Page 1998 of 2018 FirstFirst ... 99814981898194819881997199819992008 ... LastLast
Results 69,896 to 69,930 of 70628

Thread: Byob !!!!!!

Default Re: Byob !!!!!!

"para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

What a hoot, I am still laughing.
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

Quote Originally Posted by skuthorp View Post
    G'day Curtism. Our new Kia requires you to initiate the navigation system by scanning a code thingy. I have not because I don't use them. The vehicle seems to be getting quite upset about me not activating it, and not nominating drivers, or it's 'home' address, or voice recognition. Sends me messages, probably because the sound is also off. Just superfluous junk.
    I do not like cars, or phones, or computers that talk to you.

I once had a very insistent 'help' tech turn up asking me to do something. He did not like being told to go away, got very defensive. In the end I asked him if he understood what FO meant.
    Hi Jeff.

We visited a friend for a few days a couple weeks ago, she had a 2 year old top of the line ford she's trying to sell so she can move back to the UK. It was a sweet car and we considered buying it. On the test drive we had a lot of questions, like, what does this or that do. Most of the stuff she'd never tried using. When we got back to the house she gave me the manual, dear lord! The thing was thick as a dictionary. The gizmodics were dazzling but scared us off, so we opted to hang onto the 7 year old convertible.

I get phone calls from a guy claiming to be with microsoft services about every six months. He wants me to open my bios so he can fix a critical problem and he gets similar treatment from me. I used to start out being polite but now that I recognize his accent, I launch right into, 'heya slimey ****stick.' He just hangs up nowdays.

Life is short, play with your cougar.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby of Tulsa View Post
    What a hoot, I am still laughing.
    I saw what you did out there. Thanks for not naming names.

I don't name people, cya or something like that. I may have been born in the night but it wasn't last night.

Looks like it may be a little slickery out Garlands way this morning. I hope he is warm and dry.

Our community radio was talking about roads and powerlines freezing in Oklahoma this morning. Lots of people lost power. Wow!

She took a shower and is washing bedroom runner rugs now. To be fair, and kidding aside, it makes sense to do the things she's able to, leaving more time for the cleaning lady to do the stuff she can't.

I have no problem with that, If that is what anyone wants to do it is fine by me. I just don't see the need in the help for a healthy retired couple but thats just me.

Good morning friends...slow rain here all night...

Morning Glen, I am trying to keep the freezing stuff north of you, I hope it is working.

Garland may be sitting in the dark this morning, I read his town is with out power.

No freeze here Bobby, but close!
    Glad I got my winter seeds in the ground last week. Stay warm!

A song for Curtis and Shawn...

Last edited by Glen Longino; 10-27-2020 at 08:41 AM.

Glen It make me happy that you have the health and a place to have a good garden. I always got so much pleasure out of my gardening time. I really miss doing that.

Gardening gets in your blood I guess, Fred sent me those chestnuts and the first thing in my mind was I need to get some pots and start these. I save seeds from everything we get that has seeds in them. I have dozens of aloes and jade plant. A half dozen lemon trees, an avocado or two and a few orange trees. The lemon and oranges are from Lefty and some of the jades are from Curtis. Seeds just need to be planted.

Well half the day gone, not much accomplished. Just watching the rain and hoping it don't drop below freezing, what a mess that would be. I could be wrong but it seems like beer o'clock to me.

Morning All,

Tulsy - you are the very soul of discretion.

Curtisima - your life will become easier when you learn to heed the voice of experience <G>

Kevin - "Car 54, where are you?"

David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

David a good morning to you. I wish you were here to try my beans, one of Kevin's brownies would go well with them I think. The beans are extra powerful this time.

So where are all the drinkin folks?

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Z View Post
    Good afternoon, Bobby. I'm ready for a cold one. Five, count 'em, five Zoom meetings today. I got no zoom left in me.
    Zis mean you selling any and all Mazda's in your fleet? <G>

I'm about out of zoom also, had to stop and eat something. But I've still got a bit of deck layout to finish before it goes dark out there.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Can I get anybody a cold beer or a shot?

Tecate and a shot of Mezcal for Mister Z...
    I'll have the same...

Might as well go ahead and open another Tecate and pour Mezcal for Bobby.

Mezcal drinking music...

I knew you would refuse that Mezcal and I'd have to drink it...
    How about a salty dog, Fred...my favorite gin drink.

Beer and Mezcal, sounds good to me, or the salty dog will work.

Glad you showed up, Bobby...hope you are doing well my friend.

It has been a good day Glen. Is it still raining in your part of the world? We have had over five inches in the last couple of days and is supposed to move out tomorrow night.

Still raining here...more coming.
    Lucky it's not 10 degrees colder or I'd be frozen in. Looks like Lubbock and Amarillo are getting it.

Wow.

The youngest is moving into a nicer apartment. Lotsa amenities, and not a ton more expensive. But further away. <sigh>

So he's about to sign a new lease. The old lease was maybe 3 pages. The new one is 65. Some big national apartment firm.

I just finished my first read-thru, and briefing the document. Pages and pages of one-way, redundant, cya, legalese, designed to obfuscate. GRRRRRR...

I think what I need now is a beer.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

The ice got within about ten miles of us, I guess Garland got a big hit from it. The survivor Tree at the Oklahoma City Bombing memorial Has a lot of damage and they may lose it.