Page 1588 of 1996 FirstFirst ... 5881088148815381578158715881589159816381688 ... LastLast
Results 55,546 to 55,580 of 69830

Thread: Byob !!!!!!

Default Re: Byob !!!!!!

Hey Kevin, hows life goin for you?
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

"para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

Hi Fred, have you had a good weekend off so far?.

I sure miss a lot of the folks that used to hang out here, I guess they all grew up and moved away or something like that. This place is kind of a security blanket for me. When I am not real sure what is going on in my head it seems I can always find a friend here.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Z View Post
    It's been okay. Bobby. I'm down to 219, so 15 pounds in five weeks.
    Spent some time today gathering chestnuts (along with the tree rats). I've decided to work with them, instead of against them. They knock down burrs I can't reach, and I pull them apart to get the nuts out. They eat some, and I grab some. I've got 86 so far, and I figure to get another 40 - 50 tomorrow.
    At our house - it's been harvesting kiwi before the hard frost. They're almost all still green, but they ripen fine off the vine. Maybe two 5=gal. buckets worth so far, with a bit more waiting.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

She is a sweet sound to my ears.

Cool Re: Byob !!!!!!

I've been consumed with medical stuff and getting my truck ready for winter.
    I should be fishing.
    Today is cold and windy and the lake is kinda rough.
    Tomorrow should be better.
    Monday I start painting the front porch.

Keep calm, persistence beats resistance.

Evening Gman, how ya be?

Kevin, isn't it a bit cool for painting up your way? More like fishin weather I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby of Tulsa View Post
    Evening Gman, how ya be?
    As handsome as ever... and twice as modest!

The youngest son was here most of the afternoon. Helping clean up some of the mess in the yard and sort things - now that the arborists are done (except for stump grinding). I cut up some scraps for firewood. We talked about The Plan moving forward. Next step is to get the landscape designer back, now that things are cleared out a bunch, and now that we all (esp. my sweetie) can see a cleaner palette.

Those boys are a big help. The older is coming over tomorrow afternoon for some more of the same. The younger will probably come over too, if he gets all his homework done. That means I get to teach both of the babies how to operate a Sawzall. That 'bad influence' thing... it's NOT just an honorary title. <G>
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Z View Post
    I was going to say those kiwis are a pain in the butt to eat - what with the fuzzy skin and all. Then I realized what a pain in the ass it is to harvest, prepare, roast, and peel the chestnuts. Kiwis are probably a whole lot easier.
    Not hard. I just quarter them and eat like orange sections - leaving the skin for the compost bucket. Which is fitting... as kiwis - while having their own distinct and delicious taste - do remind me just a bit of citrus.

I know people that scuff off all the fuzz and eat them whole. Now THAT sounds like work. And if you miss a spot? Ewwwwww!!!
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Thumbs up Re: Byob !!!!!!

A couple of hours. the next few days, will be warm enough for the paint to dry.
    It will take many coats.

Last edited by Domesticated_Mr. Know It All; 10-12-2019 at 07:34 PM.

I have et fuzzy things and it was not so Ewww. We are talkin peaches right?

Quote Originally Posted by Domesticated_Mr. Know It All View Post
    A couple of hours. the next few days, will be warm enough for the paint to dry.
    It will take many coats.
    I'm only good for short periods on my knees anyway.
    For get the on the knees thing, I got about two minutes till the cramps and tears start.

I have et fuzzy things and it was not so Ewww. We are talkin peaches right?
    Sure... if that's the way you want to play it...

Was it messy enough you had to eat it over the sink?
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

I guess you could if you wanted, or in the yard or, or , or. Give me a minute I will think of another place or five.

A need to or want to know thing. Do you like the Carolina vinegar bbq sauce, the southerner sweet sauce or the Alabama white bbq sauce?

I have never had the white sauce just read about it. Maybe an Alabama person will say something about it.

A need to or want to know thing. Do you like the Carolina vinegar bbq sauce, the southerner sweet sauce or the Alabama white bbq sauce?
    In JUST that order, with the white sauce a distant third.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

So you have tried the white? What is it like?

I guess I better make a fresh pot of coffee since I had the last cup. Cold beers and Bloody Marys for those that need a jump start this morning.

Dang these feetball weekends must be hard on oldfarts.

It's still baseball season as far as I'm concerned.
    Another cuppa coffee won't kill me.
    What's on the brunch menu eh?

Last edited by Domesticated_Mr. Know It All; 10-13-2019 at 08:50 AM.

I hoped you was cookin this morning.How are you Kevin?

northern Georgia, or Mississippi Delta USA

I left Helena a bit too early last night. I forgot that Alice Hasen was performing after Rachel Ammons. I saw Alice and said hello. She doesn't know me at all. I saw her play with Razorblade, Heather, Lee and Walt once and asked Heather later who she was. She is an extremely beautiful young lady

Alice Hasen and Heather.jpg

Cider and donuts will have to hold us until I can whip up something better.

Morning All,

We slept in this morning after our day of yard work, firewood moving. Still calling for another day or three of dry. I can use it.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Morning David. Kevin that will do.

Kevin.... I LOVE YOU maaaaannnn!!!
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Bobby, are you watching this race at Talladega? This is some of the ballsiest bump drafting lap after lap that I’ve ever seen. Especially this early in the race.
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Got it on.

Damn I am gettin old, who are all these kids driving these cars? Are they even old enough to drive?

Fred I got a glass of Kevin's cider, maybe a shot of your rum will go with it.

Fergit the rum, Mezcal showed up.

I wonder what that Chris Woodward dude is up to, he may be snowed in.