Page 1968 of 1996 FirstFirst ... 96814681868191819581967196819691978 ... LastLast
Results 68,846 to 68,880 of 69831

Thread: Byob !!!!!!

Default Re: Byob !!!!!!

This forum is wacky this morning, I did my post five times before it finally posted. Each time I hit send it would just poof and was gone, not even on the restore post thing. Each time I made it shorter because I was getting pretty ticked off at the crazy thing. This early in the morning is not a good time for things to frustrate me.
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

Rainy here this morning and looks like Glen maybe getting some rain. Oh well rain falls on the just and the unjust or so I have read.
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

How true that song, I see all the old timers I once knew telling all their glory day stories because that is all they had left. Now I find myself in that same place. I once work in a place and a fellow worker said, everyone that works here is a has been or wannabe. I guess the has been pretty much covers this old fart. Old before my time I guess.

a guy can do worse than having time to reminisce. i hope there's more satisfaction than regret, bobby.

I emailed John and wished him well, I did not ask any questions, He confirmed the banned thing but didn't say how long. I would assume a not so short a time for him. Well, I wish him well and I will do a beer and shot of Mezcal to his health and well being. Here's to you my friend for fighting the good fight.

Quote Originally Posted by L.W. Baxter View Post
    a guy can do worse than having time to reminisce. i hope there's more satisfaction than regret, bobby.
    I have very few regrets, I am just not ready for what is happening to me.

i came up with a novel way to ruin a night's sleep.

walked out barefoot in the dark onto the deck at 1am for a tinkle, stepped on a banana slug. the paroxysm of disgust in addition to the adrenalin jolt caused me to tweak my back. it must have looked like some kind new wave dance move, which considering i was nekkid is probably good nobody saw.

Now that is a good story and made me smile, the slug part not the hurt back. Glad it wasn't worse, you could of broke something if you had fallen.

Morning Fred. busy day today?

Good luck to you.

Where is Glen, I hope he is not in jail or the hospital. I think he has shut the Tequila pipeline down in favor of gardening.

Since I be thinkin of Texicans this morning maybe we should have a few of these.

Rainy here...sorry to see John T prosecuted and persecuted while his tormentor crawls free...

Quote Originally Posted by L.W. Baxter View Post
    i came up with a novel way to ruin a night's sleep.

walked out barefoot in the dark onto the deck at 1am for a tinkle, stepped on a banana slug. the paroxysm of disgust in addition to the adrenalin jolt caused me to tweak my back. it must have looked like some kind new wave dance move, which considering i was nekkid is probably good nobody saw.
    Yeah... I've seen that dance move before. <G>

I can go out on the back deck and pee without hardly waking up at all. But the shock of stepping on a slug... then the time it takes to get the sticky off your foot... I bet you were fully awake. Hope the back settles down soon!

Fredz -- are you in trouble? Under house arrest maybe? <G>

Tulsy - hope you're well & good today. Here's some dance music for YOU!! Show us watcha gotz!!!

David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Ok, this forum just keeps disappearing my post what's the deal. Morning David G if this one shows up and good tune.

...free shots...

Last edited by Glen Longino; 09-22-2020 at 03:21 PM.

Hey Glen Good to see you and I am ready for some shots. I found a pic of Chip.

I like his smile!

Nice huh? Did you get rain today?

...one tenth of an inch in two days...may get some tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Longino View Post
    I like his smile!
    Seems friendly.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

We got about an inch and a half today, It stopped about an hour ago and I think there may be a chance tomorrow.
    Last edited by Bobby of Tulsa; 09-22-2020 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby of Tulsa View Post
    We got about an inch and a half today, I stopped about an hour ago and I think there may be a chance tomorrow.
    Hey... watchu doing hanging around here? Shouldn't you be painting some lures or sump'n?? <G>

Seriously, hope your day is going well. I sure was happy to hear that some of my friends in the fire zone are able to move back home. Even if they are still advised to 'keep a bag packed'.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Not a lot happenin in my life right now MrG. I had planned on making some jambalaya today but that will have to wait till tomorrow.

I wish some one would tell Chip I posted his pic in here. That is my mental image of that man.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby of Tulsa View Post
    I wish some one would tell Chip I posted his pic in here. That is my mental image of that man.
    I think Chip has different modes for different circumstances. I share your impression that the foto captures one of 'em.

My dogs liked it too!! <G>
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Why did chip-skiff quit us?

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Longino View Post
    Why did chip-skiff quit us?
    Too many humanitarians... and not enough wolfitarians???

OK... I have not idea.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

I don't know Glen, I pmed him a long time ago and told him if I had offended him some way I apologized. He is a hero in my books, he did me a favor I will always owe him for. I sent him an old fountain pen that he rebuilt for me. It was my graduation gift to my daughter. The pen was nothing fancy but it belonged to my aunt which Crys considered her Grand mother. The Aunt bought it back in the 50s. When I gave it to her I said this is from me and Aunt Jo. she opened it and just started crying. I don't think a million dollars would have meant more to her at that time. If Chip ever sends me a bill I will pay it.

Just to add, I told Chip that story and he said that is payment in full. He is a good Man.

Maybe he's busy working on another book...
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Z View Post
    That would be a good thing.

I feel bad about Oz, but fer chrissakes, we all have to understand where the line is, and how not to cross it. 'Specially those who have been to camp a time or two already.
    I can sympathize with passion... and blunt language. It is a time to be passionate.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks