Page 1888 of 1920 FirstFirst ... 88813881788183818781887188818891898 ... LastLast
Results 66,046 to 66,080 of 67184

Thread: Byob !!!!!!

Default Re: Byob !!!!!!

This here is a concussion I have got. So one of those guys in the white coat told me. My advise to folks is don't wait till you are 70 to try back flips off the porch.
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

Where is that Kevin of the Pub guy?
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby of Tulsa View Post
    This here is a concussion I have got. So one of those guys in the white coat told me. My advise to folks is don't wait till you are 70 to try back flips off the porch.
    Dang, Bob. You don't mess around, do you?

So, what age do you recommend for doing backflips off the porch?

Life is short, play with your cougar.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Z View Post
    When guys in white coats come around to check out my head, I might consider hiding from them.
    not much left up there for them to find and they can see I am no danger to anyone but me and that is not worth their trouble to haul off. I got a head ache that would kill Godzilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Curtism View Post
    Dang, Bob. You don't mess around, do you?

So, what age do you recommend for doing backflips off the porch?
    Probably when you are young and tough as nails.

Ok, good. That ship done sailed for me.

That hit literally knocked the pee out of me, it took me a couple of minutes to figure out what had just happened and where I was. Then it was several minutes before I could roll over and crawl back to the porch. At least today is not as bad as yesterday except for the head ache and still a bit off balance oh and sick to my stomach feeling.

I've been reading articles on how to treat a concussion. So far, I hace not come across any medical advice that says you should stumble around the house 3-4 days bouncing off the walls...then go to the doctor.
    I'll read some more...dangit!

I came back from the store a bit ago and she was standing on the side porch by the driveway, visibly shaken. She was coming in from the shop and a 4' black snake ran across the floor in the side room that connects the garage to the house. She wasn't amused by my casual attitude about it. It was prolly a black racer, harmless garden snake that we see now and then. It figures it would come inside while I was away and slithered right across her path.

I asked if she screamed and she said **** yeah! I told her it was the best thing she could have done.

Funny that I haven't seen a snake in the house in 25 or so years. She asked how it got in and I told her "somebody" needs to stop leaving doors hanging open. Ahem.

It was a doctor person at the urgent care that told me that. he said do not do any heavy work, loud noises or wrasslelin matches not even with your wife and no computer screens. I wanted to tell him there would not be enough beer in Tulsa to stop my boredom for three days without my computer. I have not even attempted to go out any time and I am bored to death. I don't really want to lay out in the yard till someone finds me.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Z View Post
    When guys in white coats come around to check out my head, I might consider hiding from them.
    You've done that every time we've sent them. And just LOOK where it's landed you...
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Did their prescription for a cure... involve beer?

Glad to hear you went and got it checked out!!
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

They did not mention beer, but I have decided if I would have been drinkin that would never have happened. So I will try to remedy that little problem from now on. I didn't tell about the egg basket and my glasses and cane that The girl had to go out and get for me. The eggs were scrambled the basket was beside them my glasses flew a bit farther and she finally found them.

Free Lone Star concussion medication while it lasts...

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Longino View Post
    Free Lone Star concussion medication while it lasts...
    Set me up. I haven't had a concussion since that tangle with the vacuum cleaner hose in the dark. But it can't hurt.

I will have one and some pain reliever to go with it.

Here ya go, Curtis...

This is the first one since 1969, I musta been a lot tougher back then.

Anybody thirsty

Glen scared them off with the video of c'boys eating mountain oysters.

Morning Fred and Curtis, I am just extra slow getting around this morning.

Morning All,

Tulsy - good to see you're upright & mobile... or some reasonable approximation. Best slow that mustang down for a bit...

High clouds and a cool breeze here now... headed for 77 they say. Got some more contractors coming this morning to look at this & that.

Hope everyone has a great day!

David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Morning David, The mustang is in park, can't get much slower than that.

Morning David, The mustang is in park, can't get much slower than that.
    Just where it needs to be... for now. I just got a quote to rebuild our fireplace chimney (hadn't been touched or tuck-pointed since 1947) for over $8,000. Yikes!!! Interesting how bids vary. The other two bids were around $4k for the same work.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Thanks for the thought Fred You do the same and hope you aren't to busy today.

Geez Fred, you are an ambitious fella.

I know what you mean, I have been waiting for a new metal roof for my shop, the roofer called the other day and said it will be at least three more weeks, the suppliers are not able to keep up with the demand right now.

What will be your choice of beer for this Friday?

Good to see all you pards in here this morning.
    Last night eveyone went silent about the time the calf fries hit the grill...ha!
    I have some cold beers if anyone is thirsty...

I will take one Glen, Maybe it will help this head ache.

Oh I will take an order of those calf fries, I like them battered and fried but I can do the grilled ones.

I also prefer them battered and fried.
    Here's a plate and a Shiner Bock for you!

Thank you Glen.