Page 615 of 2025 FirstFirst ... 11551556560561461561662566571511151615 ... LastLast
Results 21,491 to 21,525 of 70859

Thread: Byob !!!!!!

Default Re: Byob !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby of Tulsa View Post
    A professional Lie... I mean story teller don't need no stinkin pictures. Just so ya know the chickens are real.

Left the Girlfeinds condo 6:30 this morning and saw the same breed of chicken casually walking down the sidewalk. Not unexpected in this hipster town but not something I see in town everyday either.

Custom chicken coops were the rage last summer, dont recall seeing one built as well as the one above, could explain the stray clucker.

northern Georgia, or Mississippi Delta USA

They went by both names here. Never saw one with luggage racks on the sides like that.

Those fancy chicken feathers might appeal to fly-tyers. Just looked at a couple on-line fly stores and didn't see anything like those.

Loaded up a big stack of brush on the trailer, that I cut out of a fence corner. Time to work on fire pro, before the grass cures out. Still fairly green up here, but it's burning at lower elevations and we're getting dry lightning storms.

I probably deserve a beer for my efforts. Ya reckon?

I reckon a beer at the very least, Chip.

In honor of Glen's B-day I had a hitch installed on the Tll. I say 'honor' because this way he won't have to put up with my incessant whining about not being able to go fishing. I know, I know, I haven't been bitching (much, yet) but once it starts, and start it will, you guys would prolly have to blanket party me to shut me up.

You're welcome.

The guy had a very cool scissor lift. Maybe we should look into one to use on unruly barmaids. When trouble starts, just jack her rear end up and run her around the bar like a wheelbarrow.

Life is short, play with your cougar.

Hey Curtis, Is it beer oclock yet? I was just talkin to Lefty, it is raining bucketfuls right now at his house.
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

It's getting there, Bobby. I found a new source for beer today, six blocks from the house. Kind of a yuppie place, I had to change shirts when I got home because I couldn't shake the smell of gluten free granola and patchouli. They carried a good variety, like the brand that makes Breakfast stout but, no Breakfast stout and no Hairy Eyeball. I did get some other goodies though. One was a Little Sumptin Extra, 8.5 ABV.

So ya don't like smellin like an old hippy?
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

Quote Originally Posted by PeterSibley View Post
    You'll like then, the bloke's name is Geoffrey Gurrumul Yunipingu .... he has a magical voice .
    Very nice, thanks. I'll have to look for more of his music, now that I have a name (spelled out).

So ya don't like smellin like an old hippy?
    That's what I thought too, lol. Mix a little burnt weed smell with that and I'd have started having flashbacks.

I was going to haul the trailer up on the mountain and spread the cut brush in the erosion gulleys. But then I realized that she's got the CRV with the hitch- gone 'til Sunday.

So I thought, maybe I'll take the skiff and motor around on Lake Hattie. . . but that takes a hitch, too.

Too damn hot to do any real work outside.

So maybe I'll have another beer.

Chip, Did you ever get a beer? What's up with the magic stuff or should I not ask?

I been sitting here drinkin cheap beer watching Curtis drink good stuff in front of me. That guy is just cruel.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip-skiff View Post
    I was going to haul the trailer up on the mountain and spread the cut brush in the erosion gulleys. But then I realized that she's got the CRV with the hitch- gone 'til Sunday.

So I thought, maybe I'll take the skiff and motor around on Lake Hattie. . . but that takes a hitch, too.

Too damn hot to do any real work outside.

So maybe I'll have another beer.
    A paddle board and small cooler,

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Syed View Post
    Good morning to all and happy birthday to the bd boy.
    Pub is in the festive mode, what is for me?
    G'day Syed.

Coffee? Cinnamon roll? Cheers.
    We don't know how lucky we are....

Chip, Did you ever get a beer? What's up with the magic stuff or should I not ask?
    Two beers, and a nap.

Is there some other magic stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Chip-skiff View Post
    Two beers, and a nap.

Is there some other magic stuff?
    I was hinting about the bunny girl.

Ok, I got the second pot of coffee going, and just so ya know I have not had my vitamin B yet. Ya readin this Curtis?

Wow, would you care to repeat that? I'm only half way through my first cuppa and having trouble believing my eyes, over.

No vitamin B, Life as I knew it is.... well it just is.

Roger that, pal. Good job.

Since that's the case, from now on I'll re-decant any "good stuff" into empty 'house brand' canisters. Hows that?

I been sitting here drinkin cheap beer watching Curtis drink good stuff in front of me. That guy is just cruel.

