Page 1973 of 1994 FirstFirst ... 97314731873192319631972197319741983 ... LastLast
Results 69,021 to 69,055 of 69774

Thread: Byob !!!!!!

Default Re: Byob !!!!!!

I hear you Kev, you never know who handled things before you pick it up, besides all those that cough and sneeze on everything.
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

I have gotten my flu shot every year since 1986 when I went in to the Military. With IHS, they come to the office and give them to us.... pretty much mandatory for folks who work in the clinical
    Spectrum... T1D and flu is not a good combo, so I got mine at CVS this year since I am teleworking.

I have gotten my flu shot every year since 1986 when I went in to the Military. With IHS, they come to the office and give them to us.... pretty much mandatory for folks who work in the clinical
    Spectrum... T1D and flu is not a good combo, so I got mine at CVS this year since I am teleworking.

Cool Re: Byob !!!!!!

I need to get out of the city.

Keep calm, persistence beats resistance.

Good evening Garland. I got mine at Walgreens today. I guess you are staying safe.
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

Thumbs up Re: Byob !!!!!!

Evening gentlemen. And all the rest of youse too.

I've never gotten a flu shot in my life. And seldom have gotten the flu. Not for years. Not even during those years when I was knocked way down and recovering from cancer and my sweetie was bringing who knows what back from the hospital. But both of the medico-types in the family are telling me this would be a very good year to start. Hmmmm...
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Still adding this mess up

This dang forum has been disappearing my posts for the last hour.

Morning All,

I tried posting earlier and gave up. Went off and did some other things. Seems to be fine for me at the moment.

What a weird morning. I apparently fell asleep with my arm hanging, hyper-extended, over the edge of the bed. When I woke up, it was like those times doing something athletic and nearly dislocated some joint or other. The ligament attachment at the medial epicondyle is mucho tender and stressed. Can't even lift a coffee cup with that hand.

So... Tulsy... beat THAT if you can. Disabling yourself just by lying in bed!!! <G>
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Gman that is an everyday thing for me. I have lots of practice at that, in fact it is a big part of my dream world.

Good morning uncles!

Fellow uncles!

Good day to you Syed. I hope it has been a good one for you. Uncles are the most important part of a young boys teachings. The can say and do things no other family member can or will.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby of Tulsa View Post
    Good day to you Syed. I hope it has been a good one for you. Uncles are the most important part of a young boys teachings. The can say and do things no other family member can or will.
    ... But that is about functional ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Z View Post
    Ha! I woke up yesterday morning, and found a two inch diameter bruise on the inside of my right forearm. I looked at it for a couple minutes trying to figure out how that could have happened. Still don't know.
    One of your old girlfriends snuck in and smacked you one? You must be a sound sleeper... <G>
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Weird when that happens. I had a cut on my calf like that a while back. No idea what I did.

My fear is - since it's ligaments, not muscle... and since I'm old (almost as old as the Gila Monster)... it's gonna be a slow heal. I really don't have time for dis chit. <sigh>
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Mysterious cuts and bruises are just a pat of getting older I think. I reached over my truck bed to get a five gallon can of gas out. The next day my arms look like I took a beating.

Fred, They have an MRI machine that is extra large and the will give you a sedative if you ask. Hell I made it through one, kinda.

Mysterious cuts and bruises are just a pat of getting older I think. I reached over my truck bed to get a five gallon can of gas out. The next day my arms look like I took a beating.
    Yeah, yeah, yeah... except I'm NOT older. YOU'RE older. By at least a month, iirc!!! <G>

Hope you are having a better day than I am so far. I'm not only disabled... I'm highly aggravated about it. The REALLY aggravating part is that I haven't yet come up with the slightest CLUE how to blame you
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Well a couple of shots of this here agave nectar will ease your aggravation I am sure.

Well David I guess it could have been my fault, If I hadn't been the nice guy I am I would have told you hey dipstick, don't sleep with your arm hanging off the bed. I guess I am just to nice sometimes.

Well a couple of shots of this here agave nectar will ease your aggravation I am sure.
    Can I swap it for some rum? <G>
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Sure if that is what you have.

Well David I guess it could have been my fault, If I hadn't been the nice guy I am I would have told you hey dipstick, don't sleep with your arm hanging off the bed. I guess I am just to nice sometimes.
    NOW we're getting somewhere. I can blame Kevin, too. HE din't warn me. Glen neither!! And that danged Curtis was too busy smelling his own gas to even think of it!! Garland is probably just too shy to offer advice on what I should do in bed, so he gets a pass. That don't hardly apply to the rest of you!!! <G>

Yanno... I'm starting to feel a bit better already
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

So glad I was able to help.

Gman, I forgot to tell you to stop at two shots, passing out is not in the prescription.

Cool Re: Byob !!!!!!

I really haven't done anything for at least 3 or 4 days.
    Been resting up.
    My injuries are healing.
    Still tryin to get paint out of my hair.

Thumbs up Re: Byob !!!!!!

Who's ready for dinner?

I am! I had a pound of leftover pork loin roast, so I made a pot of "Four Can Chili".
    Whassa 4Can Chili ??

And how do you grind up the cans enough to swallow?
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Add a pound or so of whatever meat you have on hand, and 1/2 tablespoon each of salt, black pepper, Mexican oregano, dried ancho and guajillo pepper powder. I also add freeze dried jalapenos (cuz I have some). Served on a bed of elbow macaroni with cheese on top.
    Looks mighty good.

Don't let Tulsy have any though.

You know what this place gets like if we feed him beans...

Last time it was so bad, Kevin even broke out his old stash of patchouli oil... <G>
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

That is some good looking Chili Fred, be careful offering it to a Texican. They think beans in chili is a mortal sin, you might even get shot.

Down here if you use more than 4 kinds of beans, yer considered a yuppie.

Life is short, play with your cougar.

Hey Curt.

Hey, pal. I got a new double hung, double insulated window hung in the shop this morning. Got rid of the 70 yo iron job. The contractor who replaced it turns 90 in November.

Life is short, play with your cougar.