Page 1533 of 1738 FirstFirst ... 5331033143314831523153215331534154315831633 ... LastLast
Results 53,621 to 53,655 of 60810

Thread: Byob !!!!!!

Default Re: Byob !!!!!!

Tulsy - I sat in a small dab of superglue once. Embarrassing - as I was leading a staff meeting at the shop to discuss the plan for the upcoming week. Maybe 6 or 8 employees. Had to get one of the guys to razor-blade me free. They laughed and argued over which of 'em got to take a razor blade to my ass. <G>

One of my boating buddies used to have long hair. Then one day he crawled up into the bilge, way forward, and did a bit of repair with some quick-set epoxy. By the time he was done, the glob of epoxy he hadn't noticed fall had glued his hair to the hull. Too tight in there to get any leverage... all alone out on his property... he sat there for hours... until a neighbor stopped by (by chance), hear him hollering, and figured out a way to cut him loose. He's kept his hair cut very short ever since.

Glad you had a good night!!

David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Kinda weird when you take a step and the shoe don't go with you.
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

Cool Re: Byob !!!!!!

Glued is better than coming unglued.
    Yawn*.....any coffee left?

Keep calm, persistence beats resistance.

Hey Kevin, I was beginning to think the rapture had came and I was stuck here with the Gman. Fresh coffee for you.
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby of Tulsa View Post
    Hey Kevin, I was beginning to think the rapture had came and I was stuck here with the Gman. Fresh coffee for you.
    Ya danged Tulsmanian Devil... when you gonna learn to spell?

You spelled 'blessed to be allowed to stay here with' incorrectly!!! <G>
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Sorry Mr.G, I guess in all the glory of the moment I just got confused.

Sorry Mr.G, I guess in all the glory of the moment I just got confused.
    <snort>

David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Gman, can you get that guy with the river picture back in here? I bet he has some cool stuff to tell, and We just ordered a case of Cherry cola.

Smile Re: Byob !!!!!!

Mmmmm........coffee.
    Thanks Pal.

Gman, can you get that guy with the river picture back in here? I bet he has some cool stuff to tell, and We just ordered a case of Cherry cola.
    Send him a PM. Tell him to be prepared for a bunch nonsense from Texans, Okies, Oregonians, and a whole mess of others. Tell him about the sasparilla chilling... Just don't tell him too much about Kevin. Don't want to scare him off yet <G>

David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Glen must have wore himself out wit all the birthday party thing this weekend, I got the cure for that

David G
    Harbor Woodworks

In my 69 years on this planet I have seen one of these.

From a front view it looks like a mini owl.

northern Georgia, or Mississippi Delta USA

I saw this large yellow moth recently. That is a 2x4 that it was on.

Yellow moth.jpg

Katarina Pejak - The Practice

Ina Forsman, Ally Venable, Katarina Pejak - Love Me Like a Man

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy W View Post
    I saw this large yellow moth recently. That is a 2x4 that it was on.

Yellow moth.jpg
    That is one cool looking moth, if he lived here some one would spray him with something, The one I posted was on our hostas I hope it layed eggs and more of them show up.I would hate to be the one that killed the last of any species on this planet.

Cool Re: Byob !!!!!!

Kevin, you be bad.

Did you ever hear the term Crash and burn? Well that happened to me about one o'clock this afternoon. I had the best morning that I have had in a long, long time. Then it all went to hell where it seems I spend most of my time now days. Oh well as my friend would say suck it up cowboy we got things to do. I don't do the suck it up thing nearly as good as I used to.

How come that snow in down underland make news in Tulsa and not one of the folks from there on this forum even mention it, was this fake news?

Good evening, everyone.
    Glad you had a good night, Bobby. Sorry to hear about the C&B thing, though.
    Last night, I was thinking Kevin should listen to that Siberian Shaman woman after a couple of brownies. I'd love to watch his face while he listened.
    Kinda wondering why David has this strange affection for "Sinnerman". Some kind of connection there?
    Lots of music to get caught up with today. Youse guys are really active while I'm sleeping at work.
    "We all have a gift, Frank. Yours will reveal itself. Eventually."

Hey Fred, that song you played last night was great for me. DavidG is from Oregone him and his puppet are strange at times but he is a good person me thinks.

I have to say DavidG is very kind to me and has a sense of humor that probably only another person of his age or older can appreciate. A good man really.

I have to say DavidG is very kind to me and has a sense of humor that probably only another person of his age or older can appreciate. A good man really.
    Oh... ok... you finally broke down and said something nice about me. I'll sent your $10 tomorrow! You resisted so long... I though I was gonna have to raise my offer. <G>
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

I would have to agree, Bobby. I met him in person at the Port Townsend boat shop. He's a really affable (that's a good thing ) young man.
    As wild as my imagination is, I can't believe David would ever create such a vile critter for a puppet. Of course, if I'm wrong, that could explain his obsession with "Sinnerman".

Oh my. Speak of the devil!

Gman I luvs ya, and Fred He has no puppet that I know of. That is what he gets for saying that, kinda like Lefty on that video saying hi I am Dutch.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Z View Post
    I would have to agree, Bobby. I met him in person at the Port Townsend boat shop. He's a really affable (that's a good thing ) young man.
    As wild as my imagination is, I can't believe David would ever create such a vile critter for a puppet. Of course, if I'm wrong, that could explain his obsession with "Sinnerman".
    Yeah... I made that claim. But it was a joke. Which I much regret. As I have no desire to be associated with someone as misguided and misinformed as the fellow in question. As far as members of the 'WBF Community' go... we all have our quirks and failings. But I regard him as the near-perfect antithesis of the ideal.

I had been saving 'Sinnerman' for the day Trump resigned... or was voted out. But it's too good to hold on to. I love it. Nina Simone is the benchmark... but there are several excellent versions. The Soul Train Trio version knocks my socks off.

My brother had this version on a 45 when I was young. First time I ever heard it. The lyrics are nice and audible... but subsequent versions are far better.

Last edited by David G; 08-13-2019 at 07:44 PM.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks