Page 2117 of 2163 FirstFirst ... 111716172017206721072116211721182127 ... LastLast
Results 74,061 to 74,095 of 75702

Thread: Byob !!!!!!

Default Re: Byob !!!!!!

Cool Re: Byob !!!!!!

Keep calm, persistence beats resistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby of Tulsa View Post
    Well I could offer you a Busch but I figgered that would offened you.
    Not at all.

I can be disgusted without being offended <G>

If it came to that... I'd just steal some of Fredz rum instead
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

So the forum is eating post again, they say third times a charm. Well this is number four maybe it will work. One year later and four thousand dead in Oklahoma and the senators say no to the aid package say it is to much money and we just can't afford it. Welcome to Republicanland The land of eat sh%t or die. Coffee, Tequila, beer and some rum for David G. Oh I say F them basteds
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

Well, I guess 4th time's a charm today. Morning, Bob. I trimmed another palm tree yesterday and took a full load of fronds to the dump. That should do it for another couple years.

Life is short, play with your cougar.

Morning Curt, you gonna make Pinellas county Palmless if you keep that up.
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

I kinda stole that from some Florida guy I heard on your radio station a few years ago. I think he must have been a Hiaasen fan. The song he sang was Aint no pines in Pinellas County. It was about all the realestate bought up and cleared for building. On another note I read Mr. Hiaasen was retiring from the news paper soon.

No, I'm done for now. I swear on a stack of Wooden Boat Magazines, no more ladders for a good while.

Back to the kitchen now, again, still. Coug had the cleaning gal over to empty out the base cabinets and clear the main countertop yesterday. She's flying out in a week or so and then the fun will start.

Enjoy the day Curtis, luv ya my friend.

Love you too, pal.

I'm surprised Hiassen stuck it out the 40 or so years he managed. After decades of following Florida politics with a microscope, its a wonder his mental hygiene isn't a complete mess. The fiction novels he wrote, where he tormented characters in the most brutal of ways, must have helped keep him sane.

I hope all you pubsters are alive today. Kinda quiet in here. Just put on a big pot of beans should be a noisy night.

Quote Originally Posted by Curtism View Post
    No, I'm done for now. I swear on a stack of Wooden Boat Magazines, no more ladders for a good while.

Back to the kitchen now, again, still. Coug had the cleaning gal over to empty out the base cabinets and clear the main countertop yesterday. She's flying out in a week or so and then the fun will start.
    Morning All,

Lotsa ways things can go wrong with ladders. Glad to hear you survived this round. A single buddy who's building himself a homestead up in the Columbia River Gorge used to scoff at my suggestions for ladder safety when he was working alone. Then he rode one down from 2 stories up, fractured his pelvis, and had to crawl (in mondo pain) to the house phone to call help. He's a believer now.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

David G
    Harbor Woodworks

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Good morning all...perfect spring day here...

Good morning Glen, glad you have nice weather.

Morning David just got off the phone with my crazy Florida friend, Not the one that post here. How are you?

Thumbs up Re: Byob !!!!!!

Sometimes ya gotta go up and last time I checked, I still can't fly.
    A ladder is a necessary evil.
    I can still do it, just not for long.

My last ladder event was about ten or twelve years ago. I was wiring up a garage door opener, about seven feet off the ground, for some reason I decided I could just walk off the ladder into space. I realize about that time I was going to fall on top of my table saw so I gave a big push off. I ended up getting my knee drained a couple of times and some xrays to pay for. I am now banned from ladders, if I can't reach it from the ground someone else is going to have to do it for me.

Yea, I got a terse but brief lecture one day when she came home and saw me high up on a 14' ladder while there was nobody home. When I told her I had my cell phone in my pocket she asked if I thought I could dial with a broken neck. Ok, she had a point.

I've got one of those werners with the wide feet that makes several configurations, a 4' scaffold, up to 8' step ladder or a 14' extension ladder. It's heavy duty to lug around but very stable once I get it set up. This type of palm has the horns sticking out from fronds I trimmed in the past and you can hook the top rung on them so there's (almost) no way it can fall over. The two trees I trimmed have just about outgrown my reach so I'll likely hire a pro the next time it needs done.

Back home for some nachos, roasted broccoli, crackers, milk, and cookies.

Kit client is in from Montana. He visited, we strategized, and had a lovely chat.

Meanwhile - dog went to the vet... and the guess is lung cancer. It could be pneumonia. They're gonna treat him for that, as it's relatively cheap & easy... and will help with the symptom's if it's lung cancer. I'm pretty sure it's the cancer... and his days are numbered. So we'll treat him and coddle him and make him as comfortable as possible until the scales tilt and we put him down. He's been a great dog, and I'll miss him.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Glad about the job thing, so sorry about the pooch.

Sorry to hear it David.

Afternoon Tom.

Unhappy Re: Byob !!!!!!

Sorry to hear David.
    The hard part of living with animals.
    Peace to you my friend.

Thumbs up Re: Byob !!!!!!

Well it's happy hour.
    I think I'm gonna need more than an hour.

I agree Kevin.

Howdy Amigos,

Let me offer a dram of my best Scotch for David, for no house is a home without a good dog. Now for the rest of uins it's Cutty Sark and Lone Star.

This is a re do of an old song with a bunch of cool new images.
    cheers

Thanks to you Mister 22.
    That helped me extend happy hour to happy evening.

Thanks all for the pup condolences. I've got a lot of good memories of hiking, camping, and boating with him.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Smile Re: Byob !!!!!!

Where's the coffee?
    Bobby must be feedin the chickens.

I guess it's up to me to get things started.

Morning Kevin, I am having one of My lungs are on fire days, Coffee and such are not real high on my list of I want to do that things.

Morning All,

I love those first few sips of coffee in the morning. When it's so hot it *almost* burns your mouth, and is hot enough to clear out the throatpipe in impressive fashion. Delicious and satisfying!

Kevin - just keep pouring. I'll wave my arms when I'm ready to stop.

Another day ahead heavy on sawdust. Hopefully a productive one. I'm stalled on one of the components, and awaiting advice from the designer. And the right saw for long sticks is still dead - but there's definitely stuff I can do... and I've figured a 'workaround' (yes, Tulsy, when the pros do it, it's a 'workaroung'... NOT a McGuyver) <G>

T'Devil... knock that chit off please. Hope improvement comes fast.

David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Getting a little relief here, just been sitting out back in the sunshine. Back in now and checking in on you folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby of Tulsa View Post
    Getting a little relief here, just been sitting out back in the sunshine. Back in now and checking in on you folks.
    Like!

Home for lunch. Nachos, cottage cheese, milk & cookies. Was hoping to find an email from the designer, but no luck so far.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks