Page 1606 of 1642 FirstFirst ... 60611061506155615961605160616071616 ... LastLast
Results 56,176 to 56,210 of 57448

Thread: Byob !!!!!!

Default Re: Byob !!!!!!

Since I can't do a lot I try to find things that kinda keep me busy. I paint lures when it is not to hot in my shop, In the winter I do all kinds of stuff. I have some of those looms and I make hats and scarfs from yarn. I made one and sent it to my friend Curtis, I think he likes it. It is his team colors. This year I think it will be pink ones for breast cancer. One year I made a bunch of pink para cord braclets and gave them away.
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

northern Georgia, or Mississippi Delta USA

Hi. I went out and put about 10 miles in on the bike.

Coffee is good this morning...the shot of Wild Turkey helps?
    The sky is a rich salmon color in the east. Time to get over to the garden.
    Have a good day dear friends!

A forecast high of 84 today. Low humidity, a breeze blowing leaves off the walnut trees. It finally is starting to feel like fall here in north Georgia.

Afternoon folks, I will have a jar of Mezcal, a Shiner Bock and a double shot of oxygen please.
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

Good to see you here you ole oxygen junkie.
    Your Mezcal and Shiner Bock is on the bar alongside my own. Enjoy!

Not moving so fast today Glen, but I am still on top of the ground or so it seems.

I figgered you were having one of your patented Bobvy days...sorry my friend!

Giving kids booze to settle them down. Those were the days!

I sure do have some fun days let me tell you.

Bad parenting, Tom...even felonious parenting!

Back in my teens Trvarski, we called it TV was the vodka of choice. Cherry, lime, lemon, orange and grape. I think this is where Nyquil got it's start. The cherry was prolly the best. It worked well with coke and the girls really liked it. None of it tasted like any of the names it was just that color. Teenagers what do they know or care for that matter.

Hi Garland.

Hey Bobby! Hey, I will have to ask my Mother if she remembers the Casa Loma dance hall in Tulsa.

Good afternoon, everyone. A little slow on the job search, but I'm still upbeat.
    Geez, a day and a half without Bobby gets me worrying - don't do that to me, young man!

Here's a tune for you - Entre Ses Bras (live) Cécile Corbel & Pomme

"We all have a gift, Frank. Yours will reveal itself. Eventually."

Hi Fred, things are ganging up on me, I am here till I am not and I totally agree with Lefty's Grandpa, That wich does not kill ya, does not kill ya. It sure as heck wears you down let me be the first to tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by garland reese View Post
    Hey Bobby! Hey, I will have to ask my Mother if she remembers the Casa Loma dance hall in Tulsa.
    It was a pretty popular place I think, all the older folks talked about it, the Weekend place to go. Strange how time changes things, That was a big amusment park and Dance hall in the late 40s early fiftys it died off and in the early 60s they cleared it out and made a shopping center out of it. We had a Safeway, Tg&y Otasco, Anthony's, Frougs and Tony's Shoe and repair store. Then came Southland and South roads Mall and it just died off. They are working on renewing old rt 66 but I don't see it happening in this part of town.

Bobby, I've always hated that stupid "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger" bullsh!t. It just didn't kill you... this time, is how I see it.

When I was a youngun, there was no I44 or I 75 or I244. The old rt66 what is now called SW boulevard came from Olahoma City and went through the old west Tulsa which by the Way That new fangled I44 killed then you went up what they called heavy traffic street to 11th sreet all the way through town till it connected back to Higway33 that went east and turned back to rt 66.

I'm on the first day of my 'Alternate-day' diet. So far today I've had two soft boiled eggs and two cups of coffee. Doesn't seem too hard - I just remind myself that today's the off day, and tomorrow I can eat what I want. I don't feel any hunger at all, but we'll see how it goes moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Z View Post
    Bobby, I've always hated that stupid "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger" bullsh!t. It just didn't kill you... this time, is how I see it.
    You got that right Fred

I'm on the first day of my 'Alternate-day' diet. So far today I've had two soft boiled eggs and two cups of coffee. Doesn't seem too hard - I just remind myself that today's the off day, and tomorrow I can eat what I want. I don't feel any hunger at all, but we'll see how it goes moving forward.
    When I make up my mind to do such things, no matter what I have told anyone else, I remind myself, To thine own self be true. You are doing this for you and that's what matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby of Tulsa View Post
    When I make up my mind to do such things, no matter what I have told anyone else, I remind myself, To thine own self be true. You are doing this for you and that's what matters.
    You're right, Bobby. I just got to the point where I realized most of my physical and emotional problems are tied to this 40 extra pounds I've piled on myself. Time to change all that. Only thing is, I feel stupid for letting things go this long. Can't change the past though, so move on.

You got it Fred, the past is just that.

You're right, Bobby. I just got to the point where I realized most of my physical and emotional problems are tied to this 40 extra pounds I've piled on myself. Time to change all that. Only thing is, I feel stupid for letting things go this long. Can't change the past though, so move on.
    My youngest is there now, in her teens a size one dress was to big for her and now I don't know. She sits at a desk all day eats fast food all the time and let's just say she is blooming.

I gotta go lock stuff up gather eggs and then I think I will crash, later if I make it my friends.

Here's a tune for you - Entre Ses Bras (live) Cécile Corbel & Pomme
    Very nice. Is that 12/8 time?

I'm waiting for Ken Burns to come on. Going to make my new favorite. Don't know what to call it.

Shot 'o Bourbon
    dash of Triple Sec
    a hefty amount of lemon juice, a least half a shot glass
    on the rocks

So, kind of a bourbon lemon margarita on the rocks. Make you squint your eyes, ooowhee.

Very good made with good bourbon and Cointreau.
    Trust me to defend the Constitution just as soon as I'm sure you're going to vote for me again.

From my perspective, Patsy Cline’s vocal recording of “Crazy” , might never be topped.

Really enjoying the Ken Burns series. A very good overview of country music. Just finished watching tonight’s installment. Very good. I enjoyed the very small tidbit of Jim Reeves. That era kinda changed the way country music was produced. Mr. Atkins was so intuitive. Looking forward to the next ones in the series. I grew up on the 60s and 70s country music.

That is a great song. I have it on CD. I'm still watching episode 4.

Ruthie Foster - Ring of Fire

G'day all, glorious spring day here. I need sunscreen today and two days ago it was 4C.
    Hope you are all doing OK, I note a few posters with problems developing recently. Damn ol age catching up.

Just finished that episode.

The only health issue I have so far is I'm fat - like eight months pregnant. But, I'm working on it.

Louane - On était beau (Version Acoustique)

Kind of the first fall feeling day here in Georgia. At my place in Mississippi it was still summer with a high of 98f.