Page 1 of 7 12 ... LastLast

Thread: az ebs . . .

Default az ebs . . .

EBS in Phoenix, Arizona Friday February 28th at our new home.

Kick it off about three or four o’clock in the afternoon and run it till the police show up.

I’ll provide the Real Southern Barbecue, you bring the beer!

PM me for address and RSVP.
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Default Re: az ebs . . .

You should stream it on youtube for those that can't make it.
    Nosce te ipsum

video evidence? ****

maybe, maybe not. . .
    Nosce te ipsum

It's Az. Who's gonna prosecute a good ol' boy barbecue?
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

looks like a solid 24 hour drive for me. you'd better have some AWESOME swag bags

I read the thread title as "ez abs" I've been flooded with too many new-year's resolution ads, evidently.
    The true patriotism, the only rational patriotism, is loyalty to the Nation ALL the time, loyalty to the Government when it deserves it.

Damn.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Quote Originally Posted by TomF View Post
    Damn.
    is february so bad a time of year for you to visit az?

I wish I could be there.
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

South Puget Sound/summer Eastern carib./winter

Think Bob Smalser will show up?

Wish I could!
    I was born on a wooden boat that I built myself.

All are welcome.
    Pet photography, the degree you get when you fail aromatherapy - Duck D.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    is february so bad a time of year for you to visit az?
    It's just, I mean, .....
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Long way from Deutschland... But I'll be there in spirit.

Cool Re: az ebs . . .

Keep calm, persistence beats resistance.

Default Hotel Options

Since we have a decent posse forming maybe one of us should look into block booking some rooms? It would be nice to stay someplace where we can all commune, ride share, whatever. I have no particular skills doing this but if we agree that staying in the same place would be an advantage (I think it would be ace) I will start to work looking into options unless somebody else wants to tackle that. PM me if you're in. Don't dally. Time is money!
    One of the most enduring qualities of an old wooden boat is the smell it imparts to your clothing.

Thanks for "volunteering" to take on coordination duties, Lew. There won't be any money, but on your deathbed, you will receive total enlightenment.

You may need to clear some p.m. space.

So excited to hear you're coming! I understand Norman , John and Paul of course, Joe, and maybe Stephen are flying in? Too cool. When we decided to make Phoenix a short winter break I reckoned we'd be hanging on to Paul and annoying John for four days and be doing it alone. Kind of amazing how this has pulled together. Fantastic.

We should discuss hotel budgets and by the way Watson, I shall be relying on your regular input. You have my email? I'll make an email group so we can keep developments together. If folks are coming and want to get into a block booking thing, they should PM me their email addresses.
    One of the most enduring qualities of an old wooden boat is the smell it imparts to your clothing.

Default Re: Hotel Options

Quote Originally Posted by Lew Barrett View Post
    Since we have a decent posse forming maybe one of us should look into block booking some rooms? It would be nice to stay someplace where we can all commune, ride share, whatever. I have no particular skills doing this but if we agree that staying in the same place would be an advantage (I think it would be ace) I will start to work looking into options unless somebody else wants to tackle that. PM me if you're in. Don't dally. Time is money!
    I just texted ya a little while ago, Pless texted me yer phone number.

I'm OK with whatever everyone prefers... if I was on my own, I tend to stay at Hampton Inns (reasonable price, clean rooms) but I can go upscale or downscale if that's the preference.

Another point... anyone else thinking of renting a bike for a day or two while there? I've never had the opportunity to ride in the desert or mountains before.... the Grand Canyon is a bit too far, perhaps (3 1/2 hr ride from Phoenix) but I bet there's a lot of nice riding available within 50 mi of Phoenix. The weather is typically in the 60's during the day... but down to the high 40's at night (too cold for me).
    "Reason and facts are sacrificed to opinion and myth. Demonstrable falsehoods are circulated and recycled as fact. Narrow minded opinion refuses to be subjected to thought and analysis. Too many now subject events to a prefabricated set of interpretations, usually provided by a biased media source. The myth is more comfortable than the often difficult search for truth."