Quote Originally Posted by Curtism View Post
    Roger that, pal. Good job.

Since that's the case, from now on I'll re-decant any "good stuff" into empty 'house brand' canisters. Hows that?
    No need for that, I need something to talk about and that just kinda fuels the fire a bit.

No need for that, I need something to talk about and that just kinda fuels the fire a bit.
    Ok, good. That saves me from having to figure out how to get a 32oz Brown Sugga Substitute into a 12oz Busch can.

And if it's fuel for the fire you need, I gots plenty o' that. Dont'cha know?

Ok, good. That saves me from having to figure out how to get a 32oz Brown Sugga Substitute into a 12oz Busch can.

And if it's fuel for the fire you need, I gots plenty o' that. Dont'cha know?
    We always got it goin on my friend and there is always Lefty to talk about.

We always got it goin on my friend and there is always Lefty to talk about.
    Unless he starts a big project or something, we'll prolly run out of things to talk about on that particular topic. The country life is, as you know, sort of slow and uneventful.

Speakin' of going on, you dropped a line last night that had me rolling. Something about drinking and religion, maybe. It was a true Bobby o T classic. I meant to jot it down but didn't. Do you recall what it was?

I will have to think about that for a while, when I fist wake up it is like someone erased my blackboard. It will come back to me later in the day.

How did G-man rate a sticky on a thread about a drunk piany, anyway? Is Scot a Tom Waites fan? Enquiring behinds want to know . . .

Quote Originally Posted by seanz View Post
    G'day Syed.

Coffee? Cinnamon roll? Cheers.
    Thank you and good evening, Sean.

I will have to think about that for a while, when I fist wake up it is like someone erased my blackboard. It will come back to me later in the day.
    Ok, let me know if it does. I remember threatening to make it my sig. line or something. It was quite profound, along the lines of "para todo mal . . .".

Hello Syed.

Good morning Curtis, Bobby, and all.

G'morning Syed,

Hope all is well in your neck of the woods, and in your life! Here's a coffee for ya. I finished off all of Tulsy's, but made another pot. Poured over a very fine grind, so it's kinda intense... but good, I think. Oh, and my sweetie baked last night. Have a cinnamon roll!

David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

How did G-man rate a sticky on a thread about a drunk piany, anyway? Is Scot a Tom Waites fan? Enquiring behinds want to know . . .
    Damfino.

A recognition from on high of my fine taste in music? Alcohol? Pianos?

No... it was probably Scot having recently gone thru a peyote-fueled Spirit Journey and realizing that he has misread me all along, and should NEVER have banned me... but instead should have silently applauded my wit, wisdom, and suchlike. Too overwhelmed still by the many revelations that came to him during his journey to give a clear indication of his new understanding of my many contributions here... this 'sticky' must be his cute, shy, inarticulate way of reaching out. An apology of sorts. Yeah... that's it. Only thing it could be, eh?

This explanation, it should be noted, was not mine. It never would have occurred to me. But then I got the PM from Pless suggesting this slant on it... and realized that, as usual, he's nailed it. <G>
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

I'm just here to grab a coffee, and deliver the cinnamon rolls. Headed out shortly for the annual Toledo Wooden Boat Show. Several potential clients want to talk over their projects while we're there. One bailed, but several remain. Was supposed to hook up with Welsford, too, but he had to zip back to New Zealand for a family health issue. I'll see him at Port Townsend, instead. Friends Mark & Randy have promised to feed me bbq tonight, and there always tons of Coots to catch up with, and many beautiful and interesting boats to admire. From boats I watched being built to brand new, never seen 'em before boats. Looking forward to it. Y'all have a great day! See if you can keep Seanz out of trouble. And Glen. And Tulsy. And Lefty. And especially Kevin & Curtis. Those two...
    Last edited by David G; 08-15-2015 at 07:47 AM.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Quote Originally Posted by David G View Post
    G'morning Syed,

Hope all is well in your neck of the woods, and in your life! Here's a coffee for ya. I finished off all of Tulsy's, but made another pot. Poured over a very fine grind, so it's kinda intense... but good, I think. Oh, and my sweetie baked last night. Have a cinnamon roll!

Rolls look great, thank you David G.
    Things are normal around here even the weather is at its worst and that is our normal August weather, highly humid.

It's humid here too, but cold. No, wait, it's raining...

Got to call a man to fix a leak in the garage roof. Needs doing, leaks rarely fix themselves...
    We don't know how lucky we are....

Dang, my beer pressure is getting low. I prolly need a beer pressure pill or sumthin. Hope I don't have a beer attack or anything.