Page 1487 of 1992 FirstFirst ... 4879871387143714771486148714881497153715871987 ... LastLast
Results 52,011 to 52,045 of 69720

Thread: Byob !!!!!!

Default Re: Byob !!!!!!

I just had a brisket sammywich, dang was it good.
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

My oldest child just came over and I was braggin on my brisket cookin so she sez you know brisket is really bad for you don't you. What a buzz kill that girl can be.
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby of Tulsa View Post
    I just had a brisket sammywich, dang was it good.
    You're a cruel, cruel, Gila Monster!!! <G>
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

I do my best Sir DavidG.

I do my best Sir DavidG.
    I know if I'd just take a few minutes... and invent a teleportation machine... you'd send me some of that brisket to sample... in a NY minute. Glen ain't the ONLY humanitarian in these parts <G>

As a consolation prize - my chorizo and andouille sausage turned out quite good.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

G man I escaped from the girls a few minutes and that sausage sounds gooood.

Well I thought I was free, I had to go put more charcoal on the cooker for the woman. They don't realize I got cool air and beer in my room.

The group across the way are beginning to gather, I see hamburgers and sausage being put on our table, life is good today.

Cool Re: Byob !!!!!!

Pfft.....Black Cats?
    Ifn yore gonna toss something into the neighbors yard, this will get their attention.

The neighbor said he spent 2500 bucks on fireworks.
    Not one half stick.
    I bought one for 5 bucks and when it went off, it set off 2 car alarms and left a 2 foot crater in their yard.
    Keep calm, persistence beats resistance.

I woke up at around midnight to what sounded like Alpha company had engaged the enemy. A few mortar rounds and then automatic weapons firing then intermittent thee or four round burst of M 16 fire. That brought on some sweat let me tell you. Fresh coffee cause the first pot is gone. Cold beer and Blood Marys for any one needing such things. Good morning to one and all.

Good morning Bobby and Fred!
    A quick cup of coffee and off to the garden...have a good day amigos.
    Today is my younger daughters birthday....54! Dang I am old!

When kids get older than you think you are you know old age has caught up with you. I guess I missed Fred and Glen while I was out tending my chickens. My oldest will be 46 in September.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Z View Post

Kevin, I remember M-80s and Cherry Bombs from my misspent 5 years in Chicago. I have no wish to handle those things again.

I wouldn't think of lighting it and throwing it like I once did.
    I did a sneak attack while they were in the house gettin another beer.
    A half stick with a long fuse right next to their porch.
    I used a cigarette to delay the fuse and was back inside the house when it went off.
    It still smells like smoke outside and there's fireworks litter all over the neighborhood.
    I fired up the mower and leaf blower about 7:30AM.
    I'm pretty sure somebody's headache got worse right about then too.

Thumbs down Re: Byob !!!!!!

I woke up at around midnight to what sounded like Alpha company had engaged the enemy. A few mortar rounds and then automatic weapons firing then intermittent thee or four round burst of M 16 fire. That brought on some sweat let me tell you.

My Mother was more freaked out than our dog used to get.
    The dog would crawl under the couch for a few days.
    Mom was convinced someone was shooting at our house.
    People can be inconsiderate jerks sometimes.
    A residential neighborhood where the houses and yards are close together, is no place for fireworks.

I woke up at around midnight to what sounded like Alpha company had engaged the enemy. A few mortar rounds and then automatic weapons firing then intermittent thee or four round burst of M 16 fire. That brought on some sweat let me tell you. Fresh coffee cause the first pot is gone. Cold beer and Blood Marys for any one needing such things. Good morning to one and all.
    Morning All,

I slept in the basement last night so I didn't have to listen to the noise. Hard to believe that people were setting off large aerial fireworks here in a residential neighborhood... but some were. <sigh>

I've had dogs that were a bit frightened by all the fireworks, and would stay inside, kinda stuck to one of his humans. Not this one. He kept going out back to back at every explosion. His attitude seemed to be, 'knock that **** off, I'm about to go to bed'... or maybe I'm just projecting <G> But he definitely was TELLING them... something bad.

