Page 2502 of 2526 FirstFirst ... 150220022402245224922501250225032512 ... LastLast
Results 87,536 to 87,570 of 88401

Thread: Byob !!!!!!

Default Re: Byob !!!!!!

Well the decoration thing is a good thing.
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Z View Post
    Well shoot. I guess I'll check in. Bobby was getting up from his first sleep just after I went to bed for the night. Coffee is made, donut run completed, and breakfast scramble is on the table.

I hope Bobby had a good second sleep, and the rest of you lazy guys - wake up soon and have a loverly day.
    I was up relatively early. Did some chores. Wrassled WildThings. Cleaned up a mess I forgot I left in the laundry room. Good day so far.

And - while I don't want to jinx it - I felt better and better thru the day y'day... and the trend continues so far today. Not all better, but headed that way it seems. I hope it lasts!!! Tulsy... you'd best put some giddyup in your waddle, or I'M gonna win that knife <G>
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Morning David, I am not even in the contest.
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

Room temp PBR the beer that kept the grunts going. Help yourself.

Cool Re: Byob !!!!!!

Don't mind if I do.

Burp*
    Keep calm, persistence beats resistance.

Hi Kevin, how you be amigo?

Thirsty!

Good one Kevin.

A reminder for all ---

David G
    Harbor Woodworks

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Morning folks, as of today it has been one year since the cancer moved in or at least since the docs found it. It gets harder to deal with every day, not fun at all.

G'day Bobby and the gang. Today was the first of our 'work up' days at the sailing club for the coming season, mowing, cleaning gutters, a few repairs etc. But such a beautiful sunny day with an ideal steady 15kt southerly.
    So the afternoon was given over to sailing lest we waste such a beautiful opportunity.

Good for you Jeff, sounds like a fine day indeed.

Bobby I am very sorry that you are having such a hard time of it these days.
    One of the quirky things amongst the older members I found out today was the number of heart bypasses, new knees, hips and even a shoulder that were acquired over the winter.

Thank you sir, I guess it is just apart of getting old and worn out.

Thumbs up Re: Byob !!!!!!

It's after Noon.
    I got magic* cornbread muffins & chili.
    Not too early for beer izzit?

Morning Kevin, it is always beer time.

There's beer in the chili.

This is on the menu too.

Guaranteed to give you Paul size farts*

Beer make chili better.

Went back to bed so I could finish off a good book. Finally up and making coffee now. Still snotty... wondering now about allergies.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Mr. G, you could have a bad sinus infection, my wife had one she did the antibiotics and steroids twice before it went away.
    I had forgotten that till she heard about you and reminded me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby of Tulsa View Post
    Mr. G, you could have a bad sinus infection, my wife had one she did the antibiotics and steroids twice before it went away.
    I had forgotten that till she heard about you and reminded me.
    Thanks, I'll explore that with my MD when I get her on the phone.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

She had no signs of a sinus thing just kinda like you are going through.

She had no signs of a sinus thing just kinda like you are going through.
    Hope you're doing well today. I'm committed to shopping and grilling for the mob tonight. The idea is that the 3 boys & I will brainstorm tonight about their idea of a construction partnership for the 3 of them. Starting with little capital, of course, but I can let them operate out of the Harbor Woodworks shop to start with. Son2 is the motive force. An entrepreneur who loves problem solving, and therefore is really enjoying construction. Son1 is just involved to support his brother, and to earn a bit of cash, while maintaining a flexible schedule. The third young man is one of the 'honorary' sons, and he's serious about making it a real business, it appears. Just exploring the idea tonight.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Good luck on the new venture. Nothing like a good dream come true.

Good luck on the new venture. Nothing like a good dream come true.
    It'll be their baby, if they decide to do it. My role will be 'Senior Advisor'. Just 'aiding & abetting'.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Good dinner. Good discussion. I think they are sorted out for the next steps.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Well it is five o'clock some where or a few minutes after. Got beer and the coffee pot is doing it's thing.
    I wonder if Curt is without power? Haven't heard from him in a few days.
    Last edited by Bobby of Tulsa; 10-03-2022 at 04:16 AM.

G'day Bobby, I'll join you in a beer or two. Sunny spring day here, taming the raspberries and other prickly but delicious treats. Gotta keep the birds out so they are all in big net cages. The results are great but I will not miss all the work. I'm having to do most of it now as well as Anne's arm is not good.
    But it keeps me fit…….
    Hope you had a better day today Bobby.

Jeff you are just a busy man. Glad you stay healthy.

I'm here, Bobby. A little ruffled up and a lot wore out from 3 days of yard clean up after the storm, and the 4 days it took me to tie stuff down, bring in small plants and yard art. Old #47 has put me on notice that I was about to run out of bend and lift credits, lol. Yesterday morning the young neighbor showed up and helped me get everything trimmed up and my lot looks better than it did before the storm!

The power co shut us off wed afternoon and we got it back about 24 hours later, luckily. A cold front followed Ian and we've had nice mild temps, which is good for those still without power in this county. It made the cleanup less grueling and all the neighbors are feeling upbeat and quite fortunate that we were spared the brunt of things. Once the city collects all the piles of debris we made and the big branches are hauled off, it will look like nothing happened, almost.

The eye was over 100 miles from this area at its closest pass and late wed we were seeing gusts in the upper 70s , sustained winds in the low 60s and relatively little rain. The night before the storm we got 1 inch and as the storm passed we got an additional 3". Pretty much normal summer storm #s around here. As you've no doubt seen, folks south and east of here didn't fare so well. Last death toll from Ian was in the low 80s, so far.

Dodging a bullet doesn't quite describe what we did here.

Life is short, play with your cougar.

Good to hear from you Curt. You got really lucky on this one for sure.
    Last edited by Bobby of Tulsa; 10-03-2022 at 08:45 AM.

Morning All,

Boy did I fall back to sleep. Awoke around 5 and read for a while. Didn't want to wake the house that early. Quickly fell back asleep and zonked until 10:30. Wowza!

Curtism - glad to hear the worst of it missed you.

Tulsy - what's YOUR excuse? What's mine?
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Good afternoon David, I don't think I have an excuse not sure about you.