Page 1915 of 1967 FirstFirst ... 915141518151865190519141915191619251965 ... LastLast
Results 66,991 to 67,025 of 68844

Thread: Byob !!!!!!

Default Re: Byob !!!!!!

I have one of those red cabbage in the kitchen, I think I will make some pickled cabbage today, I like real fermented sauerkraut but the salt level in fermented stuff is a killer for my blood pressure and does not do my heart much good either. This is a vinegar recipe.
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

Morning All,

Just finishing up some coffee and headed off to the shop for a bit of sawdust in the coolth.

Hope everyone has a great day!

David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Have fun David.
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby of Tulsa View Post
    Have fun David.
    Thanks... I'll certainly try. Moving some stuff around, then building a couple of small things.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

I got that purple or red cabbage, whatever you want to call it sliced up and salted down, I will let that sit till tomorrow rinse the heck and the salt out of it and jar it up and let it sit for a week. I really don't see the point in the salt that just draws the water out of the cabbage. In fermenting it is your brine but they just pour off the brine rinse and use a vinegar brine. Oh that is the first one of those type cabbage I have butchered. I like the green ones better.
    Last edited by Bobby of Tulsa; 08-04-2020 at 12:23 PM.

I wonder if Glen is back at the garden, I want to hear if that test was too much fun.

Fred have you made or had this dish?

Nurse stuck a Q Tip in one nostril then drew some blood from my arm and said get out, you're done.
    Results Friday...

The Q tip would be easy the blood test not so much. The last one I had took them over an hour to just find a veins that would work. The labs are to dang tight to buy one of those scanner things that show every vein in your arm.
    Last edited by Bobby of Tulsa; 08-04-2020 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Speel checker is dumber than me.

She saw my veins and said woohoo

Well I got cabbage and onions and bacon and I am pretty good at making pasta or dumplings. So over the week end I will give it a shot, I like everything in it so it should work.

Well in about a week I will have red pickled cabbage. I will report back.

That sounds close to what I am making, no cooking so it stays crunchy.

I guess that may make it more like a bread and butter pickle and less dill.

I luvs you man. I am not a big fan of bread and butter pickles either.

We be special Fred. All these folks warning him about us and all.

^Think trump.

I have not had any coffee in a few days, I just have no taste for it and not much in the way of food. This morning I had a few crackers and a can of Cambells chicken and rice soup.

Has only been a short time ago that I went through two pots a day. Life changes I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Z View Post
    I'll find out, and let you know. Personally, I rather dislike bread and butter pickles

Meanwhile, the oversized bag of douche claims to be getting amazing emails about some of us. Makes me feel so insecure. I didn't think there was anyone who doesn't like me.

Who, you?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby of Tulsa View Post
    Has only been a short time ago that I went through two pots a day. Life changes I guess.
    It's the only constant.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Z View Post
    When I was a kid, we had cooked red cabbage fairly often (German side). I picked this up at a local store last year 'round Christmas. (Product of Poland)

Attachment 65496

It's just cabbage, water, sugar, vinegar, salt, clove, and cinnamon.
    Paternal grandparents weren't far removed from Deutschland. She made something very similar, regularly.

Pickled beets, too. And some sausage & cabbage dishes that I still remember fondly. Or would that be fennelly? Her real thing, though, was baking. Loved to make pies. Best crust I've ever had. Used to watch her, and do some of the easy stuff - scrubbing and peeling apples, etc. And she always bakes the leftover dough with sugar & cinnamon as a treat for us kids. I never mastered the crust thing... so I do cakes <G>
    Last edited by David G; 08-04-2020 at 07:44 PM.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Howdy pards!
    Anybody thirsty or hungry just holler...Amber is back...Syed spoiled her, treated her like a queen she said...

Hello Glen, what's up?
    Didn't see a single 'locked thread' recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Syed View Post
    Hello Glen, what's up?
    Didn't see a single 'locked thread' recently.
    Doing well, Syed...thanks for asking.
    There is a small box one inch from my fingers as I am typing now.
    Beside the box is a message "Close this thread".
    Despite all my caution, I know I will drag a loose finger across that box again soon.

Cool Re: Byob !!!!!!

All I have to eat is beer nuts.
    I need to go shoppin.

Keep calm, persistence beats resistance.

Hang in there Tulsy, you need to eat more, and breeve I know yall got Ice Cream.

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Longino View Post
    Doing well, Syed...thanks for asking.
    There is a small box one inch from my fingers as I am typing now.
    Beside the box is a message "Close this thread".
    Despite all my caution, I know I will drag a loose finger across that box again soon.
    The Giant prick with ears will fade away again soon enough if we don't feed it.

Thanks Catalina, how are you doing?

I found a quarter wilst I was dropping my drawers

Way to go Fred. Good tune Catalina.

I guess Glen is out gardening and Kevin is sleeping in. No telling where Curtis is about now. I made it out to the chicken pen and back without losing any blood or breaking any bones. I guess it is a good day so far.
    Last edited by Bobby of Tulsa; 08-05-2020 at 08:00 AM.

Syed should be all kicked back resting from the toils of his day, I hope.

You too Fred, I have lots of falls recorded in that dang chicken pen. I wish someone would come along and ask if they could have them. I would say yes if you take all of them the feeders and water things as well, the water and feeders are worth more than a hundred dollars. Just the heated water thing cost almost half that much. It was well worth it in the winter months