Thread: The nutters are incensed at Bill Barr.

Default Re: The nutters are incensed at Bill Barr.

You can't be surprised: Trumpers turn on anyone who strays.
    Elect a clown expect a circus

Has he gotten death threats yet? That's how he knows it's official.
    Can we have him keel hauled?

Remember in February when Attorney General Bill Barr trashed the DOJ's reputation to override its prosecutor's recommended prison term for Roger Stone and push for a much shorter sentence?

I remember... but apparently Roger Stone has forgotten. Not only is Stone a nutter but he is also an ungrateful sob.

Yet the Senate majority is mute.

And the press conference this afternoon with Lin Wood and Sydney Powell was ... psychedelic. Topped by Trump's own recorded statement from the White House disembowelling Bill Barr's words from yesterday.

Every day a new record low in the White House and Senate. And a new record high in hospitals and morgues.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Quote Originally Posted by TomF
    And the press conference this afternoon with Lin Wood and Sydney Powell was ... psychedelic.
    Wow.

Sidney Powell: Former Trump lawyer leads Georgia rally, calls on Republicans to boycott runoff elections
    Rally attendees chant ‘lock him up’ toward Republican governor of Georgia Brian Kemp

Graig Graziosi
    8 minutes ago

Sidney Powell, the conspiracy theory pushing lawyer who formerly represented Donald Trump's legal challenge to the 2020 election results before being fired by the campaign, led a rally-like press conference in Georgia today to protest the state's election results.

Supporters of Ms Powell gathered in Atlanta for a "stop the steal" rally. Lin Wood, an Atlanta based attorney and supporter of Mr Trump, joined her and led the crowd in a "lock him up" chant directed at the state's Republican governor, Brian Kemp.

At least one supporter at the rally was seen carrying a literal pitchfork.

Both Ms Powell and Mr Wood said that conservative votes would not be secured in the upcoming runoff election between Republican Sens. Kelly Loeffler and David Perdue against Democrat challengers Raphael Warnock and Jon Ossoff, respectively.

Georgia State Rep. Vernon Jones who was also attending the rally contradicted their claims and called on voters to turn out and vote in the election

Mr Wood then retook the stage and undermined Mr Jones. He told voters to boycott the election unless the state agrees to completely overhaul its electoral system.

"Why would you go back and vote in another rigged election?" Mr Wood said.

Ms Powell has pushed numerous conspiracy theories without evidence that massive voter fraud occurred and that Mr Trump is the winner of the 2020 election.

The lawyer has filed numerous error-filled lawsuits and has referenced individuals like Ron Watkins - who is believed to be a major driver of the QAnon conspiracy movement - in her filings.

Ms Powell filed her lawsuit - which she dubbed "releasing the Kraken" - in Georgia on Friday. But the filing contained several typos and its metadata suggested another individual with ties to the White House, Juli Haller, actually authored the filing.

Ms Haller works at the Department of Housing and Urban Development and was named in a lawsuit alleging she had mistreated an Iranian-American at the agency.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b1765389.html

The next 50 days or so will be truly bizarre...

Jeff C

Quote Originally Posted by John Smith View Post
    Has he gotten death threats yet?
    That will be interesting. Death threats against the AG is a great way to put an end to your freedom.

President-elect Joe Biden is going to retain Christopher Wray as Director of the FBI. That must drive Trump crazy. No doubt his nutter base will also froth at the mouth once Trump reacts with a twitter rant.
    Last edited by Tom Montgomery; 12-02-2020 at 05:45 PM.

The ship is sinking. Jared Kushner was in charge of the lifeboats.

Now, the rats are fighting among themselves.
    We're merely mammals. Let's misbehave! —Cole Porter

I do not live in Georgia, I am not a Republican, but this still hurts to even try to consider what is going on down there. Is the whole party imploding around The Donald?
    "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito"

-Dalai Lama

I'd hope so, Art. The dissolution of the Republican Party would be a blessing at this particular moment in time. Like right now.

I predict there will be a new third party movement to rival the Bull Moose (with a different self image of course) here within six months. Maybe a year, but certainly in time for the mid-term election.
    One of the most enduring qualities of an old wooden boat is the smell it imparts to your clothing.

Meanwhile Sterling, the Georgia election official was interviewed on NPR tonight and when asked if any of this has changed his opinions or his vote, he answered that he would still be voting for the Republicans in the upcoming special election.

These people are extremely dense.
    One of the most enduring qualities of an old wooden boat is the smell it imparts to your clothing.

I can only hope these idiots succeed in their fantasy effort.
    A society predicated on the assumption that everyone in it should want to get rich is not well situated to become either ethical or imaginative.

Photographer of sailing and sailboats
    And other things, too.
    http://www.landsedgephoto.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lew Barrett View Post
    I'd hope so, Art. The dissolution of the Republican Party would be a blessing at this particular moment in time. Like right now.

I predict there will be a new third party movement to rival the Bull Moose (with a different self image of course) here within six months. Maybe a year, but certainly in time for the mid-term election.

I had such high hopes that the Tea Party movement would split the Republicans. I wanted the Partiers to take all the crazy righties with them so the GOP could return to being a Centreright party and that would push the Dems back to being true liberals. I never expected the Tea Party to eat the Elephant
    "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito"

-Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by TomF View Post
    Yet the Senate majority is mute.

And the press conference this afternoon with Lin Wood and Sydney Powell was ... psychedelic. Topped by Trump's own recorded statement from the White House disembowelling Bill Barr's words from yesterday.

Every day a new record low in the White House and Senate. And a new record high in hospitals and morgues.
    They seem quite fearful of Trump voters. Do they think they'll vote for dems? Will Trump's image fade if/when he faces criminal prosecutions in several states, and get indicted/convicted?

Then how will senators supporting Trump look?
    Can we have him keel hauled?

Quote Originally Posted by Art Haberland View Post
    I had such high hopes that the Tea Party movement would split the Republicans. I wanted the Partiers to take all the crazy righties with them so the GOP could return to being a Centreright party and that would push the Dems back to being true liberals. I never expected the Tea Party to eat the Elephant
    You seem to have missed that the Elephant has always been the Tea Party. Study history.
    A society predicated on the assumption that everyone in it should want to get rich is not well situated to become either ethical or imaginative.

Photographer of sailing and sailboats
    And other things, too.
    http://www.landsedgephoto.com

Quote Originally Posted by John Smith View Post
    They seem quite fearful of Trump voters. Do they think they'll vote for dems? Will Trump's image fade if/when he faces criminal prosecutions in several states, and get indicted/convicted?

Then how will senators supporting Trump look?
    no, they will support more radical Republican Senators, like the Qanon Supporter Marjorie Taylor Greene.

-Dalai Lama

Meanwhile Sterling, the Georgia election official was interviewed on NPR tonight and when asked if any of this has changed his opinions or his vote, he answered that he would still be voting for the Republicans in the upcoming special election.

Holy salmon poo. What we really need a vaccine for is cognitive dissonance.

He would have to say that in these circumstances.
    Rick

Lean and nosey like a ferret