Page 1920 of 1971 FirstFirst ... 920142018201870191019191920192119301970 ... LastLast
Results 67,166 to 67,200 of 68971

Thread: Byob !!!!!!

Default Re: Byob !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby of Tulsa View Post
    Geez it is Saturday night where is everybody? The beer fairy came by and brought me some more of that Oregone beer. I am set for the night, got supper cooked and the wife is home.
    You have a 'beer fairy' now? Now THAT is cool. Does she have a sister? <G>

Yanno how you used to let the kids do some chore, or build something... and it was always about 3 or 9 times as much work as just doing it yourself? Well, my sweetie is now painting the inside of her closet as part of the 'fix it up' campaign. She's never done any painting, but she wanted to do it herself. Same story. I can't really do much myself while it's going on, because the questions/interruptions are non-stop. Fun to see her recognize that such chores don't just happen by magic. Makes her appreciate me a bit more <G>

Didja get into any trouble today? I didn't get any frantic phone calls saying, 'send bail money'. So that's a good thing...
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

A poor barkeep I am today!
    Got up early and went to the garden.
    Had a late morning nap, lunch, afternoon nap, now ready for bed.
    Thank you gents for keeping the lid on this place!

Morning Peoples of the Pub, A good day so far. No trouble Mr.G, I was good all day.I guess if I got any plans for mischief I better do it today because after this I will have a full time watcher.
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

Good morning Bobby, good to see you.

Good Day to you Syed, Good to see you here as well. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you but the forum just refused to post for a while.
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

Sometimes this forum will just eat your post, you hit send and the little circle will start spinning you think it posted you look away at something else and when you look again to see if anyone responded you post is not there.

Sometimes this forum will just eat your post, you hit send and the little circle will start spinning you think it posted you look away at something else and when you look again to see if anyone responded you post is not there.
    The same thing happened with me, before giving up I once opened the page and my post was there but without confirmation to me .
    Boring at times.

It is but as they say it's what we got so just enjoy it while we can.

You are right Bobby.

Do you have plans for the rest of your afternoon or is it to hot to do anything there.

I guess Glen is on his way to gardening by now. Or maybe he got to hot and tired yesterday to get started today.

Do you have plans for the rest of your afternoon or is it to hot to do anything there.
    Yesterday we had very heavy rain in the early afternoon but after an hour sky's cleared and wind stopped totally making the weather horrible. Situation of air did not change overnight so day's start was far from being pleasant.

An hour early there was small drizzle and pretty strong wind so right now it is not bad.

That heat and humidity is really hard on me so on those kind of days I mostly stay in my room with the AC and dehumidifier going. One of the meds I take make me heat intolerant and the humidity is just a non breathing event about to happen.

I told my wife a while ago that tomorrow I start her retraining program in non management. She got a laugh out of that.

Morning All,

Tulsy... good luck with that re-training program. I have my own ideas about WHO is gonna get retrained... <G>

Hope everyone has a fun day!

David G
    Harbor Woodworks

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Good day gents...hope all is well.
    Had to grin at Syed's bow...no telling how many I made that looked like that one, mostly willow limbs.
    When I was eight, my dad handed me a new fiberglass low power bow and told me he was tired of looking at my handiwork!
    Syed, you should save that bow as folk art and make another one.
    Best wishes!

Hey Glen, I guess you haven't burned down in that garden yet. and I need to tell Gman the woman and I decided we both have had all the training that will work for us.

Hey Glen, I guess you haven't burned down in that garden yet. and I need to tell Gman the woman and I decided we both have had all the training that will work for us.
    Sounds good!
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Morning David, she knows me pretty well by now as you probably know from your own experience. When I am feeling really bad she just leaves me alone, if it is a good day I am more than willing to help her or try to show her how to do it. The most depressing thing in my life is my in inability to do anything. Mentally or physically.

Morning David, she knows me pretty well by now as you probably know from your own experience. When I am feeling really bad she just leaves me alone, if it is a good day I am more than willing to help her or try to show her how to do it. The most depressing thing in my life is my in inability to do anything. Mentally or physically.
    Don't say 'anything'. Despite the infirmities that have been visited upon you... you still manage to get some things done, push to stay active, keep your share of the beer stock rotated, keep a laudably positive outlook, and even manage to poke your fingers full of holes on occasion!
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

This key board and spelling is going away quickly.I am never sure how to spell anything and most time my first try looks like someones password

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Z View Post
    As well as keeping a coop of chickens going, while performing the occasional acrobatic routine.
    Yeah... but the lazy, selfish, bustard didn't have the forethought to set up video for our viewing entertainment!! <G>
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

I'll not hold that against him, as I failed to do the same to preserve my less than graceful bicycle dismount.
    Yeah... maybe I'm not being totally fair. But I have high expectations of Tulsy. You, otoh... <G>
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Fred that is just about all I get done, on a good day when my fog lifts for a little, I will try to get on the mower and mow. My daughter wants me to make her a cork board. I need a frame made from a 1x2x1\2inch. It will be 22x22 and the quarter inch ply will be flush with the frame on the bottom. I have everything to do it but I just really like all my fingers. She said show me how and I will do it. I am not to sure I can guide her through and she wont get hurt. Not that she isn't capable but I sometimes forget to tell people of the mistakes they can make. When I am not sure I can doit I am sure not going to encourage a someone that has nevever been near a tool to try it

All too happy to be living up to your expectations.

At least I showed up for the virtual EBS.
    You did! And weren't you the sole Pub representative? Kudos for that are much deserved. I hope I manage the next one.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Anybody want a cold beer, iced tea...Margarita?
    It's hottern hell on my front porch in the shade...

Hey Glen it is very cool in my room. I got lots of beer and the Girl will be here in about ten minutes with what eve she drinks and some kind of sweet wine her mom will have a glass as we celebrate her last day at work. I am so happy for her.

The boxer and sounds of silence I think rate way close to the top of my favorite songs.

She deserves some congratulations and quiet time...my best wishes to both of you!

Good on you, Fred!

O.K. Sandy is home. They had a party for her and I don't know how many people came by to say goodbye to her, They came a few at a time. Some she hired 20 years ago came to thank her for their first job and the kindness she showed them and all she taught them. She's home to stay now. Woohoo!

I shed a tear or two when I read the cards and saw the gifts she got, not just from employees but customers as well. She has made a mark on that company and the customers as well.