Page 2024 of 2079 FirstFirst ... 1024152419241974201420232024202520342074 ... LastLast
Results 70,806 to 70,840 of 72749

Thread: Byob !!!!!!

Default Re: Byob !!!!!!

Prolly trying to make some progress on this logistical nightmare of a kitchen. It's challenging rebuilding while we're still living here. There's a 9' counter by the window, where the sink is, that's causing a mental block for me. Her solution is to eat take-out while I'm replacing that bank of cab's, lol.

Life is short, play with your cougar.

Sounds like loads of fun. Think beer deliveries, who needs food? Oh and Mezcal gotta have your protein.
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

Mornin gents...glad you're back Bob!

Cool Re: Byob !!!!!!

I got snow.
    Who wants some?
    Keepin the beer cold will be easy today.
    Keep calm, persistence beats resistance.

Good to be here Glen, Kevin we have a chance of some flurries tomorrow. I hope it does not turn into an ice thing, temps right around freezing they say.
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

Morning All,

Tulsy - glad to see you upright and mobile. Thought I was gonna have to check in with your crew to see if you'd been kidnapped by pirates... or shanghaied by gypsies... or run off to fulfill your childhood dream of being a tiger-tamer in the circus...

Curtis - you two crack me up. Not that I've ever had the toilet adventures you two have... but I can picture it. Yeah... that's the ticket, I can picture it <G>

Kevin - I'd love to have a day or 4 of snow here. It never lasts very long, but it's sure pretty and fun when it shows up. If you can convince some of it to head our way, I'd be grateful!!

Hope everyone has a sweet day!

David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Good to be here Bobby.
    I'll be spending most of this month sipping Tequila over there in the corner and putting quarters in the jukebox.

Somebody needs to tidy up... I just invited TomF over for a visit.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Good morning David, The Curt and Bob show can get kinda interesting at times. We only deal in subjects that are highly entertaining and require little thought.

I guess it is to chilly for Glen to mess around out side this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby of Tulsa View Post
    I guess it is to chilly for Glen to mess around out side this morning.
    How about you. You been messing with lures lately?
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Painted one today after many do overs and airbrush malfunctions.

This is my airbrush

I have much better control with it than the ones with the button on top.

I've used touchup guns with the top button. Also not a fan.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Well my old hands just don't work like they are supposed to anymore not a lot of feeling in the ends of my fingers so that is part of the problem and I guess I am just so used to using a paint gun with the trigger and hand grip.

Earlier this morning I was cleaning my airbrush something was stopped up and I dropped that part number three on this picture, it is just a fraction bigger than that diagram. I thought I would never find that sucker.

You just HAD to drop the teeniest part in the bunch, now dincha???

I did something like that recently and it bounced, somehow, both behind the leg of the router table AND into a tiny little hole in the foot of that leg. A crevice you could barely have wedged it into if you'd have two men and hammer... and yet it found it on its own.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

I was in the house tile floor and counter top. you would think seeing something in a place like that would be easy. About an hour later I found it, had managed to bounce into a bowl of soapy water I had setting there. I had felt all around in that and no joy, I hollerd for Sandy to come help me and she grabbed her flashlight after feeling around in the bowl and the search was on. Finally she got one of her strainers out poured the water through it to another bowl and there in that strainer was that little sucker. If I had dropped that in my shop it would never have been found.

The Neuropathy is creepin into my fingers.
    I'll be holdin something and without any help from my brain, my fingers decide to let go.
    My hands ain't as steady as they were, not to mention my eyes.
    I'm a clean up in aisle 3 waiting to happen.

I hear you Kevin, it sure is nerve racking to say the least.

I used a pizza tray with a hand towel in it for model parts and still, ornery items found the floor now and then.

I say its happy hour, she said its happy hour, so it must be.

I am ready to be happy, let's get started. I am out of Mezcal but I have a big box of Pinot Grigio Colombard wine. It sez there are 34 glasses in it so that should work out well, sounds like enough to go a round or three. I also have plenty of beer on hand.

I've got a couple inches in the bottom of a Jose bottle. Shh, I had to stash it. Turns out a certain large cat is fond of it.

I've been out tending lights. Turns out she has a light fetish, too.

I think Sandy put a string of lights around the front porch and that will be about all we do this year.

I still got power.
    First snow of the year and it's a doozy.
    Wreaking all kinds of havoc.
    I am blessed to be inside with no need to go outside.

Smile Re: Byob !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby of Tulsa View Post
    I think Sandy put a string of lights around the front porch and that will be about all we do this year.
    If everyone on the street did that, the overall effect would be awesome.
    The world needs more Sandy's.

These aren't Xmas lights but year round lights. They're solar powered and I took a head count the other day. The front and side yards on this corner lot has 15 lights plus 4 or so little twinkling yard whimsies. They are all self tending. The back yard has 19 lights and since that's on the north side of the house, much of that is shaded this time of year. So, about 15 lights and solar candles have to be moved to a sunny spot in the morning and replaced as the sun sets.

Last week I brought home a couple of flood lights that are for uplighting plants. I shined one on a potted palm in the gazebo and the other on a fabric wall mural hanging on the back wall. They both have to be moved and re-moved each day.

She liked them so much, today she brought home 10 more of them. Bless her heart.

When the boys were little, I'd put a light like this on the roof.

Curtis I just got one thing to say, folks that like lights need to learn to tend to them, The only lights I have are in my shop, house and chicken pen. They all work by flipping a switch. Sandy has a lot of yard lights, they work when they work and when the don't they will when the sun comes back around.
    Last edited by Bobby of Tulsa; 12-01-2020 at 06:56 PM.

I got a case of 6 big bottles of Evan Williams on the way home from the garden this afternoon...I'm pouring...

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Longino View Post
    I got a case of 6 big bottles of Evan Williams on the way home from the garden this afternoon...I'm pouring...
    I'll take just a nibble of that. Well... I meant a bigger nibble than that. <G>
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

A double shot for me, I aint to proud to beg.

Double shots of Evan Williams for Mister G and Bobby.

Thank you Glen.