Page 2025 of 2067 FirstFirst ... 102515251925197520152024202520262035 ... LastLast
Results 70,841 to 70,875 of 72312

Thread: Byob !!!!!!

Default Re: Byob !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby of Tulsa View Post
    Thank you Glen.
    Yes. Just for that... my next email to you will include RumBalls... <G>
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Gman, did Fred get tired of you borrowing his rum, is that why he quit coming in or was it me begging him for chestnuts? I miss that rascal and seeing his new knives.
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

Gman, did Fred get tired of you borrowing his rum, is that why he quit coming in or was it me begging him for chestnuts? I miss that rascal and seeing his new knives.
    He was feeling put-upon and unappreciated, seemed like. And I may have been partially responsible... being my yappy, teasing, self. I apologized and told him categorically that my intentions were humorous, not attacking. He has been back a bit. I surely hope he gets back into the habit. I miss his contributions.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Fred is complex, even quirky.
    The good thing is that he knows it and is smart enough to deal with it.
    Fred is a unique treasure.
    Here you go David...I stole you a small glass of his good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Longino View Post
    Fred is complex, even quirky.
    The good thing is that he knows it and is smart enough to deal with it.
    Fred is a unique treasure.
    Here you go David...I stole you a small glass of his good stuff.
    Much appreciated.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Coffee time...tea time...
    Tamale time...
    Have a great day!

Good morning Glen, been waiting for someone to wake up. Just sitting here waiting for the rain to start. I got coffee and beer and a big pot of chili so I will survive. I hope.
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

Curtis I just got one thing to say, folks that like lights need to learn to tend to them, The only lights I have are in my shop, house and chicken pen. They all work by flipping a switch. Sandy has a lot of yard lights, they work when they work and when the don't they will when the sun comes back around.
    I hear ya, all the lights outside the north compound are on their own. But back here, just outside my shop door is where we spend most evenings watching the sky turn colors and winding down for the day. It's fun watching them blink on one by one as the sky darkens and it looks great all lit up. I'm all for as many little moments of enjoyment as I can conjure up, and if it means a couple minutes a day plucking them from the ground, setting them in a bucket and placing them in the sun, the effort is worth it.

On top of that, when I come out for morning coffee some of them are still glowing. Like now, even though it is 43° and I only get short glimpses. Hell, it may turn out that all that bending down is good for my lower back issues.

Morning, all.

Life is short, play with your cougar.

I am much lazier than you Curt and bending over puts my back outta whack so I try not to do a lot of it any more. Good morning to you sir

Good morning to you. I heard weather alerts for Ok and other states on the radio this morning. Here we go . . .

No mosquitoes around this morning. Ha!

Sandy told me they had tornados in north Florida yesterday, wonder if Lefty got any of that. She said they didn't name cities or show a map.

He may have, we got alerts as the front edge of that cold front crossed the entire state. Just a lot of wind here.

I will ask him this morning while he tells me he is freezing to death. I guess he has forgot the real cold where he used to live.

Morning All,

Took a while to get down here. Sunny day here, so I got some chores done before breakfast.

Hope everyone has a good'n!!

David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Hey David, I think the rain that was supposed to be here missed my part of town, we may get it later today or maybe tomorrow. As long as it doesn't freeze I don't care when it comes. Just had a bowl of chili and now it is beer time.

Your talking about chili is inspiring. It's definitely that time of year. Only question is - do I make a pot... or do I just open a can? Been thinking a bit about a big pot of beef stew also.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

I kinda wish I had opened a can, probably half or more of this will go in the freezer. I can't seem to make chili or soup or stew for two people. I need about six hungry people to feed.

I kinda wish I had opened a can, probably half or more of this will go in the freezer. I can't seem to make chili or soup or stew for two people. I need about six hungry people to feed.
    That's definitely part of my dilemma. Used to could bundle a big wad of it to the kids. Can't now. But having some in the freezer is not a BAD thing...
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

No when colder weather comes it is kind of nice to have somethings ready made just heat and eat. Makes things a little easier, not as much clean up.

Happy Hour is upon us...I'm pouring...

Good evening Glen, been a long wet day the rains got here just before noon and I think they are winding down now. A strong drink would be fine.

Glad you're up and around my friend!

Not a bad day, how was yours?

It was a good one...spent three hours raking leaves Oxygen tank on my back...

That oxygen sure does make a difference. To bad the can't infuse tequila into it, of course you would never get anything done if they did.

Cool Re: Byob !!!!!!

We got a foot of snow.
    I been shoveling off and on for most of the day.
    Made a beer run and now have a crusty layer of salt on my truck.
    Of course after all that I gotta pee.

Dang....I'm thirsty.
    Keep calm, persistence beats resistance.

Thumbs up Re: Byob !!!!!!

I get the long needle in the knees on Friday.
    If I can just get through tomorrow..... I might live.

Geez Kevin, just the thought of that make me wanna pee and maybe even say a bad word or two.

Maybe we should have a beer or three and not think about that.

Cool Re: Byob !!!!!!

Thanks Bob, I knew you'd know what to do.

Last edited by Domesticated_Mr. Know It All; 12-02-2020 at 07:11 PM.

That glass drinks beer faster than I do.

That glass drinks beer faster than I do.
    Fake News!!

Got home after a bit in the chilly East wind... and that idea of a can of chili seemed perfect. And so it was.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

I think Trump and Stitt better rethink this winning thing, they are killing off all the republicans in Okieland. I hope this mezcal works to sanitize my system. I think I will pass on the bleach thank you.
    https://www.newson6.com/story/5fc82e...-cases-deaths-

Coffee is on if anyone wants some.