Lew, I wrote you a p.m..

It was probably the best p.m. I have ever written. I spent, like, three hours just working on the title. You still haven't cleared enough space.

But nevermind that, I have your number. Will text you my email. Just need a moment of silence for that fantastic p.m. that will never be delivered....

I am working on hotel room rates. Not out of question to bring in a yurt (leave behind) or something more entertaining.

7FD61B95-0839-4076-8EEF-601207AAF3DE.jpg

CAFB2FE5-5D31-493B-A89F-D22D932E85D3.jpg

Norman! I'd consider a day on a bike depending on circumstances. A little depends on what Lindy is up to. Are you bringing your helmet or do you rent there?

I'll check for your text now!

Got it. Replying now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Hoppe View Post
    I am working on hotel room rates. Not out of question to bring in a yurt (leave behind) or something more entertaining.

7FD61B95-0839-4076-8EEF-601207AAF3DE.jpg

CAFB2FE5-5D31-493B-A89F-D22D932E85D3.jpg
    You have the connections! I will put a list together and everybody will get an email tomorrow so we can communicate efficiently on this. I'll add any folks as they verify attendance. Man oh man!

Jesus, you guys are killin me.
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

We are likely. Working out details now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lew Barrett View Post
    Norman! I'd consider a day on a bike depending on circumstances. A little depends on what Lindy is up to. Are you bringing your helmet or do you rent there?
    I'd have to bring my own. I wear a XXXL, and in previous bike rentals, helmets that big are hard to find. Go a head, call me a fathead

There are a couple of bike rental companies in Phoenix, but there's also a 'ride share' company, where you can rent privately owned bikes. One participant happens to have the identical bike to mine, a 2018 Kawasaki Vulcan S, in white... and the rate is VERY reasonable, around $50/day. I haven't reserved it yet, though.

Let's establish an email group of attendees, where it will be easier to coordinate.... you've got my email addy, and you can feel free to pass it along to whoever else plans to come.
    "Reason and facts are sacrificed to opinion and myth. Demonstrable falsehoods are circulated and recycled as fact. Narrow minded opinion refuses to be subjected to thought and analysis. Too many now subject events to a prefabricated set of interpretations, usually provided by a biased media source. The myth is more comfortable than the often difficult search for truth."

No BMWs. But some nice Vespas...

Mailbox cleared now. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Bernstein View Post
    I'd have to bring my own. I wear a XXXL, and in previous bike rentals, helmets that big are hard to find. Go a head, call me a fathead

There are a couple of bike rental companies in Phoenix, but there's also a 'ride share' company, where you can rent privately owned bikes. One participant happens to have the identical bike to mine, a 2018 Kawasaki Vulcan S, in white... and the rate is VERY reasonable, around $50/day. I haven't reserved it yet, though.

Let's establish an email group of attendees, where it will be easier to coordinate.... you've got my email addy, and you can feel free to pass it along to whoever else plans to come.
    Email group will be active by tomorrow morning. It's not clear to me yet about bike rental but I'm chewing on it.

Count me in. Contact info has been sent to Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by StevenBauer View Post
    We are likely. Working out details now.

Outstanding!

Quote Originally Posted by J. Brown View Post
    Count me in. Contact info has been sent to Paul.
    Great! Gathering of the clan across some distances. I'll get you on the list.

I cleared my PMs and I'm logging off for now but if you're coming and you don't think I have your email address, please just PM it to me and I will build the list in the morning and email ya'll so you have it too.
    For the record, I have the following addresses:

Paul
    John
    Lee
    Norman

Edit:
    Ted: I have your phone but not your email.
    Stephen, same. I have phone, no email. I guess we just talk when we want to and how lovely is that? Voice calls are the favored messaging medium of my people anyway. Send me your email address.
    Joe, if you're reading this and coming, I need yours too.

Das ist alles for now
    Last edited by Lew Barrett; 01-15-2020 at 09:32 PM.