Page 1617 of 1970 FirstFirst ... 6171117151715671607161616171618162716671717 ... LastLast
Results 56,561 to 56,595 of 68947

Thread: Byob !!!!!!

Lightbulb Re: Byob !!!!!!

Keep calm, persistence beats resistance.

Default Re: Byob !!!!!!

Shop locked up and chickens are all on the roost and secure for the night. Guess that about completes and other day in the land of Okies.
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

Cool Re: Byob !!!!!!

Some chicken music for Bobby.
    How's it goin?

Still goin Kevin, how are you doing?
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

Cool Re: Byob !!!!!!

I'm still alive and able to complain about it.
    My effin knee hurts and I'm limpin like Walter Brennan.

Evening Gents,

I was reading thru the bilge and wondered about that dude that lost the cat. Don't get me wrong I have bled tears over pets time and again. I just noticed some similarities and thought this was apropo.

northern Georgia, or Mississippi Delta USA

I've read a lot of references to Dutch, but don't remember any dealings with him. Probably mostly before my time here. I imagine he will be gone again when Scot gets up in the morning.

Curious as I am, Still gotta turn in.

Catalina, I was wondering about you today. You still in the city?

Coffee for me. Had one, feels like I could use another.

David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Garland, you gonna get in this movie? https://www.newson6.com/story/413239...wood-movie-set

Hi Fred.

Just goin today.

She has fun with it and that is worth a lot.

I think I will call it a night, I had about all this fun I can take for one day.

Willie isn't looking good.

Willie Nelson, Kacey Musgraves - "Rainbow Connection"

Carl Perkins w/ Rosanne Cash - Jackson

Gretchen Peters - The Matador

So in my fooling around hours I found some persimmons, I slice a few seeds open and they all show a spoon, the old folks say that will mean a wet winter for us. Just a need to know for you.

Morning All,

Rain is good. Keeps all the green things green around here. My meteorologist buddy is muttering about a higher than normal chance of snow here in the valley. I like snow. I just don't like driving with folks who don't know how to manage it. Already lots up on the mountain. The ski slope operators are happy. Interesting to see how it's changed over the years... both the weather, and the skiers. These days, more than half of the rigs head up the mountain have snowboards instead of skis.

Fired up the bbq last night for probably the last time this year. Mopped it down, turned everything off and tucked goodies away in the garage. When it dries off today, I'll slap the cover on. Kinda sad when that day comes every Fall.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Morning Mr.G, I removed the propane tank from my gas grill and took it up to my shop for the heater up there, The smoker is still waiting to see if I need it between now and Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby of Tulsa View Post
    Morning Mr.G, I removed the propane tank from my gas grill and took it up to my shop for the heater up there, The smoker is still waiting to see if I need it between now and Christmas.
    Forum went all wonky there for a few. Planning session today. Time to gather up all the scattered ends of the various thread of my life - immediate, short term, and long term - and arrange them in a sensible order.

Office chores. Errands to run. Shop projects. Dockside projects. Leads to follow up on. Bids to do. House projects. Things to do for the kids. Two business plans I should be working on. Doing research for a couple of imagined magazine articles. Walking. Jumping rope. SortaYoga stretches. And, of course, keeping everyone in line on the WBF <G>.

Speaking of which... GLEN, I think it's your day to keep the Tulsmanian Devil out of trouble!! <G>

Not enough time in the day. But I'm old enough, I'm determined to do it at a reasonable pace, and not make myself crazy trying to keep up with all the things I'd like to do. One immediate decision - do I go see a boat-related movie with one of my local boating groups... or play with the grandbabies... or do some of those other chores?

Hope everyone has a lovely day!
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

I guess Glen has found something to do to keep him outta trouble and the forum is kinda goofy this morning.

Dawdlin' service really is a pain.

Whachu been up to all day? I got some planning done. Most importantly, we negotiated how the grandbabies are gonna split their time between two grandparent's houses on T'giving... and started with menu planning. So far, we have commitments for Turkey & dressing (me) and Pies (darling d-i-l). Now it's just filling in some of less important niches <G>
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Well I found a recipe for chicken and dumplings I thought I would try before the big day. I thought the cooking time was a bit much but it is the recipe so don't go messin with things. Well the dumplings turned into thickening, so I added some noodles and now it will be cream of chicken noodle soup.

Lightbulb Re: Byob !!!!!!

I went to a funeral for an old childhood and family friend today.
    We were in the Boy Scouts together.
    He was an Army Veteran and retired a union steelworker.
    When I was a bartender/bouncer in my younger days, he was my favorite customer.
    He'd help me throw the trouble makers out the door.
    He was huge and scary lookin and twice as crazy as me.
    He'd always say "Ya gotta be tough if you're gonna be stupid".
    A toast to our old friends gone too soon.

Where the heck is Glen and Kevin? Maybe Fred will show up with some of that stuff you guys drink.

Oops sorry Kevin.

Too old friends, they are getting scarce.

May be Curt or Catalina person will show up and have some herbal stuff to share.

Back in the day I had lots of friends, when I was useful. Now the only friends I have are my wife, two girls and my son in law and a few on this forum I call friend. I don't know that they think the same of me but it gets me by.

Hey Bobby! Hope you are well and good, Sir, and that things are good over there in Tulsa town. We were over there on Tuesday to hear Tedeschci Trucks over at the Brady. Their opener was a band from Memphis called Southern Avenue. Good stuff!
    Last edited by garland reese; 11-16-2019 at 08:26 PM.

Hi Garland, today has been much better than the last few and thanks for caring. I posted a day or so ago and ask if that movie was gonna have you in it. It is the one being filmed in Guthrie.