• Flee The Country

4 22.22%
  • Health

7 38.89%
  • Other

1 5.56%

Thread: Poll: How Will Trexit Play Out?

Default Poll: How Will Trexit Play Out?

First, the number of ways this spitshow is gonna end is small.

One way is that Trump becomes President For Life. I regard this outcome as possible, but very remote.

There is the remote possibility that he will be re-elected, serve his second term, and retire gracefully to a one-room suite at the Walled-off Astoria.

There is the possibility that he will lose the election and begin his stay in jail four years earlier.

There is the remote possibility that he will be impeached, tried, convicted and removed by the Senate.

There is the possibility that he will go to Moscow for the May Day Parade, and simply never come back.

Another possibility is that because he's apoplectic half the time, it's possible he'll simply collapse at any time.

I've probably left something out.

Given your answer to the poll, how would you rate the chances that Trump will be the 'Republican' Party candidate in 2020?
    Rattling the teacups.

He will be censored by the Senate in very strong language. Will be challenged by Kasich for the GOP nomination. There will be a big fight about states that lose primaries. He will withdraw his bid for reelection due to medical reasons when he falls behind in the primaries, then serve out his first term.

Default Re: Poll: How Will Trexit Play Out?

Spontaneous combustion?

I'd add 'loses election in 2020, retires, no jail term' and 'wins reelection, serves out second term, retires, no jail'. I'm no better at predicting the future than any other mortal, though.
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

Some horsesh!t health issue.

It will be deemed more damaging to an already fractured society than its worth to prosecute him. He’ll retire to his resort and tweet bullish!t 24-7.
    \"A little too tall, coulda used a few pounds...\"

I'll add 'Following a brief pupal stage, emerges briefly and gets swatted by a wind generator'

Rick
    Naively believing there is justice

Just the fact that we are considering all these options, and find many of them plausible, indicates clearly that no one really knows what kind of sheetstorm awaits us, but we all agree that a sheetstorm is soon to be upon us, if not already raining down.

Impeached in the House, and while the senate shuffles their feet, 'shot' or some bizarre, ycmtsu event, while trying to flee.
    sproing

Other: Declared mentally incompetent to fulfill his duty or stand trial. Dragged kicking and screaming out of the White House by secret service after being removed by the 25th amendment.

Yeah, it's unlikely, but it's actually in the realm of possible. His kids would go along with it in a heartbeat. They're stupid, but would happily burn him to take governorship of the company. They eat their own.

A wacko outcome is just as likely as an obviously logical one. He splits when no one is looking.
    Nosce te ipsum

He gets into a wetsuit and swims out to a waiting Russian sub.

Exactly! That's why he's moving to Florida!
    Nosce te ipsum

In the land of gun violence there's a pretty obvious possibility. Which I don't condone for a moment. But it has to be on the list.

Sent from my CPH1851 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Beowolf View Post

It will be deemed more damaging to an already fractured society than its worth to prosecute him. He’ll retire to his resort and tweet bullish!t 24-7.
    I think this latest little medical melodrama was the first step toward setting up that option.

Jeff C

Quote Originally Posted by leikec View Post
    I think this latest little medical melodrama was the first step toward setting up that option.

Jeff C
    Yeah. For me it's either the Medical Condition or the May Day exile plan.
    Rattling the teacups.

Quote Originally Posted by Beowolf View Post

I go with that. Otherwise the crazies will be aroused for decades.

Quote Originally Posted by oznabrag View Post
    Yeah. For me it's either the Medical Condition or the May Day exile plan.
    At this point nothing would surprise me.

Jeff C

Quote Originally Posted by skuthorp View Post
    I go with that. Otherwise the crazies will be aroused for decades.
    Yeah, well the crazies have been upset that their treasonous little crook got threatened with impeachment 50-odd years ago, and they've been in a seditious furor ever since.

If we knew we'd have to put up with this feckless caterwauling for 50 freaking years, we should have just hung the treasonous bursted on the National Mall and been done with it, but nooooooooo . . . Ford had to pardon him 'for the good of the country'.

Rattling the teacups.

northern Georgia, or Mississippi Delta USA

Putin will have no use for Trump after this plays out. He will have to find somewhere else to go.

Outside the White house trump is of absolutely no use to Putin. He would not be welcomed into Russia- he would be an embarrassment and a liability. If he did end up there he would die tragically from a mysterious ailment (and probably glow in the dark for a couple of hundred years). Trump will be removed from office well before the next election. The faithful will make a loud, angry buzzing noise which will quickly subside and peter out, like kicking a bee hive in the dark. If the Democrats can get their chit together and promote a worthwhile candidate, the republican party will be flushed away and not seriously bother anyone for years. Those republicans who right now are defending trump through the impeachment process, and doing their utmost to smear the good names of the witnesses who've had the courage to stand up and tell the truth, should be forever banned from holding any public office. Except Barr- he should be gut shot and buried at the local tip JayInOz

If I were a betting man, I would put odds on a medial emergency, real or imagined, that would allow him to hand off the reins of power before he gets impeached
    "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito"

-Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Art Haberland View Post
    If I were a betting man, I would put odds on a medial emergency, real or imagined, that would allow him to hand off the reins of power before he gets impeached
    Like Keith says, predicting the future is a crapshoot.

I too like the 'medical' smokescreen scenario because it would be so low-effort on his part and I can see him just oozing into the role seamlessly. The trouble with it is the unresolved criminal issues the SDNY is cooking.

He's gotta be sweating bullets on that front.
    Rattling the teacups.