Page 1516 of 1876 FirstFirst ... 5161016141614661506151515161517152615661616 ... LastLast
Results 53,026 to 53,060 of 65644

Thread: Byob !!!!!!

Default Re: Byob !!!!!!

Grog is broken out, Kevin...have some!

Cool Re: Byob !!!!!!

We need bigger tankards Captain!!!

Last edited by Domesticated_Mr. Know It All; 08-03-2019 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Burp*
    Keep calm, persistence beats resistance.

northern Georgia, or Mississippi Delta USA

Liz Brasher performs "Hand to the Plow"

Cool Re: Byob !!!!!!

Keep calm, persistence beats resistance.

Larkin Poe perform "Preachin Blues"

Good on you, Kaevin. Love ms crow!

Afternoon (here) all, haven't been about for a bit. Didn't win the big lottery so all of you aren't coming to Aus. for a trip.
    Sad really, I would have liked to pilot a bus load of you mob round the country. Employing a teetotal driver of course…….

I might try again if it jackpots a bit.

Meanwhile cheers, the coffee is brewing and a week of AGM's (5) beckons.

Ugh! Bracing myself for work tomorrow (gnarly software glitch) with a glass of Marlborough Pinot Gris, and some sounds I stumbled upon while surfing YouTube. This would be pretty mellow with a few beers, and some good BBQ

Pete
    I have six trolls on ignore

Quote Originally Posted by skuthorp View Post
    Afternoon (here) all, haven't been about for a bit. Didn't win the big lottery so all of you aren't coming to Aus. for a trip.
    Sad really, I would have liked to pilot a bus load of you mob round the country. Employing a teetotal driver of course…….

I might try again if it jackpots a bit.

Meanwhile cheers, the coffee is brewing and a week of AGM's (5) beckons.
    LOL, just been Sydney - Melbourne trip planning with Suzanne. Five weeks to go, thought we'd better start figuring out where to navigate the Great White Road Maggot (motor home to yous fellas).

Pete
    I have six trolls on ignore

I see some Good folks stopped by this morning, what a pleasant surprise. Of all days for my computer to not work, till after the fact. I need some coffee for sure.
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby of Tulsa View Post
    Today is not one of my better days but yesterday was a good one, I spent a couple of hours on skype talking to my friend Curtis last night. It had been a while and I was really missing him. He seemed to be happy and that makes me happy for him. Someone should be tendin the dang bar my jar is dry.
    It was good catching up with you finally, Bob. Afterwards i talked to Herself and she mentioned that you and I must have had a few. To which I said, we usually do!

Good mornafternoon, all.

Life is short, play with your cougar.

Quote Originally Posted by Curtism View Post
    It was good catching up with you finally, Bob. Afterwards i talked to Herself and she mentioned that you and I must have had a few. To which I said, we usually do!

Good mornafternoon, all.
    That was one good time my friend, and why anyone would think we were drinkin is a mystery to me.
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

Morning All,

Survived a day at the Cathlamet boat show. Weather gorgeous. Boat & people turnout very good - seems to get better every year. Helped a bit with a boatbuilding demo. Yakked a lot. Saw some lovely boats I'd not known before. An old friend brought his recently-completed small electric cruiser up from Astoria. He did a sweet job with her. Took me for a ride. Also got a ride on a similar electric boat that I've known for a while. Forgot to take fotos - except for this boat, because an old friend wants to build a steam launch --

Last edited by David G; 08-04-2019 at 09:29 AM.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Morning Mr.G, the onliest boat show I ever attended was In Duluth Minnesota back in 2001 or 2, It was a Wooden boat thing but I never did see much about it in the mag. Lots of really cool old boats there. Looks and sounds like you had a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby of Tulsa View Post
    Morning Mr.G, the onliest boat show I ever attended was In Duluth Minnesota back in 2001 or 2, It was a Wooden boat thing but I never did see much about it in the mag. Lots of really cool old boats there. Looks and sounds like you had a good time.
    Had a lovely time, indeed. Rode down with a friend, and had a good yak. Hooked up with a third buddy over lunch and we talked about his Tolman Skiff build. Got roped into an interview with the local paper. And she hung around afterward to flirt (prolly just a kindhearted young lady being nice to the Ol' Phart <G>). Got to listen to a rant from the editor of another (marine) publication about human-powered boating idiocy.

Had another good chat with the woman who was playing music for the event. Acoustic guitar hooked up to a baby Fender amp, playing folk and blues. Just the sort of thing I'm aiming for (don't know about the amp though). Small boating (actual boaters - not some of the dingbats in the bilge) is such a nice community.

Here's a few images from past years --

Michael's Dudley Dix cruiser, and Harry Bryan tender --

A restored Lyman --

A Welsford Scamp --

A potpourri --

Last edited by David G; 08-04-2019 at 09:47 AM.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

A bit of light rain here over night and this morning. I left the windows down in the Ford last night. No wind and the truck is old enough to have rain gutters so not too much got in.

John Shaw recorded this Friday at a campaign rally for a guy running for state Senate in Mississippi.

R L Boyce was nominated for a Grammy. He lost out to Buddy Guy. Lightin' Malcoln was also on the nominated album.

R L Boyce "You Will Have To Meet That Man"

Morning Jimmy, the dang internet has been really up and down the last few days, So my response is a little like late or never.

Beth Hart - Caught Out In The Rain

Morning Fred, just sitting here doing nothing which seems to be what I do best anymore.

So Fred, I see on another thread you are familiar with fish plates, Which is your favorite one? All seriousness aside here, I used to work in a shop that put those beverage bodies on trucks, I am talking pop or beer trucks. You would cut the frame right behind the cab put a drop in it and extend it the length of the drop in the body do the same at the rear and reattach the rear end of the frame. Lots of fish plates, you do not weld across the web of that channel.

A lot of skill required to get that lucky.

James Conrad Ace - Idlewild Open Hole 9

There is a guy that lives a couple of yards over from me who does that frisby thing, I have seen him do one shot from over two hundred feet, I do not know how they learn that control.

That shot was 258 feet. That is straight line not around trees as James threw it. The YouTube channel where I have been watching video from that tournament has ads from a disc golf store at corner of 21th St and Memorial drive in Tulsa. On Google maps, that location must have been a Subway location before. Most of those male pros can throw over 500 feet. I have seen Paige Pierce throw over 420 ft. and she probably weighs about 125 lbs.

i don't know what those basket things cost but this man has three of three of them

You can get cheap ones for around $70. Twice that for the least expensive ones that I would like to have. $300 up for a really good one.

$449 at Amazon, but I found it for $399 and free shipping where the pic came from.

Last edited by Jimmy W; 08-04-2019 at 04:05 PM.

SAMANTHA FISH ❖ Belle Of The West

Ok, this day is a total waste of oxygen and time, my brain just does not work anymore. I went to the TDG's house to put quarter round in for her, an hour job at the most. I spent the whole afternoon over there and she finally said go home dad. I just can't do anything anymore and no one I know loves me enough to go to prison for killing me. Beer me dudes.
    Last edited by Bobby of Tulsa; 08-04-2019 at 07:52 PM.

Cold Shiners for you, Bobby.
    I'll have a couple with you my friend...wish I could do more.

Hey Bobby. Don’t beat yourself up, Sir. Some days are just like that, I think, even when we are in our best years. So, when you have a day like that.... just remember ....

Thank you Garland, There was a time my friend, it is hard to let go.

After posting that song by Van Morrison, I wonder has anyone in the bar spent any time In Ireland?