Page 1478 of 2025 FirstFirst ... 4789781378142814681477147814791488152815781978 ... LastLast
Results 51,696 to 51,730 of 70859

Thread: Byob !!!!!!

Default Re: Byob !!!!!!

"para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Z View Post
    Erm, Doug? What is it exactly you're planning?
    What the hey are you asking that kinda question for?? Do you LIKE being an unindicted co-conspirator? <G>

Reminds me of the t-shirt the kids got me for my birthday recently --

They call me

GRANDPA

Because calling me a

Partner In Crime

Makes me sound like a

Bad Influence
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

northern Georgia, or Mississippi Delta USA

Caught Me Wrong Again - Memphis Minnie

What the heck did Gman do to this coffee pot? Looks like he scrubbed it with a wire brush it will never be the same again. Oh well I got this old gallon bucket I will make due. Coffee will be ready in a little while. A bloody Maria for You while we wait.
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

Got my new coffeemaker yesterday. Set it up, rinsed it out, and brewed the first batch this morning. I like! Isn't it interesting that it takes '3' of what they define as 'cups' to make a mug of coffee. My mug is 19 oz.

So at 14 (really 15) cup carafe capacity... I can make 3 mugs of coffee.

Hope everyone is well and good this fine morning!

David G
    Harbor Woodworks

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Quote Originally Posted by David G View Post
    rinsed it out
    for the first and last time?
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Amber has got the blues!
    I noticed her last night after closing and cleanup, sitting at a table with a half empty bottle of our best Tequila and a bowl of quartered limes and a shaker of salt and a pint jar.
    I pulled out a chair and, asked her, why the long face.
    She said Tony left meI
    I asked, which Tony?
    She said, the last one...Duh!
    I asked her, how long had you known this Tony?
    She sighed deeply and said, since Monday!
    I said, aw hell, Amber, every time yoi fall for one of these truck drivers that come through here, you land on your back.
    Amber gazed off into space and smiled dreamily and said, I know...
    I said, aw hell, Amber!

Glen... ya' ol' Humanitarian... did you cheer her up?
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    for the first and last time?
    I made '6' cups of coffee for the trial run. After the second mug was poured, and the carafe was empty, I rinsed it out. Prolly do that every time. Does that count? Oh... and this particular appliance has a 'clean' button - that lights up when the coffee-genie decides it's time to clean the machine. Haven't read to manual to see what one does at that point. Throw the thing away? Ignore it? Is there a 'reset'??? <G> Do all the new ones have little charcoal filter packets that you have to replace every few months? Our water is good. Clean, and not hard. I'll probably just replace the filter 3-4 times a year.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Make that beer, or rum, and I'm there...

David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Good morning Guys, a better day than the last few. I sure wish I could go fishing but looks like it may be a spell before that happens. Hope you all have a great day and Gman I like that pic you sent to my wife. It really has a name but I could get banned if I told you.

Oh and David, I may make a lure that looks like that, talk about original.

Morning

Esther Rose, "Handyman"

I used to sing this 'Handyman'. The girls seemed to like it --

David G
    Harbor Woodworks

I figger this was a song Gman would have been singin.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby of Tulsa View Post
    Good morning Guys, a better day than the last few. I sure wish I could go fishing but looks like it may be a spell before that happens. Hope you all have a great day and Gman I like that pic you sent to my wife. It really has a name but I could get banned if I told you.
    Lessee... it looks a bit like a carp. Or a sucker. So that would make it a... whoops, not going there! <G>
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

SAM CHATMON - Old Screwdriver

Quote Originally Posted by David G View Post
    Lessee... it looks a bit like a carp. Or a sucker. So that would make it a... whoops, not going there! <G>
    Yes and I think that head is a rooster.

I got a good laugh out of it and the woman never caught why.

I wonder if Glen is at the farmers market selling corn and tomatoes. He could at least make Tequila money and share with his friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby of Tulsa View Post
    I wonder if Glen is at the farmers market selling corn and tomatoes. He could at least make Tequila money and share with his friends.
    Good to see you up and at em my pard!
    Corn is all gone...ate some and gave the rest away to my kids and neighbors here at Villa Senile.
    I pulled up the stalks chopped them up with a machete, and buried them in the compost pile. Made new seed beds where the corn was. Looking forward to end of August when I will start planting a winter garden.
    I have all the seed already on hand...beets, broccoli, red cabbahe, green cabage, collards, red Russian kale, dwarf curly Scotch kale, kohlrabi, mustard greens, Spanish yellow onions, red burgundy onions, white unching onions, radish, daikon radish, spinach, lettuce, purple top turnip, carrots.
    Last edited by Glen Longino; 06-27-2019 at 01:31 PM.

Dang Glen, so far I have gotten two tomatoes, the few green beans that survived produced like crazy and those few corn stalks are like a foot tall and all tasseled out so I know where that is going.

A bit of Townes for you.

Glen I hope you are in a cool place, looks hot down your way.

Grab a glass,

I got plenty of limes, do they work with rum? Fred will need something to cool him off some.

I think Fred wants his rum strait up.
    Thanks for the lemonade and the Townes song!
    II just woke up from a two hour nap...too hot and humid to go out. From daylight till around 10AM is all I can stand.

One for TXDoug...he played some Juston last night...

One of my favorite Spanish guitar songs

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Longino View Post
    I think Fred wants his rum strait up.
    Thanks for the lemonade and the Townes song!
    II just woke up from a two hour nap...too hot and humid to go out. From daylight till around 10AM is all I can stand.
    I just went up to my shop thought I might work on a lure just to keep from being bored to death. Well it is 90 some in my shop and even with the fan going, no way can I do that kind of heat. I will just have to deal with my crazy in front of the ac.

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]every good pub needs a joke now and then.

A man from France, a man from Britain, and a man from Tulsa are on an exposition to the Amazon Forest. After a while they get lost. So as they are walking the bushes rustle and men with spears are there. One man says "Hey, you are in our sacred land. So what we are going to do is skin you and then use your flesh to make canoes. But we aren’t that crazy so we will let you choose how you die." The man from France said, "bring me the poison." The man from Britain said, "bring me the gun" And the man from Tulsa said, "bring me a fork" The guy was confused with the fork but still brought it the items and gave it to them. The guy from France said, “for the France!” And drank the poison and died. The man from Britain said, “long live the queen!” And shot himself and died. And the man from Tulsa started stabbing himself with the fork and said “MAKE A CANOE OUT OF THIS YOU F...ERS”
    [/COLOR]
    Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business.
    TOM ROBBINS, Even Cowgirls Get the Blues

Too cool my man.

That made this old man laugh.