Page 1543 of 1774 FirstFirst ... 5431043144314931533154215431544155315931643 ... LastLast
Results 53,971 to 54,005 of 62076

Thread: Byob !!!!!!

Default Re: Byob !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby of Tulsa View Post
    Here have a shot of this Monte Alban.
    at least it's not herradura
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Do you even drink Mezcal?
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

Do you even drink Mezcal?
    isn't all agave tequila mezcal?

i've had it labeled as mezcal, but generally no i haven't drank it much, and not all recently

what should i be looking for bobby? i'll go find a bottle. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    isn't all agave tequila mezcal?

i've had it labeled as mezcal, but generally no i haven't drank it much, and not all recently

what should i be looking for bobby? i'll go find a bottle. . .
    All Mezcal is Tequila, not all Tequila is Mezcal. The worm and scorpion are bottom shelf if you can find better go for that, Mezcal has a smokey flavor that is totally different from Tequila. To much Tequila you are drunk, To much Mezcal, You are closer to God.
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

You drink a good Mezcal or Tequila just like any good liquor. You do not do shots, pour a glass slice up citrus of your choice, a sip or two and a bite of the citrus and so on. I have a friend that sez if I go into someones house and there is no limes or lemons or oranges on the table I won't go back again. Prolly why he hasn't been here in a while.

I suggest Paul keep some distance between himself and God for awhile...heheh
    Caution, take some time to sip it slowly straight up without lime or salt to enjoy the unique flavor...don't waste it in a Margarita.
    I think you will love it!

The first time I ever got drunk, and I mean it was areal good drunk was on tequila, or perhaps mezcal, per your definition.

My father had been working in Mexico for a few months, designing some kind of welding process to well the coupling onto drill pipe on oil rigs out in the field. He an my mom had a bar in the house, stocked, they were pretty proud of it and the parties they threw that surrounded it. Anyways he brought back a case of 'tequila' from Mexico. I was about twelve years old. I remember they opened of this stuff at a party once, made one drink and the the bottle was returned to the case box and never touched again.

Three years later I was in love with my neighbor, we had grown up together since age four. Her last name and my last name were the closest in the alphabet of anybody in our school class, so we sat in front or behind each other in every class, our parents drove us to school, or we rode the bus together, we were in all the same extra curricular clubs and activities other than sports. We were very rural so hung out with each other all summer every summer. I had just fallen for her hard. She didn't love me, not romantically, not then at least.

Anyways, her parents were divorced and her mom was traveling out of town for night, just after we each turned fifteen. I was gonna spend the night. I stole a bottle of that tequila from my parents bar. Holy **** dude we got drunk, drinking shot and chasing it with Country Time Lemonade. Drunk, and then violently sick. . .

We both started drinking beer together a few months later.

Anyways that tequila was clear, it was very cheap, I remember with the exchange rate figuring out it was like $1.75 a fifth, and it had that work in it,m which I ate to show of my fifteen year old no hair on my chest manliness.

Pretty sure it was that worm that made me throw up.

Just after college, I swore off hard liquor, too many fraternity parties and too many tequila shots and too much drinking tequila straight out of the bottle. Almost always Cuervo Gold, so not even real tequila much less good tequila. All I drank for years was beer, and the very occasional shot of bourbon when camping on some river bank with my mentors and betters while fishing. Man did I throw in with a great bunch of older guys, mostly vets, vietnam era or so, that camped and fished and taught me how to be a river rat, run trot lines, clean and fry and eat squealers. They mostly shared a bottle of Wild Turkey around the campfires. I had to share that.

Then one night ten years gone by at a Mexican restaurant I had a real high end margarita, and few shots of real tequila brought out by the Mexican owner of the restaurant, and there I was back drinking liquor and back drinking the liquor that had turned me off of liquor.

Good liquor is, well good. The cheaper stuff is hangoverville or just a cheap drunk or both.

I really just mostly stick to cheap beer any more, hard liquor and my meds just don't go real well together and even as the drinkin person I am, being sick and crazy are not high on my list of things to do. I know I should not be an enabler, so I apologize.

Ok, I got crazy for a second there. https://www.gq.com/story/the-best-mezcal-under-50

This song makes me sad, not a woman I lost but but my mind.

thank you bobby, glad you came back to your senses quickly
    you’re the best enabler that i know

I try Mr.Pless really I do.

For the Gman.

So now we will see who is the boss in my house. I have found a young Blue Tick hound that is up for adoption, wife sez we talked about this already. Yes we did and she could be right, but wants and needs man.

Who could not love that boy?

Hey Fred, Good to see you in here. Bob is in a messed up state of mind. Got some things I need to do but what the hell who cares.

Kinda funny how things work, Lefty sent me some really good citrus honey from his hive. It almost killed me. The agave nectar from the store seems to be ok. Let me tell ya, if you like good honey get with that Florida boy.

Hey Bobby, I just ran across this pic of the Cotswalds, in Central England. It reminded me of the parts of Oklahoma I just visited a few weeks ago. When I was there I stayed in Bartlesville and was working in Caney, Kansas. On my way home, for a change of pace I drove through Miami, and then up towards Joplin, then down through Arkansas to Memphis. This pic reminds me of the area around Miami a great deal. I'm sure its a very different climate. Beautiful though, and I found the parts of Oklahoma I was in this time beautiful too.

cotswalds.jpg

Northeastern Oklahoma is known as green country, My wife has family in Bartlesville .
    Last edited by Bobby of Tulsa; 08-30-2019 at 05:51 AM.

Oh and you do know in Okie speek that is MiamA Ok.

Northeastern Oklahoma
    I've been there a dozen times now maybe. At first I was shocked, but now am amused, every time I pass the Batfish.

The guy that came with me this time had never been and I eagerly awaited his reaction. He didn't let me down. It is something to see out in the middle of nowhere.

Lefty's was from lemon trees and anyone that tasted it just said wow.

Bartlesville was so frikking hot this time. I didn't get done working until late and by the time I got back to the hotel and had a shower it was after nine o'clock. We walked from the hotel to a local Mexican joint and I about wilted. So much pavement and the heat soak was unbelievable, even in the middle of the night.

i skipped the tequila for tonight and am having a lemonade

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    I've been there a dozen times now maybe. At first I was shocked, but now am amused, every time I pass the Batfish.

The guy that came with me this time had never been and I eagerly awaited his reaction. He didn't let me down. It is something to see out in the middle of nowhere.
    The Batfish is aways south of Bartlesville.

Been up since midnight last night, think I will see what the night has in store for me. I talked to Glen a little while ago and that made life better. This song just popped in my head.

I can't tell you how much that phone call from Glen meant to me, Bless you my Friend.

as much as i want to go back to sleep, it'd be pointless to lay ion bed tossing and turning for another hour

dammit

Morning Paul, My power just came back on so I am a little slow getting here this morning. When I wake up I just get up, no need in flipping and flopping trying to go back to sleep. Well I got coffee made and it is just a little chewy. Kevin will think it should be watered down some.

the stouter the better
    i can water it down with cream or whiskey as necessary

Lots of thunder and lightning out there this morning, not raining all that much and no wind to speak of, maybe we will get a cool down for a day or so.

Well I just figgered out it is Friday, another week of wasted oxygen. I guess there is some reason I am still here, I mean who would bug the heck out of my wife and girls if I was out of here.