Thread: How to get people off unemployment

Default How to get people off unemployment

I'm looking for jobs, and I'm finding everything out there pays under or at what I'm being given on unemployment right now. I have actually applied at one job because I am excited at the opportunity to work on fighter jets. However, the pay isn't exciting at all. I will make what im being given, and as a result of necessary travel, my expenses will go up significantly. Only saving grace is overtime, which will likely be minimal. However, if overtime were to be tax free, id get a lot more excited to get back to work.

I hate not working. I can only imagine most people are happy to be off and will stay unemployed just because they can. I can only imagine you could motivate more of the blue collar folks to work by making their time more valuable to them. That in turn should give the economy an adrenaline shot, and make our country more productive.

Default Re: How to get people off unemployment

One Trump plan is to delete the payroll tax till the end of the year. That would be a little over a six percent raise.
    Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country. John Fn Kennedy. (D)

Oh look, the blind leading the ignorant!

Quote Originally Posted by mdh View Post
    One Trump plan is to delete the payroll tax till the end of the year. That would be a little over a six percent raise.
    right. and the same raise to employers. who've been raking in ppp funds and not sharing. what a crock.

i thought "social security is going bankrupt!!!". but that was just your integrity bottoming out.

An observation. It seems much easier to get a job when you're already working.
    In part because of the connections and contacts that you make, so you pick up that there is an opportunity out there before its advertised, and the other point is that employers prefer to hire people who have demonstrated that they can work, are reliable and employable. Unemployed people are too often not in that category.

Grab the job and keep a watchful eye out for something better.

John Welsford
    An expert is but a beginner with experience.

NJ is looking at 15%+ unemployment right now. They just extended our benefits another 30 weeks. I work in a very specialized field and make good money doing it, but I will be lucky to return to it this year.
    "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito"

-Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by sleek View Post
    I'm looking for jobs, and I'm finding everything out there pays under or at what I'm being given on unemployment right now. I have actually applied at one job because I am excited at the opportunity to work on fighter jets. However, the pay isn't exciting at all. I will make what im being given, and as a result of necessary travel, my expenses will go up significantly. Only saving grace is overtime, which will likely be minimal. However, if overtime were to be tax free, id get a lot more excited to get back to work.

I hate not working. I can only imagine most people are happy to be off and will stay unemployed just because they can. I can only imagine you could motivate more of the blue collar folks to work by making their time more valuable to them. That in turn should give the economy an adrenaline shot, and make our country more productive.
    Working on fighter jets without being in the service? Or are they old decommissioned jets? For current hardware, for security reasons alone, they usually don't farm maintenance out, but perhaps at the prime manufacturer like Boeing or Lockheed, etc.
    When you can take the pebble from my hand, it will be time for you to leave.

It sounds glamorous, but you'll find out they are no different from any other greasy, dirty hard working machine - attention to detail is absolutely critical though. You can't just pull off the highway at 20,000 feet.
    But I'd take the job, for the sense of pride and self worth, if nothing else.

Petr
    I have six trolls on ignore

A lot of people now collecting unemployment are going to get a rude awakening next April 15 when the tax bill comes due.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd D View Post
    A lot of people now collecting unemployment are going to get a rude awakening next April 15 when the tax bill comes due.
    And it IS rude.

'Unemployment Compensation Insurance' is just that: Insurance.

One pays income tax on NO OTHER TYPE OF INSURANCE SETTLEMENT, as far as I know.

Just one more way the little guy gets it in the neck while the rich guy laughs all the way to the bank, here in the land of the free and the home of the brave.
    Rattling the teacups.

Quote Originally Posted by sleek View Post
    1. Most people want to work and do not like being on unemployment

2. You are right. Labor, time, experience should be appropriately compensated-- which means less cash going to the execs and management (who, btw are not producers of capital but actually are overhead, but they hate hearing that). That's what we've been saying since forever. Raise the minimum wage. Raise wages across the board. "Share" the wealth. Spread it around. The money is here in this country, and it's being hogged away by the piggies at the top!

Quote Originally Posted by callsign222 View Post
    Just looking at this makes my blood boil.
    Rattling the teacups.