Re: Restoring Lively Lady II
The good weather held all weekend thank God but heavy rain was (and did come early this morning) predicted today. To beat that - We sanded the boat really well. As we wrapped up for the night on Saturday I had 2 10'x30' clear plastic sheets that i hung off the side to keep the moisture off. I ran a small heater inside that warmed up the hull. So when we got back on sunday morning we could begin the paint prep. We sanded it ok - there are still some blemishes to be fixed next time - then we rolled on 2 coats of sandable wood primer which helped greatly. luckily the yard warmed up to nearly 63 degrees. The primer was dry within 2 hours. the starboard side of the keel to hull proved not be as bad i thought initially so i grinded, sanded and filled in the large but manageable void too. Easy enough really when luck falls on one's side and motivation along with it. As the primer dried - we began painting the bottom with can of west marines cheap copper bottom paint. I sure i wouldn't have paid for the job i did but it is good enough till spring. We really moved again 3 guys on her again!
Last edited by Ted Hoppe; 12-15-2014 at 01:42 PM.
Self-Awareness Isn't a Magic Bullet, But It Is Step One.
Politcal posts require a ugly boat photo with each comment. Hope i run out of photos before i run out of comments.