a couple more before the next leg. It's a gentlemen's gig. I'll take the Vendee Globe any day. Now that's an offshore race sailed by the toughest out there.
    -Dave

I don't think you need a whole lot of restrictions just because someone misunderstood what the watch keeper meant when he said " lets put a reef in".

Quote Originally Posted by John B View Post
    I don't think you need a whole lot of restrictions just because someone misunderstood what the watch keeper meant when he said " lets put a reef in".
    So that's what happened.
    -Dave

Yes, and then he said " jump to it" ,so they did.

Come to think of it, the heads on those boats are less than minimal. It's really not surprising the crew decided to wash up on shore.
    -Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Woxbox View Post
    Come to think of it, the heads on those boats are less than minimal. It's really not surprising the crew decided to wash up on shore.
    I'll say , and the toilet is minimal too.

But look on the positive side , now we have new nautical term for shortening sail. ' wind's gettin up , time for a vestas.'