Page 1978 of 2001 FirstFirst ... 97814781878192819681977197819791988 ... LastLast
Results 69,196 to 69,230 of 70026

Thread: Byob !!!!!!

Default Re: Byob !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby of Tulsa View Post
    Hey there David, how ya be?
    Good. I'm still stuffed from lunch... but tamales always sound good. I'm almost tempted to order some from the neighborhood Mexican joint to eat for a late dinner.

Have got almost all the materials lined up now for the new deck. The 'show' 2x6 stock is going to be Alaska Yellow Cedar, and stained a pale grey. Which is what the back door will be painted. I hi-gloss pale grey with a hint of blue. The kids are primed to jump in a few days before the material gets delivers... so we can do the demo. Now I've got to coordinate with the oil tank decommision folks so they can do their thing while everything is open, and before we cover it back up. I'll finalize things with them tomorrow when they've had a chance to review their schedule. Been a fun day.

Another good day for you, I hope?

And Fredz... what is YOUR excuse???
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

So the girl came by just now and brought me a pint of Audaciter beer brewed by Unibrew in Chambly Quebec Canada. I will report on it tomorrow.
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

Anybody tried this?
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

Hey guys. Hope your days were good. Dr. Appointments for me today. Got a new VA provider. I like him. Been kinda busy lately, working on our back property, clearing cedars and undergrowth and feeble post oak. Got it looking decent and planted some “deer mix” and tall fescue.... starting to come up. Had some does coming up to eat the dropping acorns the last several days. Nice to see that while taking a morning coffee. My office right now is great!

Have not seen that, Bobby. My darling found a beer in Quebec when we were there. A local brew called Rosie Hibiscus. It was a very small batch brew. We cleaned them out over couple weeks we spent there...

Garland are you luring the deer in for deer season or just like to see them? I have never been that far north of here. I gave it a lot of thought back in the 60s but decided against it.

Just like to watch them. I hunted as a young person but never really enjoyed the process. Not a fan of wild game as a meat product in general. But I do enjoy observing wildlife. We have some deer, turkey, and even the occasional bobcat come through here. We have been looking for a place in the historic district of downtown Guthrie, but no luck. So we bought our current home, which is nice. Had a sunroom built. Did the work on the back lot. Still stalking all the remodels and stuff going on downtown. Found a young couple who are sort of the Chip and Jo Jo of Guthrie. Been stalking their projects for a few years now...

I am with you on the hunting thing, I will just eat out of the grocery store. Killing is not my thing anymore. I know where all that meat comes from and someone needs to eat it. So you looking to move to town?

It has been like a life time ago that I was in Guthrie, I guess I would not even know it now. Things sure change in forty some years.

That’s where we wanted to go when we found this place. Just nothing that fit our criteria at the time. I reached out to these two kids a few months ago. They acquired three double lots in the downtown Historic district..... about Eight blocks from Oklahoma Street which is pretty much Main St Guthrie. Asked to purchase one straight up while they were still building. They were a bit uneasy with the idea. Understandable. They have great style sense so we had no intention of intervening in their plans for design. We kinda gave up hope. I got the back lot coming along, looking good, thinking of a fire pit/ patio/grill etc down there. Then got a message from that lovely couple. They invited us to see the two homes currently progress. We made an offer one one..... the one we least expected to like. So now, it’s busy time, trying to sell and buy in a timeline that allows us to close on our sell and then close on the new buy.....

Guthrie hasn’t changed all that much. That is what we love so much.

Time will catch up though. Edmond is moving north very very quickly... and Guthrie is just right next door

Congratulations Garland, hope ya'll get the dreamhouse.

I hope things work out for you on the property thing and yes time and people change everything.

We are excited. We hope to travel more in coming years. Small yard, walking distance to to downtown and church... room in back for a garage/workspace... hopefully. Thanks, Bobby. Hope you are well and good. We are trying to lay low through this current mess

Just stay safe and enjoy your days with the ones you love, this will pass in time and life will be kind of normal again.

I think it is my bedtime, later friends.

Goodnight Bobster.
    Keep calm, persistence beats resistance.

Cool Re: Byob !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Longino View Post
    Can a feller get a cold beer in this saloon?

Cool Re: Byob !!!!!!

40's tonight.
    Had to close the windows.

Thumbs up Re: Byob !!!!!!

Whoo Hoo, page 1979!!!

Morning all. Kevin, good luck with the knees beezknees. And, Garland, wishing you the best with the property swapping.

Please don't send it my way, the last few days have been good ones for me, I hope this doesn't follow its usual pattern. A day or two of good and then the bottom falls out.
    Did my heart good to read this, and here's hoping you have a string of good days.

So the girl came by just now and brought me a pint of Audaciter beer brewed by Unibrew in Chambly Quebec Canada. I will report on it tomorrow.
    Ok, so I take this as my cue to make the 3/4 mile jaunt to Trader Joes, preferably during morning senior hours.

Life is short, play with your cougar.

Morning Curtis, good to see you here. how are you doing with the new stove?

Curt I haven't tried the beer yet, I will open it after while and sample it, sez it has a champagne like effervescence That should be different.

The new stove is a wondrous thing! It's a plain jane, 5 knobs and a light switch for the oven, we've cooked all sorts of good food on/in it so far. The dryer is equally appreciated, especially since my old one quit a year ago, a few weeks before She moved in. The anniversary of that momentous occasion is 6 days from now, incidentally,
    whew!!

Good morning gents...sipping coffee here!
    Big ole harvest moon last night...have a great day...

Good morning Glen, you off to the garden today?

Curt I am glad you enjoy the new stove, I am sure after that hot plate it is a great change.

Heya, Glen. I been out watching the moon set and sipping coffee. We got that cold front you guys were talking about a few days ago and it's been in the mid to high 60s the last few mornings. The first time since March. What a welcome sense!

Curt you got your cold weather pants and shirt on? Lefty will think he is freezing at that temp.
    Last edited by Bobby of Tulsa; 10-02-2020 at 07:00 AM.

Curt I am glad you enjoy the new stove, I am sure after that hot plate it is a great change.
    Like my bro said when I told him about converting to gas finally, "Game changer". I brought a pot of water to boil in under 5 minutes, something I could never do on that glass cooktop. Not even close! And having an oven is great, plan to do a no-peek prime rib for the anniversary. Mmm!
    Gonna season a cast iron griddle in it soon.

Another I am happy for you thing to add to my list. I may start celebrating your anniversary in about 1 minute, I need to start early incase of my forgetfulness. Wouldn't want to miss something like that.

Curt you got you cold weather pants and shirt on? Lefty will think he is freezing at that temp.
    Nope, short sleeve pants and a t-shirt. I am loving this weather. Highs just below 80° with 50% humidity and stiff breezes? Heaven, baby. We worked outside all week and she's, finaly, taken to waking up early to take advantage of the cool mornings.

It is in the upper forties here and that is fine with me high in the seventies the next few days.