Thread: Florida's Republican Alternative to Obamacare -- 30 people signed up.

Default Florida's Republican Alternative to Obamacare -- 30 people signed up.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...ices-30-people

But since the launch of the Republican alternative, Florida Health Choices has signed up 30 people, the Tampa Bay Times reported Friday. By comparison, 984,000 Floridians enrolled in private coverage under Obamacare and 764,000 low-income residents were unable to obtain any kind of coverage through the federal law because the GOP- controlled state legislature refused to expand Medicaid.

As the Associated Press reported at the time of the website's launch, it was hoped that those stuck in that Medicaid expansion gap would use Florida Health Choices. The concept actually dates back to 2008, the brainchild of then-Florida House speaker Marco Rubio, now U.S. senator. Rubio had secured $1.8 million in start-up funding at that time, according to Reuters, and the state legislature then authorized $900,000 last year to fully launch the website.
    So that's $2.7 Million in government funding to provide supplemental, non-comprehensive coverage to 30 people.

Should Republicans be running anything?

Default Re: Florida's Republican Alternative to Obamacare -- 30 people signed up.

Rhetorical, right?
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

Default Re: Florida's Republican Alternative to Obamacare -- 30 people signed up.

There was a story about this plan on our local community radio yesterday and apparently to qualify for the program one must have an annual income of less than $11,500. They're given a voucher for $2,000 to apply towards coverage from a private provider and generally pay premiums of $50 per month for policies that carry a $2,000 deductible.

Nice, eh?

There is and never has been a Republican health care plan. They are free marketers for crisakes. It baffles me they would even engage in a health care solution discussion. In that they are clearly unprincipled liars to engage in a solution discussion on such an important matter, it makes them lower than whale sh*t in my book.

Look at this, for example. It's ****ing laughable.
    Study Peace

Whale sh-t? Tht's like CAVIAR in terms of Repubs!

Looks like a good plan to me.

Gene
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'” Isaac Asimov.

And this governor may get re-elected.
    How do we form a mutiny? Our new captain is navigating poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by John Smith View Post
    And this governor may get re-elected.

Not by the poor people.

Gene
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'” Isaac Asimov.

You've got more faith in the poor voter than I do.
    How do we form a mutiny? Our new captain is navigating poorly.