Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 23

Thread: Albury 19-9 runabout build progress

I’ve been following the blog in the boat looks great every time I use my belt sander it gets away from me and I get gouges in the cedar planking are you not getting any of those problems I’ve used a six-inch Bosch sander with a soft foam backibg and followed by torture boards to fair the hull

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Re: Albury 19-9 runabout build progress

Quote Originally Posted by Cmschlatt View Post
    Iíve been following the blog in the boat looks great every time I use my belt sander it gets away from me and I get gouges in the cedar planking are you not getting any of those problems Iíve used a six-inch Bosch sander with a soft foam backibg and followed by torture boards to fair the hull

Cmschallt, most of my gouges have been pretty shallow and small. I've been able to sand them out as I've faired the hull. Worst gouges came with my belt sander and 40 grit belts. The sander had to be completely flat on the planking and I learned to start at a 45 degree angle to the grain. Other than that I've been using higher quality sandpaper and changing out every 3 stations or so to keep the grit effective.

Thanks for the advice, boat looks great, keep up the good work

Freshwater washdown, trying to see any color imperfections and hard lines that I wasn’t seeing before.

Blog is updated:
    https://buildingmyalbury19.wordpress.com/

Looking good!

First time visiting your build, nice job! I’m really liking the Albury and had I known I’d be living where we are now when I chose a design I might have built one.
    I’m considering having one built since I really want to get on the water and Ive got a catboat restoration to finish up.
    Fight Entropy, build a wooden boat!

If I were in the market for a boat even remotely close to that type for a purpose even vaguely similar I'd be looking at an Albury. Looking good.
    If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.
    -Henry David Thoreau-

Thanks timo4352, reynard38 and Sailor. Blog is updated: https://buildingmyalbury19.wordpress.com/