Page 1887 of 1919 FirstFirst ... 88713871787183718771886188718881897 ... LastLast
Results 66,011 to 66,045 of 67164

Thread: Byob !!!!!!

Default Re: Byob !!!!!!

Bobby, Try reading something. If you can't keep your eyes on the line to the end of the sentence, get your ears checked out. That was the main clue in my diagnosis!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby of Tulsa View Post
    Good tunes Glen, I will pass on the drinks tonight. Been a very hard day for me and my balance is way out of whack. I have been in this chair all day except for bathroom breaks. I have to hold on to something just to stay off the floor. I don't know what this is all bout. I think something happened that caused my fall and it is not going away soon enough to suit me.
    You know I wish you well my friend.
    Get some rest if you can.
    I'll save you a drink or two!

Quote Originally Posted by LOKI View Post
    Bobby, Try reading something. If you can't keep your eyes on the line to the end of the sentence, get your ears checked out. That was the main clue in my diagnosis!
    I delt with the inner ear thing a few months a go. Doc said I needed physical therapy. The therapist seen it was not an exercise thing and ask if I had been checked for the ear problem. I said no and she ask if I cared if she check me. Well she had me lay down on a table and let my head hang off. I am on my back and she says look to the left and so I did in about twenty seconds she said what do you see I said all those machines are moving around the room. With her help we fixed it.
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

This is a totally different thing, with that i would be walking along it was like I slipped on ice or someone jerked a rug out from under me. Since I tried a half dozen or so times to get out of bed I been staggering around like I am on a super drunk.
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

When they had me on the table they put warm water in each ear, no reaction. When they put cool water in my left ear, no problem. When in the right ear, wholleeee cripes, I was spinning a million miles an hour. Tech yelling, put your foot on the floor, made no diff, until warm water in the right ear I would still be spinning. That is due to something eating the cilia in my right ear. As I said my first symptom, other than something being wrong was the inability to read a line of words. Please look after yourself Bobby, I'm hoping that after all this covid stuff is over, I might be able to come visit you and your state. Create a list of all your local brews and we'll work our way through them!

Hopefully I will be here for that. Thank you sir.

I am wondering if I may have a concussion from banging my head when I hit the ground.

Bst wishes for a solution to your balance problem, it does sound like an ear playing up.

No, Bobby, that is what I have right now. I'll be standing and all of a sudden I'll lurch to one side or another because my brain thinks that I'm falling to one side or the other! I'm sure that anyone watching thinks that I'm drunk. This is when I'm feeling perfectly OK. When I'm tired or ill I definitely lurch and stumble. On my worst days I sit on the edge and wait for the world to stop spinning. I am with you my friend and hope for the best for you.

If it is an ear thing I have a list of eye and head exercise to try and float that little crystal thing back where it floated out from. Last time it worked well, I was told that is not always the case.

Well I am having no dizzy I just fall into walls or what ever is handy

Guys I just want it to go away I have enough issues with out this let me tell you.

I really appreciate you Guys help in this. It is making me crazier than I usually am.

It's a good kind of crazy....right!

Hey Glen I don't know how much you are willing to spend but one of those seeder in the garden catalog will make life much easier I think earthway is the name of them. A couple of years ago my neighbor let me use his. You can plant a row of seed almost as fast as you can walk the length of your garden. and no bending over to put seeds in the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKI View Post
    It's a good kind of crazy....right!
    Some people don't think so. I hope David G doesn't see this he will be all over it.

I will google that, Bobby.
    I do need to save all the steps I can...thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby of Tulsa View Post
    I am wondering if I may have a concussion from banging my head when I hit the ground.
    That's what I was thinking...

You know what you have to do. Don't make me go over your head. About your head. You see where I'm headed... right? <G>
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

It sure makes planting seeds easy. It has these plates for different size seed and they are quick change.Just a turn and they come out the same with putting them back in. My garden at that time was 60 feet long, I planted 6 rows of green beans and 3 rows of okra in about ten minutes and never had to bend over to put a seed in the ground.

Man I have to do a lot of correcting any more just where people don't think I am making up words.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzGoDtmTllg

This is dedicated to my mommy! I know it's about a man, but the sentiment fits her IMO! Good luck BOT, you're about to have a 24/7 babysitter. God help you both!

I just showed Tdg's post to her Mom she got a good laugh out of that. morning guys.

I got a good chuckle out of that too. Good luck, buddy! And keep laying low until whatever is out of kilter with your gyro gets resolved.

A cool 75° with 90% humidity is feeling pretty good. I had to put a t-shirt on.

Life is short, play with your cougar.

Morning Curtis, She handed them her letter of resignation yesterday. I have till August the ninth to get my act together. thirty years at that store is long enough.
    Last edited by Bobby of Tulsa; 07-16-2020 at 07:35 AM.

Ha! Shawn said at your age, your act is probably as together as it's likely to get.

She is right about that.

Tell Shawn hello for me, and good morning.

Done and done. She's finally getting into a rythm and coming around to east coast time, now that she's gotten up early a few times and seen how pleasant mornings are here. She's also starting to adapt to the heat somewhat, she was outside most of the day yesterday.

I am sure that is a real change for her, you live some where most of your life you kind of get used to that climate.

Yeah, it sure is. Where she's from in central cal it goes into the high 40s at night, in Aug, and daytime highs are like our overnight lows now, mid to upper 70s. So she's had to get used to 20° warmer temps in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by TDGirl View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzGoDtmTllg

This is dedicated to my mommy! I know it's about a man, but the sentiment fits her IMO! Good luck BOT, you're about to have a 24/7 babysitter. God help you both!

Boy Howdy!!!
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Well I guess us humans can adapt to most anything if we try.