Page 1575 of 1884 FirstFirst ... 5751075147515251565157415751576158516251675 ... LastLast
Results 55,091 to 55,125 of 65910

Thread: Byob !!!!!!

northern Georgia, or Mississippi Delta USA

Default Re: Byob !!!!!!

Morning. I was looking at one of the old threads in the archive that Fred posted the link to. Kevin was the only person on the thread still here under the same name. That thread was from 2002.

Doing well, Bobby. 10 more days and the cure for my batcheloritis arrives at TIA.

How's your day goi g?

Life is short, play with your cougar.

Good morning Jimmy. I have been here along time and only one name change when I begged Scot to change it because everyone thought I was that bbbs from oregone and would say nasty stuff too and about me.
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

Hey Curt so far not tooo bad. Are you about caught up on your chores?
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

Heck no! I may never be caught up.

Life is short, play with your cougar.

I was lurking here for a long time before joining. For quite a while I only read in upper decks and stayed out of the Bilge. I remember being happy when Scot changed it so the Bilge posts didn't show up when clicking on New Posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Curtism View Post
    Good morning, guys. Welcome back David! Y'old reprobate.
    Good morning from one old reprobate to another <G>

Tulsy - my sweetie was just grumbling about how I was up at 5:30, waking up the household. I normally wake up on my own at 6, but today it was a little early. So it goes. I was able to start some laundry, put away the clean dishes, water the outdoor hanging plants, and sketch out a little shelf I want to build for the bathroom before she rolled out.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

David, I made myself stay in bed till 1:30, I get up turn my Cpap machine off pull the bedroom door shut turn my oxygen machine off and head for the coffee pot.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby of Tulsa View Post
    David, I made myself stay in bed till 1:30, I get up turn my Cpap machine off pull the bedroom door shut turn my oxygen machine off and head for the coffee pot.
    I don't think any of us can match your wake-up time. Thank goodness. I just wish you could get more sleep. Getting too little, as you well know, is tough on a body. The coffee pot helps...
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Appalachian Road Show - Milwaukee Blues

Fred when I wake up, if I try to stay in bed every bad or embarrassing thing that I have ever had happen floods my mind. I have learned it is so much better to feel tired than torment myself for past sins.

Thank you Fred.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Z View Post
    I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive yourself, my friend. I think you're worth it. ❤️
    Boy Howdy!

Just finished my real breakfast. One fried egg, and one slice of toasted good bread with a schmear of pesto my sweetie made to get more familiar with the new food processor.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

If you guys keep up this tea thing Syed might hang out here more. I remember a way back when, could have been in the old pub. He said he was a Tea totaler.

Maybe Syed will recomend some tea and how he makes it.

In the third grade at a little country school our teacher, who I guess had been around this old world some Mrs. Downs was her name. Had a tea party for us one morning, she introduced us to teas that were basically unheard of in our little world. She also taught us to play soccer and some classical dance stuff. It seems my speel checker has checked out, Help.

That was after a few googles. Sometimes my tongue gets over my eye teeth and I can't see what I am sayin or writin.

I really depend on that little red line anymore.

You got all the answers my friend.

I guess I might as well fess up, at about twenty years old in a bar my jaw met a pool cue, since then tmj has been a real problem, chewing gum just makes it worse. I have not always been this kind gentle creature you know now.

That little incident cost me a broken cheek, broken nose and two black eyes and my eyballs stayed blood red for at least a month, But I must say I would call it a draw on the score card. He lost some teeth and needed a few stitches when it was over. Met him a gain a while after that at the same bar, he said are you looking for more of me? I said nah, just came to buy you a beer.

Glen should retell the broken nose story and his time as a movie star.

That was kinda my thinkin Fred. It seemed that all the big tough guys always singled me out, being young and stupid did not help me out all that much.

One night back around high school. A bunch of my friends got mad at another bunch of guys. A friend that I still talk to every now and then had been taught to box by his father who had been a high ranking welterweight boxer. My friend walked up to the car full of the other guys with a tire tool in his hand and dared anyone to get out. A guy that we didn't know said "I'll get out if you throw that tire tool down." So my friend put down the tire tool and the other guy starts coming out from the back seat of the two door car. While the guy was still trying to get out of the car, my friend started punching him in the face and it didn't seem to bother the guy at all. My friend said he realized then that he had made a mistake. We found out later that the other guy was a state Golden Gloves champ.

That happen some times Jimmy. Slam the door on their head or break their knee as they get out. If they are willing to get out and fight you know you are in deep doo doo.

Cool Re: Byob !!!!!!

You guys needs some brownies.

Last edited by Domesticated_Mr. Know It All; 09-29-2019 at 05:08 PM.
    Keep calm, persistence beats resistance.

Hey Kevin, we been thinkin about you, you ok?

Thumbs up Re: Byob !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby of Tulsa View Post
    Hey Kevin, we been thinkin about you, you ok?

I'm OK, I'm in West Virginia campin in the hills.
    Limited internet and such.
    Headed back to Lorain tomorrow.

Good for you Kevin. We luvs ya man.

Careful Fred.

I just have to play that one once in a while. Forty some years ago in south Texas I knew a couple of guys that were just like that. What a good time that was.

Glen, Where are you? You should be home from Church by now.

Good to see you Kevin.

One of my roommates in college was 6 foot 6", and a sometimes rugby player. Carl always said that if anybody was mad enough to fight someone as big as him, he didn't want to mess with them.

Katy Guillen & The Girls- The Load

Smile Re: Byob !!!!!!

Howdy Jimmy.