Thread: Small marine diesel install

Default Small marine diesel install

http://www.gartsideboats.com/faq/sha...-assembly.html

This is a thread that Iím starting seperate to my build so itís easier to find.

Ive purchased a Nanni Diesel N2:14 which is an upgraded 10 hp unit but very similar size.
    Im fitting it in an Oughtred Grey Seal 22í build here

http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthre...-Iain-Oughtred

anyway Iíve made the initial start on boring the shaft log to take the fíglass sterntube which Iím building according to a page on Paul Gartsides site- link above at top.
    after a bit of searching Iíve found some electrical conduit which has same outer diameter as cutlass bearing which Iíve installed on a dummy shaft between v-blocks.
    several wraps of masking tape are used to get dummy shaft up to internal diameter of conduit.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Andrew Donald; 05-28-2020 at 02:27 AM.

Default Re: Small marine diesel install

Cont.....

in the previous photo you can see closest camera waste conduit, cutlass, and sterntube conduit liner which remains inside sterntube.
    Both pieces of conduit are 5min araldited to cutlass with pin sized dabs of the glue so that when the bearing needs changing it can be easily pulled. The cutlass is coated with Vaseline.
    I prepared some 420gr x 3” biaxial tape and wet it out on a sheet of plastic, wrapped whole assembly one end to the other then put on a piece of peel ply.
    Last edited by Andrew Donald; 05-28-2020 at 02:29 AM.

Default Re: Small marine diesel install

Cont.....

next two pics are whole lot wrapped and peel plied. I wrapped glass tape in a spiral, 2nd pic.
    C3FA1AAF-6E2E-4FF8-B46F-3AF4696F3122.jpg