Page 562 of 1829 FirstFirst ... 6246251255256156256357261266210621562 ... LastLast
Results 19,636 to 19,670 of 64011

Thread: Byob !!!!!!

Default Re: Byob !!!!!!

Morning Curtis, The neighbors put on a show that would rival most of the professional ones, They were still shooting off things that sounded like artillery when we came in at ten o'clock. A couple of people at my house , prolly did a little to much wine and one of them is still in the spare bedroom asleep.
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

So you're being serenaded by stereo snoring this morning?

Around dark the storms subsided and the fireworks started back up. At which point Red curled up in his chair here and slept through most of it, surprisingly. Maybe he figures if he could survive Lefty's cannon fire last week, anything else is just amateur hour. He still flinched a little when someone sets off an ash-can, but then went right back to sleep. Good boyyy.

Life is short, play with your cougar.

Kirby didn't care much for all the noise either, he stayed in the house and listened to the radio,
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

Red's usually a basket case on pop 'olidays but last night he was non-plussed for the most part. Could it be that Aldo put a bug in his ear about male bi-peds who like to blow stuff up?

Ok, I am back, dog walk, chicken feeding and enjoying a cool breezy morning.

Anybody hungry?
    Bloody Marys, hot tamales, and guacamole for lunch.
    As always, all the Tequila and cold beer you care for.

Cool Re: Byob !!!!!!

I'm starved.
    I sure miss Lefty's Brunch menu.
    Today I'm headed over to the folks house for some Nathan's Hot Dogs.

Gonna have my own little contest eh?
    Keep calm, persistence beats resistance.

Last night, the noisy part-time neighbors detonated various explosives so we watched a war movie with lots of ka-booms.

This morning I transplanted the summer squash and put row covers on those and the spuds.

The other covered bed is the bean patch. We have such extremes of sun, sind, and nighttime chill that things grow better under cover. But I miss being able to watch them.

The potato bed. I used to plant first and then lay the soaker hose, which was dumb. Hose first, plant second. That way, I don't waste water on areas where there are no plants.

Just thought of this song for the first time in years.

Funny how dusty old memories re-surface and it doesn't seem to matter how long ago it was from, poof, there it is. Sometimes that's a blessing and other times not so much.

Afternoon fellers.

Chip, your efforts are impressive as usual. Thanks for sharing. I like all the fortification around your plot, I imagine that goes a long way toward keeping Mette's little friends and such away from the greenery. It strikes me as the result of lots of trial and error and years of learning your environs.

Hey guys, hows it going? I guess Skype is giving Curtis and me a time out or something. Took a couple of beers out of the ice chest to get them drinkable.

Quote Originally Posted by Curtism View Post
    I like all the fortification around your plot, I imagine that goes a long way toward keeping Mette's little friends and such away from the greenery. It strikes me as the result of lots of trial and error and years of learning your environs.
    There's a peak in the rabbit population right now. I added some wire mesh and a hard sill to the garden gate, which is keeping them out so far. But some critter, maybe a ground squirrel, has been digging under the metal roofing. I flanked the burrow with two different electronic gopher-and-mole repelling devices and also fill in the holes and stomp them. Some critter gnawed off the leaves on the radishes, so I set mouse traps and have been catching a few. The days have been hot and the peas aren't doing well. At least we haven't had any shotgun hailstorms. There's always some bloody thing. . .

Speaking of Metty, I still haven't heard a thing. I got in touch with her family (the same bunch of Ur-Elves who chased me around shooting magic arrows) and she hasn't been in touch with them, either. One of her brothers wants to charge over there and storm the place, which would be a bad idea. The wiser heads will pursue the issue through their elf relations in southern Europe.

Meanwhile, here's my idea of fireworks—

Chip I am so jealous. This is the first time in a bunch of years that I have not had a crop of tomatoes. My neighbor put all his tomato cages up and mowed what was left of his garden. A month of clouds and rain did us in.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby of Tulsa View Post
    Chip I am so jealous. This is the first time in a bunch of years that I have not had a crop of tomatoes. My neighbor put all his tomato cages up and mowed what was left of his garden. A month of clouds and rain did us in.
    Sorry to hear it, amigo. People try to grow tomatoes outdoors in Laramie, but in this area it's a mug's game. You were talking about a hoop-house or some fiddle at one point. Or is that my imagination?

I'll probably have a disaster with the bush beans, but at the very least they'll improve the soil in the spud patch. I planted lots, so if even half of them make it to bearing, I'll be able to vacuum-pack and freeze enough beans for a couple years. Peas are usually a great crop here, but this year they're spindly and sick-looking— probably the heat.

The pole beans in the self-watering bucket in the greenhouse sprouted today. If they grow like the cukes, we'll definitely have some nice beans.

One of my frequent adversaries just announced he/she was putting me on ignore. First time for that. It made me feel happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip-skiff View Post
    Sorry to hear it, amigo. People try to grow tomatoes outdoors in Laramie, but in this area it's a mug's game. You were talking about a hoop-house or some fiddle at one point. Or is that my imagination?

I'll probably have a disaster with the bush beans, but at the very least they'll improve the soil in the spud patch. I planted lots, so if even half of them make it to bearing, I'll be able to vacuum-pack and freeze enough beans for a couple years. Peas are usually a great crop here, but this year they're spindly and sick-looking— probably the heat.

The pole beans in the self-watering bucket in the greenhouse sprouted today. If they grow like the cukes, we'll definitely have some nice beans.

One of my frequent adversaries just announced he/she was putting me on ignore. First time for that. It made me feel happy.
    I hope your beans do good, I may try to plant a fall crop if I am able. Heck I think a bunch of folks have me on ignore, no probs, I am use to talking to myself, keeps the cob webs outta me head.

We don't know how lucky we are....

Thumbs up Re: Byob !!!!!!

Awesome live video Sean.
    How do Neil and Angus Young, play so well bangin their heads like that?
    Must be some sort of primal thing.

Ok, I am here, Better Nate than lever.

getting kinda warm here.

Ha ha ha.

This is for Glen.

This is for Curtis.

For Bob.

^All the girls in my family say I only like that beer because or it's name. They will never get me to admit that.

Did you tell the girls you actually like that beer because of the video?

This is for Curtis.
    How kind of you.

Where'd you get that cartoon about the bloody marys? That's funny stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Curtism View Post
    Did you tell the girls you actually like that beer because of the video?

How kind of you.

Where'd you get that cartoon about the bloody marys? That's funny stuff.
    Hey Curtis, they have not seen the video. I was looking for images of pitchers of Bloody Marys and it was there. I thought it was kinda cool.

This is for Glen.
    Just in time...I needed that!
    Just got back home from doing stupid step-father duty with step-son.
    Thanks, Bobby!

Hi Glen, Glad ya didn't have to pull all your hair out.

Hi Glen, Glad ya didn't have to pull all your hair out.
    Not yet, but it's coming up soon.
    Take him to Fort Worth this week for pre-op exam and next Tuesday for surgery.
    He will be in hospital a week to 10 days.
    I reckon I'm lucky to be me and not him, despite my bitc%ing!

You are a good man Glen, not just everyone would do what you are doing.

I may be running low on beer, where the heck is Curtis???

It's almost happy hour, Bobby!
    Let's have us a pre happy hour shot of Mezcal and a lime!
    Maybe Curtis will show up with the cold beer by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Longino View Post
    It's almost happy hour, Bobby!
    Let's have us a pre happy hour shot of Mezcal and a lime!
    Maybe CVurtis will show up with the cold beer by then.
    Glen you are a life saver my friend, You pour I will drink,ok?