Page 1930 of 1967 FirstFirst ... 93014301830188019201929193019311940 ... LastLast
Results 67,516 to 67,550 of 68835

Thread: Byob !!!!!!

Default Re: Byob !!!!!!

Gotta say that is a really big smile.
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

Good morning gents and ladies!
    Grabbing a mug of coffee and a taco and heading for the garden...see you later!

Why thank you Syed .
    Have a pastry

And I think something sweet for bobby

Thank you kind sir, looks very good. Good morning or evening to you.
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

This Phaidra person does good music and good food stuff, a welcome thing in these parts.

Good morning Glen, don't over heat today, looks like another hot one down your way.

Evening here, it's cold and we're all in hard lock down. Certainly could do with some of the 100 degree heat you're all whinging about.
    No mind, there's music, good company and good cheer ..and pastries

Last one before I go
    Might be new for you.
    Vikki Thorn.

Thanks for the shout

Ok, so I missed one of Phaidra's post so now I am not sure if I should say sir or miss or what. I still think He/she is good company and again I say welcome and forgive me because I was mistaken. To answer the question about what we eat, just about any food or drink works here.
    Last edited by Bobby of Tulsa; 08-16-2020 at 08:23 AM.

I know I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer any longer and it is going to the butter knife stage faster than I care to think. This Byob is one of the high points of my life anymore so please bare with me through this. I try to do this right but mostly do not.

You a bit of a Townes fan Bobby?

Glen and I really like Townes Van Zandt and that is an excellent song of his.

Fred must be sleeping in this morning.

Good Sunday to you all. And welcome, Phaidra! Been out getting some things done and, as usual, the heat has snuck up on us here.

Life is short, play with your cougar.

Morning Curtis. Is it beer time yet? Curt did you get any lake time in this week?

Not yet, but I just finished sausage patties, 2 eggs and a bloody maria. Its already 90° and I may need a siesta soon.

Morning All,

And a big hello to the new face, Phaidra.

Headed for 100F+ here today. 70 already. Gonna be a challenge for this ol' salamander.

David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Time to slide off my bar stool and trundle up the wooden hill.
    Last edited by Phaidra; 08-16-2020 at 10:26 AM.

Dang forum is really bugging me this morning, I missed posting to everyone.Curtis you doing good my friend and Fred that sounds like a good way to spend a morning. Gman grab a cold one and relax this heat will pass. Phaidra sleep well and good dreams.

I'm drinking a cold Busch...plenty more for anybody who wants one...
    AC is cranked up...

Ok, Glen I am back in hotter than something, I had to move some stuff around where i could get in and out of my shop. I had to move one lawn tractor out and put it on a trailer and move Sandy's garden tools back over in the lawn building where they be long. It seems to be so much easier for her to just stack them in my shop. Really need a beer now.

Well the girl just got here she brought me a six pack of Corona and six pack of Victoria. I be doin alright. Well I aint out driving topless but I am ok with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby of Tulsa View Post
    Well the girl just got here she brought me a six pack of Corona and six pack of Victoria. I be doin alright. Well I aint out driving topless but I am ok with that.
    You could just go out and drive the lawn tractor around topless.

OK, now that I think of it nevermind. Where do I GET these dumb ideas, anyway? Just try'n to be helpful <G>
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

One for Glen,

Quote Originally Posted by David G View Post
    You could just go out and drive the lawn tractor around topless.

OK, now that I think of it nevermind. Where do I GET these dumb ideas, anyway? Just try'n to be helpful <G>
    David have you been in the eggnog again or is it this heat?

Ok, nap done, the sky clouded o'er some and is holding the ° below 90, the breeze is up so its bearable outside. Had an iced coffee and now it's time for a beer.

Yesterday I did a nice pork loin in the crockpot with mushroom and french onion soup. We ran some errands while it simmered and when I got home, I opened the door and my tongue started slapping the roof of my mouth uncontrollably. After a couple drinks She made up her famous ho made mashed potatoes and man, what a meal. We ate out in the screen gazebo I put up Friday. (She finally found one that suited her, after 4 tries now.)

Afterwards she went inside for some a/c and I went to my bench to smoke and check for messages. I open an email from the secretary of the ship model club I've been a member of for 5 or so years (he sends funnies or stories of what other guys are doing model wise, since we haven't been meeting in person from april on.) Nice old guy in his early 80s, usually trying to keep things lighthearted at meetings but cracks down if we get off topic too far.

The email had a word doc attached, when I opened it it was a 1500 word right wing screed extolling the virtues of the orange one and what a career hack Joe Byedon is, Harris is a radical leftist . . . Typical boilerplate hyperbole, bullet point format, 25 of them. I read to the bottom to see if there was a byline and, there was. He'd written it all, or so it claimed.

My stomach was gurgling by the time I got through it and that nice dinner went right through me. I was sick.

This morning I shot him a reply. (Redacted,) please tell me your email account has been hacked and someone is sending out Breightbartian, Fox addled screeds in your name.

He sends back, screed is the right word and, no, I wrote it.
    Tell me any of it isn't true, Curtis.

Geesh! Where to start?

First you try to get me killed ordering the staff to get me a water melon and now you want the dept. of wild life out here rescuing a beached albino whale on a lawn mower.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby of Tulsa View Post
    David have you been in the eggnog again or is it this heat?
    I think it's the heat. I don't remember drinking anything.

My buddy who lives up in the Columbia River Gorge (way hotter, and way way windier) has lizard blood. He doesn't mind the heat. But he's noticing that his poor elderly dog is about perishing from it. He built his little 2 bedroom 1.5 story house himself, and it's well insulated. But he heats with wood. So no A/C.

I suggested he put in a heat pump. Maybe a little mini-split. Take some of the stress off his poor ol' dog during the esp. hellish days. Which seem destined to get worse and worse. Plus - it's trouble-free winter heat for those times when he's too injured or stove up to carry firewood in. Which seem to come more frequently each year <sigh>
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks