Page 1534 of 1887 FirstFirst ... 5341034143414841524153315341535154415841634 ... LastLast
Results 53,656 to 53,690 of 66019

Thread: Byob !!!!!!

Default Re: Byob !!!!!!

I figgered you were busy some place.
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

Morning All,

Another 'sleep in' morning. Guess I'm still recovering from last weekend's boating shindig. Lots of walking. Lots of standing. A bit of dancing. Tons of yakking. Climbing in & out of a bevy of boats. Rowing several. Playing bocce ball with a mob of kids - with a lighted set - into the night.

Get a project coming up where I'll need to set up and fettle the spar lathe... and get a dedicated sharpening station set up for the lathe tools. Think I got it figured out y'day which grinder, which wheels, and which jigs.

Gonna be some outdoor work at the shop today. Perfect weather for it - mid 70's. Yaaaayyyyyy!!!

Hope everyone has a great day.

David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

northern Georgia, or Mississippi Delta USA

A bit nicer here today. No excessive heat warning. Supposed to be going to 90, but only 83 now and was completely overcast until about 10:30.

Bill Nettles & His Dixie Blue Boys 'She's Selling What She Used To Give Away'

Ruth Brown does 'If I Can't Sell It, I'll Keep Sitt'n On It' --

David G
    Harbor Woodworks

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

It's cold Lone Star time for me...anybody else?

Caught Me Wrong Again - Memphis Minnie

Geez, looks like I may survive this crap for another round.I would really like to have a plate of my Mom's fried chicken with some mashed taters and gravy and maybe some greens and a pan of biscuits. That aint gonna happen, not in this world anyway. Maybe I will just settle for a beer.
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

I was sitting here and noticed a movement in the bushes right outside my window. At first, I thought it was a caterpillar, but it turned out to be a very small garter snake about a foot long. I never saw a garter snake climbing through shrubbery before.

Good afternoon Jimmy, I have never seen one do that either.

Thunderstorms starting to rumble in the area.

They missed us today, maybe tomorrow.

The thunderstorms missed here also. It looked like some started south of here in Mississippi, crossed into Arkansas where they joined with another one then crossed back into Mississippi north of here.

The War and Treaty, "Down to the River"

Ruthie Foster "Georgia"

Big thunder boomers started rumbling through a little after midnight, well It woke me up and that is when my day started. Feeling much better today and I am grateful for that.

Good morning!
    Anybody got a chunk of coffee I can put in my pocket and take to the garden with me?
    Good to hear you feel better, Bobby...later!

Just got my computer back after the storms rolled through a bit of wind and a little over three inches of rain. Glen would have been very wet in my garden this morning.

Morning All,

Tulsy - Don't go out in that rain.... you'll melt!!! Hope your chicks survived the deluge.

Another day in the 70's here. Should be productive.

David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Ok, I just talked to DavidG. He is blaming me for this banned thing. At least I get credit for something. Anyone know what happened? He says he will see us in a month. Oh, I will drink a couple of beers in mourning for him.
    Last edited by Bobby of Tulsa; 08-23-2019 at 11:34 AM.

I thought about him when I saw this.

http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthre...before-posting

Well it is a different world inside the forum, I told him the proud boys got him.

This is for the Gman.

Another one for him.

I have this Oxygen concentrator, I have had it for a couple of years now, and two potable oxygen tanks for back up. This is paid for by medicare, the machine cost almost $3,500 . They did not buy this machine but rent it, these things rent for around $250. a week, I guess I lived longer than planned. They will be out Monday to do maintenance on the machine and bring me more supplies to go with it, nose pieces and tubing. One of my gripes is how much money is wasted, the guy that delivered my oxygen today could have did the work while he was here, In fact if he would leave the stuff with me I could do it, you just have to take a a cover plate off and put a new charcoal cartridge in the dang thing. I guess my initials on the sticker might not work.

I have a wooden box here that held an oxygen bottle for my father. It doesn't have the bottle in it, but it does have two sets of gauges. They look to me like they work on different types of bottles.

The regulator I have now looks a lot like this.
    Last edited by Bobby of Tulsa; 08-23-2019 at 02:32 PM.

A number of years ago in Georgia a family was clearing out a house after their mom died and threw two oxygen bottles in the trash. Two sanitation workers were injured when at least one of the bottles exploded while being compacted. A Google search shows that has also happened in other places.

I can see that, This little bottle I have is about a 4 or 4 1/2 inch diameter and maybe 24 inches tall, The gauge says 2000 pounds in it. Talk about a bomb.

Cool Re: Byob !!!!!!

I wish we could keep Mista G. less political but you know how it is with him.
    I believe Texas Doug got his self banned too.
    The rest of us just teetering on the edge I'm sure.

Keep calm, persistence beats resistance.

If that Txdoug is gone it was that song about what to do with perfect people. I wanted to post that but knowing how loved I am by the establishment I just passed over it.

Thumbs up Re: Byob !!!!!!

A toast to our friends, may they be back soon.

Keep calm, persistence beats resistance.

The gauges that I have.

oxygen gauges.jpg

Gman and I were talking this morning and we came to a place of when you see stupid do you say sumthin or just ignore it? I told him I am not going for a medal of Valor or medal of Honor or purple heart on this forum. This crap has went on since 1998 I know, nothing has changed except the names. It must be beer time some place.

I'm sorry to see David in the slammer.
    At least it is a short sentence rather than 2 years or FOREVER!
    Maybe we can smuggle some good rum and tamales to him.