Page 1483 of 1767 FirstFirst ... 483983138314331473148214831484149315331583 ... LastLast
Results 51,871 to 51,905 of 61819

Thread: Byob !!!!!!

Default Re: Byob !!!!!!

I don't do naps Kevin, if I sleep an hour of a day there is no night sleep for me.
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

OK, I'm up. Sortalike. I'm in rec... that is, I'll take some of the bloody mary. Going out to dinner and drinkies with my twin is always a harrowing experience. I was drinking a sour... which happened to be 10.5" ABV (I noticed a bit too late in the festivities). It was nice to see him though - and hear about the Salish 100.

David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Good morning Mr.G, sounds like a good time and those 10. beers will sneak up on you fast or so I have heard.
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby of Tulsa View Post
    Good morning Mr.G, sounds like a good time and those 10. beers will sneak up on you fast or so I have heard.
    I know... I know... it's all just rumor. Because you'd never drink anything stronger than Shiner. Right??? <G>

Hope the day is treating you well so far. I'm contemplating bathing the dog before I head over to the shop. The kids are off camping on Mt. Hood... so I'll have to wait for my Geffen fix.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

I am almost a tea total er as you say.

I am almost a tea total er as you say.
    "Almost".

I like that word... almost. It has a certain...

flexibility <G>
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Yep you can just sling it around like poo anywhere you want.

Kinda afternoon here, just talked to Lefty and looked back in here. Good brunch you fixed Mr.Z.

Looks very good Fred, I would gladly have that with you.

Looks very good Fred, I would gladly have that with you.
    Hear Hear!

I'm just being lazy today. Not doing any office work. Haven't made it to the shop. All I've managed is reading the Sunday NY Times, pushing some laundry, and putting away some clean dishes. What a dynamo <snort>
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

I am waiting for the Girl to show up and staying cool. She may bring beer of some kind and I will trade her something a bit stronger for it. Since it is Sunday she will be more than willing to drink with me, I think it is because she hates monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Z View Post
    I'm not doing much better, David. Loaded up the dishwasher, and ran a load of whites. That's ready to hit the dryer, but the 43 year old Maytag just started acting funny this morning. Doesn't want to turn the drum - just hummms.

Got a big T-storm moving in now, but it should pass in an hour.
    You think it may be the belt that turns the drum? If so that is a fairly easy and cheap fix. That dang belt is kinda like a big rubber band and those dryers come apart like a puzzle.

Thumbs up Re: Byob !!!!!!

I am waiting for the Girl to show up and staying cool. She may bring beer of some kind and I will trade her something a bit stronger for it. Since it is Sunday she will be more than willing to drink with me, I think it is because she hates monday.
    The TDG is a one in a million Bobby.

Keep calm, persistence beats resistance.

You think it may be the belt that turns the drum? If so that is a fairly easy and cheap fix. That dang belt is kinda like a big rubber band and those dryers come apart like a puzzle.
    That was my first thought as well. When the belt gets old, stretches out, or the tensioning goes wonky...

If you're smelling a hint of burnt rubber... this is the most likely diagnosis.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Ain't much to go wrong with an old Maytag.
    They last forever.

Dang Glen, Little Joe the wrangler, my ma taught me that song when I was just a pup. Thank you for that.

Cool Re: Byob !!!!!!

You recon Fred is tearing that dryer apart about now?

TDG says Thank you Glen!!!

Hi Fred, Sitting here drinkin with the girl, She told me her bosses Call her Sybil and really avoid her in the early morning hours, she said she is also angel or Crystal, she don't let angel out much because they take advantage of her. This really just a game she plays. She is so like her daddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Domesticated_Mr. Know It All View Post
    Ain't much to go wrong with an old Maytag.
    They last forever.
    Indeed. We have an ancient Maytag washer and dryer. Easy to repair when they need it, but they don't need it often. My sweetie would kinda like one of the newer sets that is much more energy and water efficient. But they are SO expensive, and so complicated. Some friends just did a big remodel - which included a new W+D. They spent over $1,000 apiece, and have had the service people out a dozen times over the last year. Mostly covered by warranty, but not all, and really expensive when not. They both say they wish they'd just stuck with the old machines. They feel the same about their very expensive refrigerator. On the plus side - they've had no problems with the DW... and rather like the new stove.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

It's down to 73F with a cool breeze.
    I'm givin the a/c a rest and opening windows.
    Whew!

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Z View Post
    We bought these machines in 1976, and I've replaced the igniter in the dryer three times, a flame sensor once, and the belt once. On the washer, I replaced the control panel once. Did that myself. I'd bet you'd never get that kind of service life out of those $1,200 machines.
    To be fair, we did spend about $350 a piece for those two Maytags 43 years ago, which was big money then.

Now, if I can just figure out where to get tis 45 year old Hoover Dial-a-Matic vacuum cleaner restored...
    I just gave away a 50 some year old Kirby vacuum the little impeller thing just imploded and that was the end of it. It had all the bells and whistles and weighed a ton, we have no carpets any more and the broom works great.

Where the heck is that Txdoug dude I stayed up late just to bs with him.

Ok, I am outta here, tomorrow dudes, if it happens.

Good morning guys, I think my computer had a hang over or something. It finally woke up and let me get on line. Coffee is good this morning and it looks like a pretty good day now that This dang computer started working again, talk about withdrawals man this no online stuff really sucks.

I could use a cup of that coffee, Bobby.
    Have a good day sir!

Man, I am glad to see you here Glen, I thought I had died and went to computerless hell. Coffee for you my friend.

Smile Re: Byob !!!!!!

Mmmmm.....coffee.
    Mornin fella's.