Page 1616 of 1924 FirstFirst ... 6161116151615661606161516161617162616661716 ... LastLast
Results 56,526 to 56,560 of 67324

Thread: Byob !!!!!!

Default Re: Byob !!!!!!

Morning All,

Should be sunny today. Always welcome.

David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Morning David.
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby of Tulsa View Post
    Morning David.
    Morning you. Working on lures today, or is it now too cold?
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

It is a bit cold, but I have to work on my chicken pen after the sun warms things up a bit. I have to wrap it in visqueen or poly as Lefty would correct me to say. The Leftster says I have the most spoiled chickens in the state.
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

It is a bit cold, but I have to work on my chicken pen after the sun warms things up a bit. I have to wrap it in visqueen or poly as Lefty would correct me to say. The Leftster says I have the most spoiled chickens in the state.
    Ya gots to EAT 'em before they spoil!!! <G>
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

These birds are not for eats, they be my babies.

This dang forum is gettin on my last nerve.

northern Georgia, or Mississippi Delta USA

My sister said she got a bit of an ice storm the other day and it broke the tie wraps holding up the poly tarp over her chicken run. She is probably working on that today. There is a blizzard of yellow leaves falling here today.

Cool Re: Byob !!!!!!

That's right fella's, I got a big ole pot gut.
    What I really need, is a woman with a strong back, for shoveling snow.
    Any coffee left?

Last edited by Domesticated_Mr. Know It All; 11-13-2019 at 11:56 AM. Reason: tryin to find my windshield scraper.
    Keep calm, persistence beats resistance.

Hey Kevin, what you been up to?

Hibernating.
    Haven't been outside in two days.
    I really need to take the garbage out.
    How bout you?
    Stayin warm?

I am doin ok, Warm is no problem for me. I spent the last hour on my riding mower mowing up all the leaves, it is in the upper thirties and before I finished I was thinkin I should have put on a jacket and some gloves. Oh well back in now and the beer is doin what it does.

The Chili is done, it just needs a little something. Like two pounds of meat maybe. I could never be a veggie person.

Bless your heart Fred, I am happy for you. I know it takes a lot of will power to do what you are doing..

northern Georgia, or Mississippi Delta USA

Carl Perkins, George Harrison, Eric Clapton - Medley - 9/9/1985

I guess the Florida guy is learning to sleep in. Not much early morning noise from down his way. Morning guys.
    You should know that All the Noise(s) in Florida resides 3 hours north of here. Which, I guess could be considered "down (t)his way".

Morning, all. I managed to survive my first week of living with sis 1 and sis 2. So far so good. I've all but been relieved of kitchen detail and supply Sargent duties have been cut in half. For the time being I've been designated 'head painter' and sis 2 has taken point, staying out in front of me scrubbing walls and door casings. She's a really hard worker and has given this project the shot in the ass it needed.

I actually painted the head yesterday and upgraded fixtures and switches. (Hear that, Plessner?) The master bedroom is next, then the hall which connects the 3 refinished rooms, essentially half of the house. Between the three of us, and a couple handymen we hired for a day to fill in wall shaker holes and a couple heater grates, this place is shaping up quickly. We've settled into our routines and, with occasional huddles, we just get after what needs doing. Having all this help has taken away the feeling that I'm trying to outrun a freight train in bare feet. Seeing real progress in such short time is quite gratifying.

Life is short, play with your cougar.

Morning Curtis, you are right about the Noyes up north of you, But I was speaking about a suthen Florida guy.

Oh, I see. Not sleeping in much lately because I hit the rack so early. They're wearing me out.. Rising early affords me a little more quiet time.

Quiet time is good and you have time to plan an escape route in case you may need a break.

It will be daylight here in about an hour and I will go do my morning chore of tending my birds.

Yeap, plan and add items to my bug-out bag should things get hairy. I have 2 sheds on the compound for a quick retreat and a neighbor offered some more concealed shelter, should I need it. And of course I'm stocked up on produce. I'm good.

Way to go Curty.

Well my woman thought the sweet potato and black bean chili was great, of course everything like that needs cheese and sour cream on it for her taste.

Morning All,

200 pounds? Is that even legal for a guy to be under 200 pounds???
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Quote Originally Posted by David G View Post
    Morning All,

200 pounds? Is that even legal for a guy to be under 200 pounds???
    Morning Mr.G, I bet ol Fred don't even have a shadow anymore.

I was wondering the same thing. Glleeeeeeennnnnnn!!!
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Hey David, Life goes on here. How you doin?

Hey David, Life goes on here. How you doin?
    Doing good. Lunch time here. Kung Pao chicken on quinoa. I've got two New Boat projects I'm working up estimates for. That's always fun. And one potential client making those kinda noises. And my darling d-i-l says she'll be by after work to drop off a care package of chocolate chip muffins. Oh, and it's dry enough that I can fire up the bbq (probably for the last time this year) for some burgers this evening. Life is good.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

. .

A Burger would hit the spot right now.

Wait! There's a season when grilling ends in Oregano? Pfft!! I'd pack up and move!

Had a nice 2 hour nap today. All this scurrying around like a 30 year old is catching up to me.

My grill has 3 inches of snow on it right now.