Page 1565 of 1883 FirstFirst ... 5651065146515151555156415651566157516151665 ... LastLast
Results 54,741 to 54,775 of 65882

Thread: Byob !!!!!!

Default Re: Byob !!!!!!

This vid reminded me of this place. We all seem to be enjoying ourselves.

Those two kids remind me of bobbys and md Fn h...heheh!

Hey Jimmy. The Cain’s is a neat old icon of the Tulsa Downtown. My Mom and Dad used to go there back in the 50s to see guys like Ray Price and Bob’s brother, Johnnie Lee Wills and his Western Swing band. My Wife and I have been there a couple times in recent years. We saw Kacy Musgraves there a few years ago. Nobody dances anymore, since the crowds are usually large and it’s standing room only. But the history is still there on the walls.

Morning Garland, many famous names have play and sang there. A lot of histoty for sure.
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

About a mile north of where my wife works is the old rt.66 and in the 50s there was an amusment park with a dance hall called Casa Loma, I wonder if your folks ever went there? The place is long gone and a dried up old shopping center and an abandoned bowling alley now stand in its place. Crystal City was and is the the name of the place. They had the original Zingo roller coaster at that park.
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

Good morning, all.

The last time herself was here for a visit, one of my duties of a morning (while she slept in her California time zone) was to think up a list of sights to show her. Once she awoke, I read off the list of choices for her to choose from. One morning, the last item on the list was a boardwalk. She selected that without hesitation.

That afternoon I took her to a nearby nature preserve that features a 3 mile long elevated dock that winds through the mangroves, swamps and bayous. It was hot out so we ducked into a museum at the trailhead which features stories and artifacts of native american tribes that inhabited the area eons ago. There's a 40' dugout canoe on display, 1000 or so years old, that they dug from the nearby swamp a few years back, all of which I find fascinating.

Herself, on the other hand, was deeply disappointed. It was in the mid 90s and sunny, she was not dealing well with the heat and we retreated to the air conditioned car after a couple hundred feet of the trail.

My last trip out there she drove my by an amusement park in Santa Cruz, complete with ferris wheel, roller coaster, food booths and arcades. To set the record straight, she informed me that on her planet, "THAT is a boardwalk"! lol

Life is short, play with your cougar.

That's too bad Curtis, one of my favorite Tampa afternoons was wandering around Weedon island nature preserve.
    Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business.
    TOM ROBBINS, Even Cowgirls Get the Blues

That's the place, Switters! I love the history there, and marvel at how societies survived off the local bounties, and without screens or a/c.

We partied out there on weekends as kids and I've done a bunch of exploring the miles of marked canoe trails and fishing out there in later years. Love that area!

Cool, didn't realize we were talking about the same place, I dont remember the historic canoe. It would be great to get my paddleboard down there but I dont have anything under contract in the Tampa area and have not for a while.
    Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business.
    TOM ROBBINS, Even Cowgirls Get the Blues

Well, should you happen down this way, give me a shout. We'll go check it out.

The canoe is a relatively new exhibit, 8 or so years. It's probably 50-60% in tact. Given its age, its amazing they found that much of it. They say it was the cargo ship of their day and was used to trade goods with other tribes along the coast.

Salt and pepper Curt, I hope it works for you.

northern Georgia, or Mississippi Delta USA

Curtis, why does Weedon island have all those separate blocks. Is that the result of a failed real estate project?

Clipboard01.jpg

Im not sure what that is, Jimmy. You can't see it from the ground. In the early 1900s a guy settled the area and eventually built the first airport here. He may have had plans for a subdivision. He built a few homes there and the place dried up when they built a new "modern" airport downtown, the St Pete Municipal. Its where the first commercial air flight happened, from Tampa to here. Look up Demen's Landing.

I don't see it in the pic but there was a big hangar out in the woods there. Years ago the city used it to store parade floats.

Florida, Texas gulf coast folks are of a different mind set about the ocean and beach front.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Z View Post
    Kinda looks like a patch of alligator skin.

To be fair, Curtis, when I read boardwalk, I thought of this:
    Aha, the kind of place you go under with a blanket and my baby. I'll catch on. I'll have to see if any of the cities on the other coast of Fl has one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby of Tulsa View Post
    Salt and pepper Curt, I hope it works for you.
    It will. I'm open to some variety.

Well I guess I will have to do this.

A Texas beach.

Another one.

Dangit Fred I replied to you and forgot to hit the post thingy. Hi to you and hope this was a good day for you.

Quote Originally Posted by bluedog225 View Post
    This vid reminded me of this place. We all seem to be enjoying ourselves.

Worth a repeat.

I just have to laugh every time I think of Tom's video. Thank you sir for making my day better.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby of Tulsa View Post
    Well I guess I will have to do this.
    Thanks for taking up the slack around here, Bobby! Have a beer!

Thanks Curt, I wish you was here buddy.

Me to, pal. We'd need more beer. I know how we are when the bs starts flying.

Ya know that Tom is one tough Texican, that thing he did would kill an ordinary man but he is out hunting varments in his attic.So here is a Shiner bock for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Curtism View Post
    Me to, pal. We'd need more beer. I know how we are when the bs starts flying.
    Bs and beer that is about all I got left my friend.

northern Georgia, or Mississippi Delta USA

An old newspaper article on Weedon Island https://news.google.com/newspapers?n...,5072587&hl=en

It seems there were several attempts to develop it.

Hi Jimmy.

Seeing seanz in here yesterday made me think of this song. He liked the song and I think it's my favorite Townes song.

I miss Seanz.

Thanks. Not feeling quite so tough. Doc visit didn't go as I'd hoped. Another 4 weeks in the back brace and reevaluate. Could be worse but I'm tired of being sidelined. Stuff needs doing.

I wish you well sir, I know all to well about the boredom and needing to be busy.

Good for you Fred.