Page 1885 of 1923 FirstFirst ... 88513851785183518751884188518861895 ... LastLast
Results 65,941 to 65,975 of 67278

Thread: Byob !!!!!!

Default Re: Byob !!!!!!

Good to see you hombres have been feasting and drinking while I was out early working.
    Now it's catch up time.
    Have a good day and be safe...we don't need any more fall down stories...ha...
    I

Hiya, Glen.

A big semi with a low-boy trailer carrying the biggest shovel loader/ backhoe just pulled into the hood. I'm betting they will be tearing down an old dilapidated house a block over by the beer store. The house is on a double lot so before long, 2 new mcmansions will take its place. That should provide some quality entertainment around here. I may take my lawn chair down there and watch them demolish that eyesore.

Beats watching lizards getting it on.

Life is short, play with your cougar.

Morning Glen I been in the house except for sitting out on the deck a little while yesterday, as of right now I doubt I will venture out at all today.
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

Sounds like a plan, Curtis...I love watching other people work!

Boredom does funny things to us Curt, that will be cheap entertainment.
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

I like watching demolitions almost as much as I like watching new buildings go up. On my walks with Red our path was determined by where new homes were going up. Its been a trend in this old hood to buy and old place, preferably on a double lot, split the lot and cram two 2 story houses on them. 5 br, 3 bath, 2 car garages seems to be the thing. Leaving as little yard as the local codes allow.

Speaking of work...last week I spent two mornings laying down 3000 square feet of black poly film on a patch of new garden to kill the grass. I used 200 wire pins to hold it down.
    Saturday night a big wind came trough here and Sunday morning I found a hell of a mess of scattered plastic.
    Took me three mornings to put it back...finished it this morning. Hoping for lighter winds the next six weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Longino View Post
    Speaking of work...last week I spent two mornings laying down 3000 square feet of black poly film on a patch of new garden to kill the grass. I used 200 wire pins to hold it down.
    Saturday night a big wind came trough here and Sunday morning I found a hell of a mess of scattered plastic.
    Took me three mornings to put it back...finished it this morning. Hoping for lighter winds the next six weeks.
    I have heard that things like that happen, not that it ever happened to me or anything.

Oh and just wait till someone gets to close to that poly with a mower, jus sayin.

I got a little too close to one of her outdoor rugs with the mower the other day and gnawed the corner off of it. Oops.

And just incase you thought I was kidding about the lizards earlier . . .

20200714_111821.jpg

This scene plays out several times a day, all over the house, and there are tiny baby lizards everywhere! Here I was worried about losing a bunch from the fumigation. Ha.

Those lizards have been watching you I think and the rug thing sounds kind of familiar.

Hey now! They didn't learn that maneuver from me, trust me. And if she noticed the rug she didn't mention it.

Just foolin with you my good friend.

Well, poo. I wrote a good morning post earlier, but apparently forgot to hit 'send'. Life in the fast lane. I was hustling out the door to get the new hearing aids. They're a trip.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Can you hear me now? Do I still need to shout? How much hearing loss did you have? Man I am nosy today huh?

Hey Fred, Lefty told me those things were deadly to cats, his cat bit ones tail off and got sick, he took the cat to the vet and the Vet told him the the cat would not live. Seems it is just a cat thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby of Tulsa View Post
    Can you hear me now? Do I still need to shout? How much hearing loss did you have? Man I am nosy today huh?
    Enough loss that carrying on conversations in crowed venues was getting tough. Figgered it was time... or allow myself to become socially isolated. Which, my sweetie assures me, accelerated cognitive decline. Lordy... I can't afford any more of THAT!!! <G>
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

It's close enough to Happy Hour I reckon I'll start pouring...

Have a safe trip, Fred...

You hever know what might happen when you sit down on a bar stool in a joint like this...

Mr.G with the aids you really need to up the hearing protection or it will do more damage to your hearing.

Howdy Glen I like that video, I watch it a lot.

My second fav.

That was such a good movie.

I noticed that, bad time for them.

How was your day Fred?

I made a pot of potato soup, with the help of my wife. I just don't do good cooking any more so I do all the prep work and then ask her to do the the seasoning and such. I am doing soft foods because I am trying to keep a temporary crown on till the 22nd. It has came off twice and the first time the dentist put it back, well that turned into a major event, The last time my wife went to the drug store and got some dental cement and put it back. So far better than what the dental assistant did.

I have lived here most of my life and the stupid still amazes me. Tomorrow the city council votes on whether Tulsans will have to wear a mask or not, on the news tonight a woman from some group said if it is a fight the Mayor wants he has got it. They will take this to court to fight it. You just can't fix stupid. He explained in his speech that the health dept and hospitals told him we need to do something. He also said I am just asking people to wear a mask, he said I could do an executive order and do a lock down but I am just asking people to help.

I am an Okie, Bobby. But it sure is hard to be proud of it most days...

Lightbulb Re: Byob !!!!!!

Lorain is one of the county's in Ohio under the mask law.
    Wear one in public or you can be fined or even jailed.
    This should be interesting.

Keep calm, persistence beats resistance.

Cool Re: Byob !!!!!!

Last edited by Domesticated_Mr. Know It All; 07-15-2020 at 12:01 AM.