Page 2000 of 2017 FirstFirst ... 100015001900195019901999200020012010 ... LastLast
Results 69,966 to 70,000 of 70594

Thread: Byob !!!!!!

Default Re: Byob !!!!!!

A shot of Jose for Curtis...double shot...

He probably needs that Glen.
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

Hot buttered rum sounds mighty fine to me. My family always made Tom & Jerry's at the holidays. Mighty tasty.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Coffee is brewed!
    Two breakast choices:
    Coffee and oatmeal...Shiner Bock and tamales!
    Have a great day!

Last edited by Glen Longino; 10-29-2020 at 06:58 AM.

I think I will have the Shiner and Tamales, Save the oatmeal for DavidG. Good morning Glen.
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

Good morning Bobby!
    Good choice!
    Hope you had a good night...cold and windy here...not a garden day.

Hey Bobby. How are y’all over in NE Oklahoma? Ice hit us hard here. Trees down all over the area. I lost a bunch of limbs out of several..... lots of cleanup ahead of me.... if it ever stops raining. At least it’s not ice now.

Morning Glen. Have a good day.

Good day to you, Garland!

Garland, Trees and power lines did get some Ice on them but no damage around my part of town, I think it got as close as Sand Springs and Sapulpa. I was hoping you still had heat if the electric was off.

The night wasn't too bad Glen. Will you be able to get out to day or are you still a shut in? I think the rain here will move out this afternoon.

Too cold and windy!
    Tomorrow looks better...I'll be housebound but I don't let that bother me.
    Made a pot of chili yesrerday and will eat as much of it as I can today!

The Chili sounds good and this is good weather for it.

Hey Bobby. We were only without power for 12 hours. Many others were not so fortunate. We have a gas fireplace, so it never got uncomfortably cold.

Garland, that is the good part of having gas heat.

Brunch time here...nachos and Shiner...

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby of Tulsa View Post
    I think I will have the Shiner and Tamales, Save the oatmeal for DavidG. Good morning Glen.
    Oh no you don't, you nefarious n'er-do-well. Bogarting all the tamales again? Ain't gonna happen. I'll have 3. And coffee please.

I discovered recently that neither of my two local Mexican restaurants has tamales on the menu any more. Too labor intensive they say... and they refuse to buy frozen pre-made critters from some food service. Gonna have to cast my net wider. There's a family that sells muy excellente tamales out of a cooler in front of the nearest natural foods store. But you never know when they'll be there, and they're mostly not. So I'm on the prowl...

Hope everyone has a lovely day.

David G
    Harbor Woodworks

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Braum's used to carry some frozen tamales that were pretty dang good for store bought. I don't know where they got them but it was not some national brand. Way south of where you live tamale making was a group activity and they did big batches of them. Morning David, I was just sure you would rather have the healthy food.

Gman you do know you can make your own tamales right? Some corn husk, masa, meat and seasoning. I have used banana leaves in place of corn husk even seen parchment paper used.

Gman you do know you can make your own tamales right? Some corn husk, masa, meat and seasoning. I have used banana leaves in place of corn husk even seen parchment paper used.
    Not inclined to take the time. I just wanna eat 'em!!! If I were a Kept Man like you, with a beautiful rich redhead to take care of me, and had tons of time on my hands... I might learn. Until then, I gotta find a source. <G>
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

I don't care how much time I got, I will go with you to buy some. There is a couple of Mexican ladies that work with Crystal that make them to sell. They must use gold dust or something in them for the price they ask and being the only tamale eater in the house it is not worth their price or the effort for me to get affordable corn husk around here.

I don't care how much time I got, I will go with you to buy some. There is a couple of Mexican ladies that work with Crystal that make them to sell. They must use gold dust or something in them for the price they ask and being the only tamale eater in the house it is not worth their price or the effort for me to get affordable corn husk around here.
    There's a local joint called Tamale Boy. Started as a food truck, now has two restaurants and some food carts. But none real close. They might end up my best option, though. One style is $6 each, and the other is $5 each. Not cheap, but not terrible. The folks in front of the grocery store, iirc, are $4 each.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

The last tamales I bought were $16 a dozen, but they were larger than normal...a dozen weighed two pounds and they were good as I can make.

Since Sandy watches me like a hawk and monitors my sodium intake the quality of food for me has went way down, hell she even stole my salt shaker. No salt on the Tequila jar or salty dogs if she is looking. Oh and check the sodium on one of those tamales.

Glen I would say that is a good price, the meat alone cost them almost that much or at least it would now.

I dreamed about making tamales to sell when I bought my last tamale pot....then I woke up...

You need a cart for them and set up outside one of those Cantinas, closing time and everybody needs food. Don't ask me how I know that.

Yum, been years since I had a real tamale. I brought back a bag of real, honest to goodness, stone ground corn meal from the smokies. I'm thinking . . . .

Life is short, play with your cougar.

Hey Curt, go for it.

Just think how many you could sell at that Trump rally.

My trump loving neighbor is out walking his dog, he has a big yard but his dog needs to sh!t by my mail box. I try really hard not to start a neighborhood war.

Hey Fred, the sun peeked out this afternoon I hope tomorrow is a chestnut day.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Z View Post
    My kids were talking about tamales on the family chat this afternoon. They love 'em, but regular tamales do nothing for me. Now, Cuban tamales on the other hand.... Attachment 71795
    Wassat?
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks