Page 1995 of 2020 FirstFirst ... 99514951895194519851994199519962005 ... LastLast
Results 69,791 to 69,825 of 70694

Thread: Byob !!!!!!

Default Re: Byob !!!!!!

The green edge is from over cooking them, 3miniutes for soft boiled and seven for hard is an old rule of thumb. I have found if you get eggs that are cold and put them in boiling water they will tend to crack. I let them sit till they are room temp and then put them in.
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

Of course I'm ignoring Fredz egg assassination device advice. What kinda silly person takes advice from the Polish??? Of course, I've been know to be pretty silly... so I might just try his scheme someday. <G>

'Nothing I can do. Nothing I can say.
    You go your own sweet, your own sweet way.

I can talk to you serious, I can talk to you nice.
    When it comes to eggs, you don't take good advice.'

David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

mi amigos, meeting forum member switter here for a late lunch

6497736D-67BC-46AD-91F5-794DD91189B4.jpg

F08901F3-E87E-446E-B225-4911701A0685.jpg
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Z View Post
    I'm seasoning a couple small cast iron skillets (6" and 8") right now. Do you have any advice I can ignore?
    I'll need to know what season do you want them to end up in? Fall? Or Spring?
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

I have heard from My friend in St.Pete that Switters is one fine fellow.
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

Fred I wonder if the old timers ever went out of their way to season a skillet. My granny cooked in the same skillets every day and I don't remember them ever leaving the stove. She probably scraped the crumbles from the last meal out drained off the fat from the last meal and went from there. I don't know if you remember or ever seen those old iron skillets people used before all the modern stuff, everything stuck in them.

Folks had no indoor plumbing and probably never heard of a germ

My mother and her mother had those white with red trim enamel over steel pots and pans, and one stainless steel frying pan each. Plus, a pressure cooker.
    My mother bought one of the very first T-fal pans, and she was in utter disbelief!
    But, I don't recall ever seeing cast iron cookware in our house.
    I am not really all that impressed with cast Iron. It is just some of the stuff I have acquired over the years. I can't tell any difference in corn bread baked in cast iron or one of my cake pans. Fried food will cook in anything that will hold hot grease and other pans are much easier to handle as I get older.
    Last edited by Bobby of Tulsa; 10-23-2020 at 06:25 PM.

I have an old stainless steel container with a strainer that fits in the top that I always pour my bacon grease in, it has a tight fitting lid and I keep it in the frig. The other oil and grease goes in a old soup or veggie can till trash day.

Forgot to say that is a grease can, it came with a canister set my aunt bought in 1958 the year the moved into this house. and the bacon grease is for seasoning.

The first cast iron I had was in my late 20s and had begun " seasoning" it based on wisdom from some older women in my circle. I took it hunting that year and when it was my father's turn to clean up he scrubbed it with sand. The same sand that the outfitter the week before had kept his horses tethered in. We didn't die but I will never let that happen again. It was how he did it when he was a an early teen working in mining camps. As a side note, I m only sharing this because of the margaritas. I have no idea how many .

Cheers,
    Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business.
    TOM ROBBINS, Even Cowgirls Get the Blues

I never thought about seasoning cast iron after Margaritas. How many and what brand of Tequila? Did you try any Mezcal? Good morning to the rest of The BYOB crew.

Where is Pless? We need a report on last nights activities and maybe a pic or two.

This bar definitely needs some help from Lefty. It is deader than my , well let's just say it aint workin so good.

Thank you again Fred. Good thing I was drinkin this Pinot Grigio or I would never have been able to read that. If I owe you anything or can ever help you just let me know.

Fred you are a good man and a kind spirit. I have the utmost respect for you. Not everybody goes through what you did and comes out on top. Just keep on doing the Fred thing my friend.

Thank you, Bobby. I will keep on keepin' on. Have to drag my arse outside now to get some yardwork done. There won't be too many opportunities to do that before the first snowfall.
    BTW, I packed one of those cheep wallpaper knives, so don't worry about getting one at your end. They came in a pack of three, and what am I gonna do with three of them?

So where are all the drinkin folks at? This is a germ free enviroment so come in and enjoy.

Hey Fred, Tecate works for me. Wonder where Glen and Kevin are.

I Think those women got Glen to one of those Texas revivals and he joined the the church, I am not sure about Kevin.

You are always Thinkin my friend.

I don't know about Jimmy or why he left I do have a thought but I am not sure about it. I could do a song with those words but I would get banned. I can rhyme almost any thing if I can put a bad word in it.

Damn shame about Jerry Jeff. A good old New York boy.

Fred my wife always says, you and your songs.

Kids got no sense of humor.

We need Baxter on this one, He does songs pretty good, I will give him your line to start. I got the Intermittent Internet Blues. Come on Lee you can do this. A video would be even better.

Someone could tell Mr. Baxter there is a challenge for him in the byob.

i wanna see him eat fifty eggs
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Paul tell me about the drinks you and Switters had last night.

Just for fun.

Good morning from Lahore.

Great fun Bobby,
    Also explains why Americans made big big cars.

Good evening Bobby!
    Good to see you having fun.