David G
    Harbor Woodworks

They tell me a Benadyl and loud music helps those animals that afraid of that kind of stuff. Not earth shaking eardrum rupture loud. Morning David G. Had a good day yesterday actually got to spend time with the family and not hide away.

They tell me a Benadyl and loud music helps those animals that afraid of that kind of stuff. Not earth shaking eardrum rupture loud. Morning David G. Had a good day yesterday actually got to spend time with the family and not hide away.
    Nice!!!

Didja eat anything good?
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Oh ya, more food than we ever needed. Tater salad, grilled burgers and sausages, corn on the cob, sauteed red peppers and onions to go on the sausage dogs can't forget the brisket and Modelo Negra there may have also been some wine around. Then there was that cream cheese whipped cream stawberry on a short bread cookie crust frozen and topped with strawberries and blue berries. I think that was all there was beside the chips and dip. I think the girls took stuff home with them plus a dozen eggs a piece and we still have to much left here. When my wife is off work and her friends or family gather here, no one will ever go away hungry.
    Last edited by Bobby of Tulsa; 07-05-2019 at 11:20 AM.

Oh ya, more food than we ever needed. Tater salad, grilled burgers and sausages, corn on the cob, sauteed red peppers and onions to go on the sausage dogs can't forget the brisket and Modelo Negra there may have also been some wine around. Then there was that cream cheese whipped cream stawberry on a short bread cookie crust frozen and topped with strawberries and blue berries. I think that was all there was beside the chips and dip. I think the girls took stuff home with them plus a dozen eggs a piece and we still have to much left here. When my wife is off work and her friends or family gather here, no one will ever go away hungry.
    "Everyone eats when they come to my house" <G>
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Tulsy - at least your probably didn't have someone trying to steal your beer.

Oregon... gotta love it!!

David G
    Harbor Woodworks

I'll be eatin leftovers til Monday.
    I'm totally OK with that.
    Another hot, humid day up here but, the humidity and heat fades a little on Sunday.
    The grass needs cut but it's 92F and I'm having a hard time giving a ****.
    Stay cool Brothers.

I wonder if he would be good in Mezcal, The worm is ok the scorpin is kinda scratchy goin down, that look like something that you could share with a couple of people or watchit come back up after you tried to down it. Maybe that was just a bad Idea.

That's good bait.

Morning Kevin, I wish you was here, I would let you take me fishing

Thumbs up Re: Byob !!!!!!

I'd love to take you fishin up here on Lake Erie.
    Later this month I'm attending a family reunion in West Virginia.
    I'll be fishing in the little creek I learned how to fish in when I was a kid.
    I haven't fished there in 40 years.
    My cousins assure me that it hasn't changed at all and the fishing is still awesome.
    I can hardly wait.

Last edited by Domesticated_Mr. Know It All; 07-05-2019 at 12:34 PM.

Enjoy yourself Kevin. I hope you have a great time. You know what they say. Every day spent fishing adds a day to your life.

It is gettin to hot to be playin out Glen, something cold to dirnk and some bs is in order I think.

Seems ol Willy just keeps on goin. I hope he lives and sings another bunch of years.

I agree, an inside day. I came in early.
    Cold beer is working...Coors for a change!
    Good to see you moving around, my friend.

Good to be moving. Is your garden still going or is it stalled by this heat? I have a couple of tomato plant with some green ones on them if they don't sun scald or birds peck them I may get a few, any corn I get will look like that baby ornamental stuff in stir fry. I do have a couple of habanero peppers that are doing ok I guess. It just stayed too wet and cool for anything to grow this spring.

Looks like DavidG has turned to a vegetabletarian. Maybe his wife figgered if he was gonna perform like a rabbit he should eat like one.